1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Pasta Sentient, May 6, 2014.

1. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

Gordon had a daughter in the Nolanverse. You can see her at the end of TDK when Harvey has his family hostage.

2. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Is this you just guessing that it's a prequel or do we have confirmation? I'll be kinda upset if it is. As much as I love Nolan's trilogy I enjoy my Batman to be firmly comic book realistic. That is to say, not very.

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think it's obvious that it isn't related to the Nolan series.

Everything I've seen and heard about this show makes it sound worse than Agents of SHIELD.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh. Roughly similar entertainment value.

5. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm glad to see their playing Jim's relationship as solid. I'm really sick and tired of the will they won't they smuk they pass off for cheap drama.

6. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

So far I really like the characters. Fish Mooney is awesome, though the second episode made her seem just a tad theatrical after Falcone came to visit and she was talking with Butch. Penguin rules. Edward Nigma is creepy as fuck.

I really hate cockney Alfred though.

7. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I only watched a few episodes of Agents of Shield, but so far, Gotham is way better. Maybe it's just because I had higher hopes for the Joss Whedon show.

8. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Yeah, I tried the first two episodes of Agents of Shield when it first came out, and I haven't returned it ever since. Did it get any better?

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Shield = Hydra Cap2 tie-in really helped turn things around. Still not a really great show, but I no longer want to put my foot through the screen while watching.

10. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I think all of these shows require a bit of time to really get started. Agents of SHIELD was meh in the beginning, but started to pick up around the Winter Soldier tie in. Arrow also took a while to get some traction. Both are pretty decent now. Gotham's got a different style entirely, so it might not work out quite the same way, but I think it'll need at least half a season to find its footing.

11. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Just started watching this. Interesting take on the rather tired concept of batman. Got real 70's mob movie vibes from it.

Just not too sure on the entire deal with every single villain of note being somehow connected to Jim Gordon. Seems like a plot point that will sooner or later come back to bite them in the arse.

12. Swamp

Swamp First Year

I like how they are focusing on Bruce developing his detective skills. They got a good kid to play a young Bruce, looks like he just stepped out of the comics. Ivy Pepper was cringe inducing. Seriously, is it that hard to just call her Pamela Isley? What use is there in giving her another name, especially since I doubt they will revisit her character for a while?

I mean, are they going to pull some bullcrap 'takes her mother's maiden name' or 'goes into protective custody with a new name' crap just so they can fix their mistake? The writers of this show need help. Someone, please, hire a comic book geek. Hire ComicBookGirl19 or something!

13. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I reckon that this will put Robin Taylor, The Penguin, on the map. He's outstanding.

14. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

My thoughts on last episode:
    I think Barbara and Jim breaking up was for the better (though I'm sure they'll get back together at some point, most likely when Barbara inevitably finds out she's pregnant). Both of them were in the wrong about the secret keeping; Barbara was right to be concerned since Jim was accused of murder and being a dirty cop, but she was pretty hypocritical in the way she presented her concerns. Jim shouldn't really be keeping such a major secret from a soon-to-be spouse, but past precedent shows that if you want to keep a secret...don't tell Barbara.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I dunno, if you're dating a cop, you should know going in that discussing work is a nono.

And if you can't trust your partner isn't dirty, that says enough about the relationship right there.

Break up made sense.

16. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Can you blame Jim,
    since the last time he told Barbara about his work, she immediately blabbed to the papers? I sort of figured the storyline was going to play out as: Jim finally agrees to tell her about Cobblepot and the mob intrigue, swears her to secrecy. Barbara lets it slip to Montoya when Renee is being creepy/accusing Jim of being a dirty cop. It then goes through the grapevine until the Falcone Mob is openly gunning for Jim (Barbara then die? The Penguin gets his Fish? The Maroney's make their move? etc)

17. Gengar

High Score:
    No, I don't blame him. Especially since she could get herself killed.

18. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Im glad Penguin is finally having some trouble in his plans. Makes it more realistic.

Thinking Liza will realise she will have more power being the wife than the pawn in Fish's game. Although, seen some theories floating around about her being Dinah Lance, but I doubt it.

I like Alfred more and more to be honest, he seems to be finally getting invested in Bruce's new personality.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm kind of hoping Falcone shows everyone that he's still king.

20. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

He will. Guaranteed.