1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Pasta Sentient, May 6, 2014.

1. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I was going to say we have already seen Dinah but that is a different show.

2. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I really like the subplot with Fish and her little agent. Bruce is like 12 and he's already more bad-ass and engaging than Superman.

The handling of the plot point with the Venom was pretty damn lazy, but the rest of the episode was damn solid.

3. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

I'm surprised I'm loving the Bruce portions so much. That said, they easily bypassed the complaints of a "Batman show without Batman."

My only worry is that they'll speed up his growth too much. The current pace is fine...but I hope Bruce is kept realistic. If he ends up completely in control of Wayne Enterprises by the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised, but it depends on how they handle it.

Also, anyone catch the Zorro easter egg on the tv in the background for his scene?

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You know, it's really subtle, but I think they're hinting at Enigma being Riddler.

5. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

I wouldnt mind if he got control of Wayne Enterprises. Its the skillset that I dont want to be rushed.

Selena seems pretty interested in him, I guess they are using this for why she likes him in the future.

I want Jim to call Montoya out on why she's gunning for him, that would pretty much undermine any future attempts at it.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Or, you know, just point to the walking corpse.

7. Pasta Sentient

Really enjoyed this episode. Was the strongest of the season so far in my opinion. I wished they had gone the more supernatural route with the goat, but I understand their hesitancy.

Also one thought..if this series goes on long enough...David Mazouz (Bruce) is going to need to hit the gym. It's fine at the moment, but he has a scrawny body type. It works as he is playing a younger kid, but to be Batman he'll need to bulk up.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I don't think Batman will feature at all, ever. The way I see it, the show ends with Batman coming on the scene, which is great.

I didn't think a Batman show without Batman could be enjoyable. I love being proved wrong.

9. Pasta Sentient

I'm thinking it will be something like smallville. I don't see Batman ever coming on the scene during the seasons either, but David will still have to fill out to give the impression that this kid can be batman eventually. Not yet of course, but in the future.

Unless they go with him leaving Gotham in a few seasons and only have him return in the final episode.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I doubt that will happen unless there are going to be large multi-year skips between seasons. The kid is just too young and I don't see this show getting more than 2 or 3 seasons if the ratings continue to steadily drop.

11. Pasta Sentient

The Actor is 15 years old. So who knows?

Also, I'm guessing Gotham stays for at least 4 Seasons if not more. As long as the ratings even out it should be fine. It is the highest rated show Fox has had in a long time.

12. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

15? Try 13, Pasta.

Is that true, about Gotham being the highest rated show Fox has had in awhile? Because 5~ million is pretty meh for a big network show, I thought.

13. Pasta Sentient

Correct. Got his age mixed up with the girl playing cat woman.

And all the articles I've read mentioned it being the highest rated fictional show fox has had in awhile. So whether that says good things about Gotham or poor things about Fox is irrelevant to the fact that it is their best show and they won't cancel it unless they get something better.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Really depends on the rate of decline throughout the season, not the peak ratings. A show that bleeds a million total viewers an episode probably isn't going to make it to a second or third season unless the numbers stabilize relatively quickly.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Sigh

I would love just one show to feature a proper kickass female please.

At the moment, Barbara is the only thing I can't stand about the show.

16. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Suspended my disbelief with not a single no-name cop standing up for Jim Gordon - says a lot about the state of the place tho, so I suppose its realistic.

Montoya and Allen with Bruce... epic. Especially as they saw a young Bruce crying. ;)

Alfred sneaking up on a cop. "Hey mate."

Penguin, what a twist, thought it was going to be something like that.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  17. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Agreed, Hugplx. Could she just once, not fuck up all of his plans? I mean, I totally understand what she did, and why. It's more that she's done stupid shit before and it gets more annoying than charming.

More Selyna, perhaps, Hugplx?

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Ugh

I mean, the mob had just literally threatened to rape and kill her before Jim engaged beast mode and saved her, then she just waltzes back into the Lion's den, I mean wtf?!

I get the not abandoning Jim thing, but can she not be a moron about it ffs?!

19. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

I'm cheering for Penguin more than Gordon lol

20. Jpzh2d

Jpzh2d Disappeared

I'm cheering for whoever kills Barbara first. Jim was ready to go ape shit on the gangs and start a massive gun fight and then Barbara turns up and fucks with all of his plans.