1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Great 360 games?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Jul 4, 2010.

1. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I just picked up a 360 slim, and am looking for some game recommendations. Current games I own:

Mass Effect 1&2 (on PC, but don't want the 360 version)
    Dragon Age A&O (on PC)
    Fable 1&2
    Halo 3
    Red Dead Redemption
    Eragon (for the lulz, doing a play through and putting it+commentary online)
    Star wars, Force unleashed
    Gears of War 2
    Legendary (same reason as Eragon)
    Toy Soldiers

Anyway, any suggestions on other games? I love RPGs, action, hacknslash, etc etc.

2. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RPG+Console=Failure.

3. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

FFVII+PS1=WRONG!

I've been watching Let's Plays of Deadly Premonition, and I gotta say, it's influenced me to ask for a 360 for my birthday. The graphics, I'm told, aren't that great (though being so used to older consoles, I thinks it's a step up), but the game seems very original and in-depth. It's cheap too, starting at ~$20.

4. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Assassin's Creed II - (first was boring as shit) - fine story and good gameplay.

Borderlands - hack&slash but with guns - and it's awesome.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - first good Batman game ever made.

And Lost Odyssey if you like jRPG's.

Why?

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Dragon Age is going to be the best rpg you find for the 360. Borderlands is also very good, as is assassins creed 1&2, with two being amazingly awesome.

Bioshock is simply a great game with a great atmosphere. I have not played the second one yet (i think it's out by now?)

Also worth mentioning is Oblivion. It is am amazing rpg, miles ahead of the elder scrolls 3 for xbox. It is a must have since you are into rpgs, and it was my favorite until I picked up borderlands, and then that was my favorite until I picked up Dragon Age.

Also, there are a multitude of shooters that are very good. CoD, left 4 dead, etc...

As for pure hacknslash, Darksiders is the way to go. It is a mix of zelda and god of war in my opinion

6. Sferics

Sferics Second Year

Dead Rising is a lot of fun. Killing a mall full of zombies and dodging crazies is great.

Hitman: Blood Money is great too, it's one of the few games that plays with the 'hide in plain sight' style stealth game play.

Give Fable II a rent and see if you like it.

Gears of War 1 & 2 have some beautiful environments, but depending on how much online multiplayer you do it may only be worth a rental.

7. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

All my other games are already posted on here so im going to say Battlefield Bad Company. The first one's multiplayer was tons of fun and i thought the singleplayer was fun but too long. The second one was just garbage

8. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Bioshock 1 is a must. The sequel is okay.

Mirror's Edge is a lot of fun, although short.

Oblivion wasn't ported all that well to the console. If you don't install it, you'll experience some extremely long loading times when you've played for a while and the console version lacks a few sound effects when swinging weapons (seems insignificant, but it really isn't). I think there are a few other problems, but I can't remember them right now.

Borderlands is great, although best with friends.

Left for Dead 2 is really good.

Far Cry Instincts: Predator is amazing, even for an outdated shooter. It has a much different plot than the PC version and an expansion pack. Not to mention the Feral powers you can screw around with. Really worth it.

Saint's Row 1 (haven't tried the sequel yet) is pretty nice. It stands out, even if it is a GTA clone.

Overlord 1 & 2 are also pretty great, although I know some don't like them.

I agree with renting Fable II (or buying it used). Great game, but not much to do after you complete it.

And of course CoD: Modern Warfare 2, although the Black Ops might be worth waiting for instead.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  9. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I got Prototype for the PC. Find it cheap or rent it. Fun game, but I wouldn't pay more than $12 for it.

I'd go with Batman: Arkham Asylum as well.

10. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Thanks for the recommendations, I'mma check them out.

11. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Halo 3:ODST, if you already have Halo 3 I don't need to explain the awesome to you.

12. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

If you're a fan of Japanese RPGs, then Tales of Vesperia is worth checking out. The PS3 version comes with some added content...but it's also only available in japanese at the moment, though I hear it's getting an English release at some point.

Oh yah and Ace Combat 6 isn't bad either if you like flight combat sims, (More arcade then Sim but meh) I wouldn't pay full price for it, but if you can it used or rent it it's a solid 10+ hours of fun

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  13. imanut

imanut First Year

I second both Batman: Arkham Asylum and the first Bioshock. I didn't find the second Bioshock to be all that great, but the first one is easily one of the best games that I have played in a long time.

14. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Surprised no one mentioned Fallout 3. Buy the normal game and, if possible, borrow the GOTY edition from a friend for getting the expansions for free.

15. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

No.

Case 1.(Weak) Most games now have RPG elements and seem to do just fine.

Case 2.(Medium) RPG's started out on console and have been a staple ever since, selling just fine as well.

Case 3.(Strong) Zelda, all the FF's, Chrono Trigger and Cross, the Tales games, etc.

Your Opinion+Baseless Assertion=Failure.

(Does playing the internet tough guy make anyone else feel guilty, or is it just me?)

I second Assassin's Creed 2. You don't need to have played the first one to enjoy it. I never did.

16. Mr Strike

Mr Strike Epic Awesomeness DLP Supporter

Ha ha ha, oh wow.

As for excellent 360 games; Geometry Wars 2, Blur and Rez HD fuck yeah.