1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham - Draw (Demon Mayor Wins)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

What else are you going to vote on, the non-existant information that will reveal itself on day one?

All you have are suspicions on day one and I personally feel that Zeitgeist is scum.

KaiDASH is suspicious aswell Fen he's posted 9 times and has yet to add anyhting of value to the thread.

You shouldn't trust anyone in this game CB.

So anyone got anything to say. All discussion is good.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, lynching randomly in HoT directly contributed to killing the Mother of Dragons, so it's not always a bad idea. Then again, that was Kai's plan and he was scum, so perhaps we should be looking at the bandwagon starter rather than the target.

Still, it's a 48 hour day so there's plenty of time. I'm going to pimp my gathering information shtick again, so let's give some other people a chance to fuck up before bandwagoning.

Also, I find it interesting that there is no Judge analogue in this game. The closest is Two-Face, who has to sacrifice himself to commit someone, but he's scum.

3. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That wasn't random lynching. I'd targeted him last night, and he survived. We targeted him because he had a huge chance to be scum.

Why do people keep getting their knickers in twists about 'following Kai'? It was a sensible course of action - didn't everyone agree on that at the time?

Non-existent information on day one? Come on now, every day is a goldmine of information. Like your posts, for one. So we gather as much as possible while we can, and lynch intelligently. Randomly lynching is as bad as not lynching; the more discussion we get the better it is for town.

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Its not so much that it wasn't a sensible action as it was the fact that everyone seemed content to blindly follow whatever he told them to.

This is what I've been trying to say exactly.

5. Alindrome

We weren't blindly following. Or, it didn't seem like the town was blindly following him to me at the time (bearing in mind I knew he was scum for sure at the time thanks to priest check result). Personally I thought it was a sound plan for town, and since it was the obvious action, there wasn't much dissent about it.

6. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Vote Player: Jon

Subject to change when he becomes less power-hungry.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Welp Sacrifice, you just said you want to commit the mayor to the insane asylum

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: Sacrifice

Reason: he sees Jon isn't one of the sewer dwelling scum like him, and wants to unsettle us by hard-charging against him

Like Minion in SW1 except he was good and misguided and thoughtful.

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Only because I was dead already. It was horrible idea at the latest when Krogan roleclaimed and no one contradicted him, and when Kai started to propose a plan that boiled down to "lynch more townpeople so that we can use the mislynch check/kill afterwards" you should have lynched him instead. I was raging in my QT.

9. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

For your info, we are ALL in the asylum.

---------- Post automerged at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

besides, you being so over-protective of Jon makes me suspicious of you, Commander Bond.

10. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Kai and Zeit are always suspicious.

That said, neither of them are the true threat. Much like Richard Wilkins the I/II/III, he speaks with a civil tongue, aspires to be mayor, and undoubtedly plans to commit/kill all of us in the name of power. I'm speaking of Jon.

Vote Player: Jon

He's just too damn dangerous to let live.

11. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Great point, but until he takes a super hot slayer under his wing, I'm not too worried.

Sacrifice,you knew what I meant.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was referring to Krogan having been found out as the sellsword taking away the obvious fakeclaim for the Mother, aside from Mountain of course.

Agreed.

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Well it was definitely a good plan for town imo (and it was varying degrees of good for my scum depending on what roles Krogan/Fiat had), and Krogan was almost definitely going to be lynched anyway seeing as 6 people (myself included) voted for him in the 11 posts after daystart, Zeit's queen reveal later on aside (although from the few QT's I've read it seems nobody actually thought he was the queen - Go figure).

I went over this when it happened - Krogan had a 75% chance to be scum, and if he was scum the ONLY roleclaim he could possibly make is the Sellsword. If I was Sellsword I would NOT have counterclaimed him (and it's definitely -ev town to do so in any case) there because once claimed as the Sellsword you're never going to get nightkilled, so you're just sitting around waiting for the MoD to eat you. It's doubly bad too because the main power Sellsword has is to draw nightkills away from more important roles, so by counterclaiming here you're making your power mostly useless.

I don't think this is terribly relevant to the game at hand for most people (although I'd argue that knowing how people think is always relevant), but I'd be happy to talk about this with you in PM or on IRC with you if you want to.

---------- Post automerged at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

double post:

claimed as the Sellsword with an active +life

14. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote Tally Thus Far

Zeitgeist: 1
    Eternity Lost

Sacrifice: 1
    Commander Bond (Ollie K)

Jon: 2
    Kensington, Sacrifice

Not Voted Yet: 26
    1and1is3, Aekiel, Ashaya, Dead, Fenraelis, guljons, Irene, Jon, Jwlk, KaiDASH, Kalas, Kang, klackerz, Krogan, mishie, Nae'blis, Necrule Paen, Palindrome, Republic21, Riley Poole, Scrib, Sesc, Silens Cursor, Vira, Yeagen, Zeitgeist

There are 30 Players remaining, so 16 votes are required for a majority.

27 hours remaining in Day 1.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  15. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Correction: I voted for Jon.

---------- Post automerged at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

and Commander voted against me.

16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Edited. Missed the newest votes.

17. Alindrome

I feel very tempted to vote for Eternity Lost, but I feel stopped by not knowing what to think about the newer batch of players.

They're really rather tricky to gauge as players. Maybe it's because we don't have much of an idea of what they're like outside of the game thread, or maybe it's because they don't always fit into how I'd usually expect people to post on DLP, but they often seem more scummy than they perhaps ought to to me.

So I guess they confuse me. I feel more inclined to lynch them, and more cautious about it too. Not sure how to proceed regarding them.

18. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Drome, I actually get a different read from you about Eternity Lost. I think that while he is misguided about voting so early (And really, we only have 26ish hours left) this shows a sign of inexperience rather than, say real scumminess.

Now drawing the attention to Zeit...

Having played quite a few games with you, this is one of the first times I'm seeing you being so extremely aggressive/defensive on the first day *without much provocation*. While Drome is right to say that you are almost always this bitter and this is no scum-tell, but there's something off about your sentence. You're flying off the handle way too fast even for a player freshly scorned in HoT. No offense.

" My role in Gotham is pro-town and sucks balls: there's too much pressure on me to deliver." <--- What stood out to me. The sentence was just off. Like... part of it is false. If your role is pro-town and sucks balls, why would there for you to have pressure to deliver? A) The game has many mutiple pro-town characters, and there's not really ONE role where all the pressure is placed on. b) If it sucks balls, I'll take it to mean, it's useless/passive, because you seem to like active roles (Vigilante, scum, yadda)

Hence, I'm forced to conclude that only the latter part is true, that there is too much pressure on you to deliver. Which leaves room for a few power roles like Batman or Scum.

So I'm sorry Zeit, even though I convinced you to join this game, you are standing out way too scummy to me right now. I think I'll have to side with Eternity Lost.

Vote Player: Zeitgeist

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Interesting, Sacrifice, Kensington.

A nonsensical reason and an exclamation of being too 'dangerous'. Too dangerous for who exactly? Your scummy non law-abiding ass?

For the record Sacrifice, carrying over grudges from previous games is pretty retarded.

20. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

and for your info, power-hungry Jon, I do not carry grudges from previous games.

So my reason may be nonsensical, and obviously doesn't prove anything, but oh look, I spot someone over-supportive of you, and you yourself might very well be SCUM.

Suggesting I was acting based on Fate/Nightkill is a retarded thought by itself.

out of topic post-script: Oh yes, I am still alive there, why won't you attack me