1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Pasta Sentient, May 6, 2014.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not going to happen anytime soon. She's the mother of his children.

2. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Heavens I hope not. It's kinda weird to call your daughter the same name as your wife. Just my thought.

Honestly, I would have been ecstatic if the writers went balls to the wall with this episode.

James chooses to bring Falcone in anyways (either believing or not believing him) and Barbara dies. Massive war erupts in Gotham.

3. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Barbara was Gordon's niece that he adopted but he had a son named after him. Not sure why one is weird and the other isn't.

4. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Eh, while I agree that what Barbara did was stupid on several levels, I also think she made a pretty brave call coming back. Ultimately, she didn't really have any other choice. Jim going 'apeshit' would only result in him dead. She knows it, he knows it. He tells her he'll join her but later makes it pretty clear that's a lie, and he intends to go out in a blaze of glory. To her, any chance, no matter how small, to save his life would be worth her dying. That's how I saw the scene, and it actually made me somewhat respect her, once I got over the kneejerk 'dammit Barbara'.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry but she's firmly part of Batcanon. They're not going to change it.

Batgirl is typically 'Barb' not Barbara. Inherited family names aren't weird if you all have different nicknames. I'm like the 8th in a direct father-son line with the same name.

6. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Why the hell would eight generations of men want to be named KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!?

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm officially in love with cockney Alfred and Bruce scenes.

8. Jpzh2d

Jpzh2d Disappeared

I'm only 8 minutes in but did Harvey just pronounce the Plague as the plag because if he did he will die, and it will be painful.

9. Pasta Sentient

Gotham just keeps getting better and better. I wonder if they will do more with Thomas Elliot's character. Would love to see him now try to develop a friendship with Bruce. He's already creepy; I could see Bruce putting a beat down on him enough for him to idolize Bruce and go the whole Hush route.

10. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

That's probably what's going to happen, I mean this whole show is supposed to be a origin story for the villains right?

I wonder if whenever this show ends, they'll have the Bruce from the show go in to be Batman on new show.

11. Pasta Sentient

Looks like we will be getting some more good Bruce Wayne scenes in the next episode. Cat/Bat....

I ship it

Better check your kitchen alfred...

12. Nae

Nae The Violent

Saw the last few episodes tonight. Characters keep getting stronger and stronger. Despite my initial hesitation, I am loving the portrayal of Alfred. Penguin is also badass.

And tbh, I don't mind Barbara. She's hot. <_<

13. Pasta Sentient

Fuck Barbara/Renee. I don't see how in any way they can be redeemed. They shouldn't be. Thank Goodness they've got Leslie Thompson coming in to hook up with Gordon. She should be better liked.

Thoughts on the rest of the episode?

Bruce/Cat is easily the best adolescent interaction I've seen on screen in a while. The tension and potential romance is pure chemistry. Selina nailed it with her catlike tendencies and Bruce's character continues to grow. Alfred was also awesome.

The Arkham thing was interesting. Should be cool to see.

Edit: Preview for "LoveCraft"

Alfred kicks ass.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  14. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Yeah. Let's totally move out of our ARMORED van to fight a bunch of people with guns who outnumber us. At least show the car to be wrecked, or stuck, or something, to prompt it.

I mean, we all knew the scene was going there and obviously it had to, but that was really lazy writing.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TV shows have a really annoying habit of having their characters 'get over' infidelity.

I hate it. It's going to happen. Bruce/ Alfred still carrying the show.

Oh, and I fucking love Gotham's gothic architecture.

16. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Might just give this show a shot but I'm a little apprehensive since I'm a really comic DC fan of Batman...

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I just keep thinking how weird it is that Gordon is shacked up with someone named Barbara.

I mean, if he ended up marrying her, then his daughter is named after her mother: Nothing too weird.
    If he ends up marrying someone else, though, then his future daughter ends up named after his ex... :ph34r:

Some review I read tried to lump Gotham in with 'supernatural*' type shows -to its detriment, according to the reviewer- which I think is barking waaaay up the wrong tree.

*Lowercase 'S,' I should point out.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  18. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

After this episode I am honestly starting to think that if they had a different actress as Gordon's girlfirend every new scene Barbara appears in, the storyline would make more sense.

Who is Barbara? What is she thinking? What are her motivations? If someone asked me these questions I wouldn't be able to answer them because they seem to change every time she is onscreen.

19. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Waiting for when Bruce becomes more sure of himself, as at the minute hes a sort of quirky wimpy kid that we all know who will become this badass.

In the other versions of Batman does Selina ever know who Batman is?

Also Alfred is awesome.

20. gorgonfish

gorgonfish Second Year

In Earth 2 of the New 52 Bruce and Selina have a kid together.