1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Grindlewald's era/centric stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by True Story, Jan 4, 2006.

1. True Story

True Story Third Year

Does anyoen know of any stories that are Grindlewald centric or are set in the time of Grindlewald?

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I've seen one where Harry is thrown back in time and is turned into a baby. He has no memory of who he is and is adopted by Minerva McGonagall's mother and father because he appears on there doorstep. So, he pretty much becomes her brother.

I cant remember how many chapters there were when I last saw it... like 10. They were just getting to Hogwarts. Her family is not very rich and they live in Scotland in some small village. Only reason they could go to Hogwarts was because Dumbledore arranged something.

I'll try get you the link if you want it. Its in Grinnie's era.

3. True Story

True Story Third Year

As long as it's well written....YES PLEASE!!! :D

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I've been dancing around a young Riddle / Dumbledore's rising to power / Grindewald's revolution bunny I've had. I even mapped a few first chapters, but for some reason I never have motivation to start it...

5. True Story

True Story Third Year

GO!!....start now....away with you man!

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

At the moment, I'm closer to writing Harry Potter AU in a world where Voldemort quickly regained his body and won while Harry was living with the Dursleys...

7. True Story

True Story Third Year

It does what it's told......It writes the Grindlewald fic or it gets the hose again!!!

I read a great fic a while back where Voldermort went from country to country learning magic and he had a girl with him whom he didn't really love and was just along as company or something of the sort. And he originally went to Denmark then Italy then Albania then Greece then China then india and just as he was about to move agian the story cut off.....pretty lame and the author up and deleted it i think....I was so pissed of.

It was well written and had an interesting take on magic. Voldermort's personality and chracterization were also top notch I think. I would love to read another fic detailing his rise to power. I might even write one before I right the Crouch fic come to think about it...

P.S. What would the plot of the story be?[the AU mentioned in the quote]

EDIT: I've decided to write a story detailing Voldermort's rise to power before I write the Crouch story....the purpose of the Voldermort story will be to develop my writing....It will be an AU ofcourse...it will be a sort of prequel to my Crouch story...

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ip, that sounds good. He'd be killed though if he was reintroduced to the wizarding world at 11... Voldemort would kill him straight away and wouldnt fuck around with trying to mold him. Maybe he could come back when he's older. Dunno how it'll work though.

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

You could always have Voldemort run into harry when he is that half dead/alive gas thing when it takes control of a snake...harry could even help voldemort get his body back.... :twisted:

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Someone say they're writing this!

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

The Amulet of Time series has a book in Grindelwald's time. Harry and his entourage directly participate in the downfall of Grindelwald.

12. True Story

True Story Third Year

I read this....up untill Harry sided AND HUNG OUT with Snape over his father...whom he has been dying to meet since.....forever....

13. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Even still i believe that as soon as Riddle gets a body back he'll kill Harry, unless you can somehow eliminate the whole dictated destiny for them both.

Have him Take over the UK and maybe parts of Europe and Harry ends up in some far of Magical community due to kidnapping/runaway? a bit clinched i know but otherwise it's enivitable that if Harry stays in England while Riddle rules he is already a walking corpse.

14. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

true but he will have a life debt to harry..so that could negate the destiny thing

15. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

But would it really be a life debt? It's not like he is saving Riddle from inevitable Death via his intervention. But it's true his entire Destiny would more then likely be re-writtin if he is to9 bring him back.

16. True Story

True Story Third Year

Finished the plot and chapter by chapter outline.....needs a bit of touching up but I should be able to post the first chapter in the next two days...

EDIT: I've decided to wait untill Patronus Charm is up to post my fic....untill then I'm just going to write and complete it.

17. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No, have Harry attend Hogwarts where all the Death Eaters are teachers and Voldemort the headmaster / tzar. Why would Riddle kill 11 year old with so much potential? I'll move the whole conflict away from civil war/dark+light and have nazi-like England fight against International Confederation of Wizards (UN), with Dumbledore leading the guerilla and being considered for a traitor.

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Why kill a baby with so much potential? He could have taken him as a baby but didnt, why take him now?

If I was Voldemort, I'd be pissed because that 11 year old kid was the cause of his first downfall, no matter if he didnt mean to or not. And frankly, I wouldnt want the only person that could defeat me around no matter what. With Harry gone, then its only Nev. Of course, then another couple might have a baby at the end of July that have escaped the Dark Lord three times, lol.

Meh.

19. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Actually, that's not such a bad idea. Just before escaping, Dumbledore plants info on another baby in Hogwarts registry for Voldemort to find...

On the other hand, Voldemort's part of the prophecy don't say anything about Harry HAVING to kill Voldemort, only about having enough power/ability to do so. Voldemort will be fighting against some tough opponents and he'll need all the competent wizards he could get.

As for trying to kill Harry when he was baby, he wasn't the ruler supreme back then. He was still fighting for power, not strugling to keep it.

Meh, I just wanna make something other than another evil cackling mad Voldemort eating babies for breakfast...
    [/quote]