1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Grey Clouds by TaldMar - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by TaldMar, Apr 22, 2005.

1. TaldMar

TaldMar First Year

Title: Grey Clouds
    Author: Taldmar
    Rating: T
    Category: General/Humor
    Summery: Harry Potter is put on trail for using the Dark Arts. This is his defence.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2364364/1/

(A/N) This is the first chapter in a fic i am sorta working on. Not sure if anything will become of it because the idea kinda went stale after i finished this chapter and a different story wormed its way in. I have no beta's of any sort so feel free to say anything up to and including flames for my lame attempts at humor and to anyone that can guess what inspired the bath robe scene one free cookie. So anyway here it be.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Witty, intelligent, interesting, and humorous. I like it.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O ... i like that... very funny... i do hope there is going to be more from this... maybe an introduction to the DADA prof?

4. TaldMar

TaldMar First Year

The problem is i have no clue where to go I had this funny little scene in my head after reading harry goes to azakban but innocent trail 15 different ways and times what if Harry is guilty. So after Harry totally messes with the wizarding courts and public now what does he some how disappear before he gets to Azakaban does he just fade away in his chair not to be seen for a month(or some other amount of time). All that this was orginally was a one shot that had some back story and potental if i had any idea where to go.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

yeah.. ive got that problem sometimes too...

Im currently writting an Azkaban!Harry fic.. kinda... as soon as i can get the first chapter long enough and presentable ill post it... I find it difficult, though, to write dumbledore hermione and ron without turning them into complete jealous morons, manipulative bastards or snobbish knowitall bossy bitches <_< ... thats my problem.. i character bash and dont mean to do it...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah i've run into this too when writing mine. (I'm over 100K words atm, been working on the story for about a year in notebooks, busy rewriting parts of it atm)

All three are impossible to write in a way hundreds havent already done it, so I tend to just craft them to whatever mood I'm in at the time.

Dumbles, no matter what, is manipulative.

Ron is jealous deep down over everything, but he hides it IMHO. I'm portraying him in my story as someone who sticks by Harry, but only b/c he's a Dumbles plant.

Hermione.. ug always snobbish and know it all, it's just who she is sadly (one of the reasons she must be stabbed with infinite spoons!!!)

-Midknight , who can't get logged in and STAY logged in for some reason

7. serena

serena Guest

I love this ficlet. You must continue it, it's too short for a one-shot.

As for what to do next, I want Harry to go to Azkaban (maybe some leniency since he was fighting death eaters and WAITED for the aurors so they could seize him). I'd like to know more about the rituals, and maybe could he speak of part of the prophecy, showing by the way that Dumbledore didn't even deemed it fit to train him, forcing him to take matters into his own hands.

Please update as soon as possible

PS : for the title, what about : Guilty ?

8. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

LOL i like it, hope theres more to come

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

haha thats great...i love their reaction as well

10. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Hmm....well, either this is a oneshot or it's been abandoned for four years.

Regardless, there's not enough substance here for the library. Harry is arrested and put on trial for using the dark arts, at which point we learn that he's been banging his OC defense professor and a bunch of muggle girls. There's some mildly humorous outrage expressed, and that's where things end. No backstory, no context, no hint of what's to come.

2/5 - sorry, TaldMar, but there's just not enough meat on its bones

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  11. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

It doesn't really work as a oneshot, which is why it isn't library worthy. It also happens it's not very well written, and contains a fair number of mistakes:
    2/5

12. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Oh damn I love reading super old reviews.

I have lurked a lot but not when guests were available.

Oh story... ehhhh meh.

13. naidrodro

naidrodro Fourth Year

Is there a reason why you substitute the word trial for trail?

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is there a reason you are reviving a 1~ month old topic while trying and failing to be humorous?