1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham - Draw (Demon Mayor Wins)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Nah, I agree on that. But that's why I find it confusing; I'd be more inclined than I probably ought to to pass things off as inexperience.

You've got a lot of good points on Zeit; mostly though that he's sending mixed messages about his role - I thought he was saying that it sucked because of the responsibility, though, but regardless I don't like that he keeps role-hinting, since if he's being truthful it's only going to get him targeted.

I still think it's more derpy than an indicator of guilt, though. Anyway, I'm off to bed now.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I want to say that lynching people because they are 'dangerous' is stupid and hardly better much worse than random lynching. If someone is a solid scum player (hence the 'danger') then they would also very likely be a solid town player (and in this game, out of the players who I'd rate 'solid scum', only 2 are not also 'solid town').

So lynch people because they are probably scum, and not because 'if they are scum they are dangerous' without any judgement on their being scum or not.

I do think this should go without saying, but I've seen people suggest 'x is dangerous so we should lynch x now' enough to know that sooner or later it'll happen.

As for lynchings, I think Zeit is being suspiciously inconsistent with what he's saying but otherwise nobody is raising any flags for me (other than the previously mentioned 'X IS DANGEROUS LET US KILL THEM' crowd) but I might be just reading things wrong since I was mostly the target of Zeit's baw.

3. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Funny, Irene. I would have thought you would consider the fact that he used "sucks balls" as a very important pro-town role and hence the great pressure on him. I don't believe you would miss that out.

Rescind Vote

I am tempted to vote against you Irene, but I want to hear what you have to say first.

4. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Following Batman's lead is not a bad idea.

Besides, I think Zeit is counting on people to think he is acting just like he was in HoT, and I don't remember Zeit as having his back against the wall in the Children QT, like he is claiming.

But I do not recommend that we finish this phase until later. Since we can't deadline vote, I'll wait to vote until later on tonight. See if we can't shake some nuts out of this tree.

5. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Whut? And how exactly does her missing something or not following the same train of thought make her more likely to be scum?

6. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I know her irl. She doesn't think that way. That's reason enough.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do yourself a favour and check out Irene's QTs from her previous games. This is exactly how she thinks.

8. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

*sigh*

ok. Correction: Irene doesn't tend to miss out details.

9. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Sacrifice, please read closer.

^From my understanding of Zeit, he likes responsibility. I mean, honestly, I remember him complaining about Queen being useless in HoT and talking about how he wished he had a better role.

Seems like you're the one missing out on details, Sacrifice.

EDIT: Oh, and you don't know me in RL. I only know you online through Pyracrys, so please don't pull that card.

10. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    While I do agree that Zeits explosion was fishy I also understand that its really freaking early in the morning where he is so I think we should all sit back and see what he has to say once hes gotten a bit of sleep. Maybe he is legitimately worth keeping a close eye on but at the same time I'm certainly not going to sit here and pretend like I've never posted really dumb shit because I was too tired to think clearly.

11. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Indeed, I checked the thread and... I'm not quite sure what to think, the first few pages was trolling followed by Zeit's rant... I'm at a loss on how to proceed. I guess I'll have to wait and see if Zeit or Eternity seem more suspicious.

12. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Okay, I wake up after my horrid day and I see this? Fuck you all.

Irene, I like "active" roles?! I fucking hated being scum in SW2; I told you how I hated the responsibility. I don't want to malign my scum buddies, but I hated that I had to organise that stupid spreadsheet and work my butt off on it, while nobody else gave as much of a damn (no offense, Klack, Ashaya, Custer and Taure). I also hated being vigilante. Didn't you notice that I didn't post much, until KaiDASH prompted me to do so? When Lutris also doubted me (even after my effing revival), I nearly pulled my hair out.

I hated the Queen role because it was both useless and full of responsibility. I enabled the Kingslayer, which was a useful role. What that meant is that I had do my duty to use my info while making sure that I helped that stupid, incestuous knight. When I died, I also had an obligation to ensure that my (correct) reads on the Hand, the scum, and the Maiden got into the right hands of the Children. It did not help that Sesc and Necrule initially made little posts insinuating that I might have gotten them killed, or that my behaviour was derptastic.

Lungs and I were counting on Krogan. I swear to God, we were counting on him to Protect me. Oh, guess what? Yes, Krogan had irl problems, but that amount of scorn pissed me off. KaiDASH's little insinuations that I was an idiot in the thread, then fakeclaiming my stupid Queen role. On top of that, some idiots actually believed him!

Do you know how fucking frustrating that is? Do you?

Irene, I thought you'd understand, considering how I ran to you whenever I felt down about mafia. Evidently, this is just a "scum" read to you. All of you, voting for me even though there are far more obvious targets even now. What about Eternity? He seems a bit too ardent for a bandwagon, isn't he? Or Krogan, who keeps on lurking? Or Kai, who is insistent on pushing my buttons.

Fuck you all. All of you.

13. KaiDASH

See, to me, your buttons are labeled with 'press this for hours of free enjoyment'

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

:facepalm......

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    This. Pushing buttons is a great way of getting someone to let slip information you want. :p

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unless I missed something, thumbing posts in mafia is banned, though I guess this isn't a merill game, as lungs is in, Ves, ruling?

17. KaiDASH

you're so late to the party it isn't even funny

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    That was mostly just for games where the dead could play on as Angels or Children of the Forest, plus observers. If it's just between in-game players (non-dead) I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

19. KaiDASH

No, it was from DE2/SW1 when dead players were 'communicating' by t-uping posts.

I've always allowed thumbs in my games within reason (rules might say otherwise though :<)

20. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I think that thumbing post is not banned if it is done by living players.

@Zeitgeist : Don't be so fucking pressurized. It's just a fucking game. You are not Irene(no offense Irene :D) to be so tensed just over a game.

After reading the posts, I find Palindrome suspicious. Maybe it's just me being bitter after being killed in HOT1 after finding her suspicious.