1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gta 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by eXcalite, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

The talk radio station wins again I'm afraid. Rockstar are just that good at making these things. The Judge show in particular had me laughing out loud when I first heard it (and inevitably crashing and failing the mission I was on because of it).

"You know who's made the most money throughout history? The Man. Who have been the great leaders? Men. Who fought the best wars? Men. Who makes the best murderers? Men. Who invented the plague? Men. We got it all bitch! We run this show!"

"Equal partners? You want to give a man a woman's last name? I'm surprised you haven't started growing tits."

In general though, I like it a lot so far, but I am somewhat disappointed that they seem to have completely replaced the Liberty City we all knew and loved from GTA3, effectively labelling the old version as non-existant now. I was expecting them to do up the old maps and add a few more islands (city sized obviously) to largen things. I am very annoyed that they've just overwritten classic Liberty as if it didn't exist. Why didn't they choose to name it something else rather than stamp all over previous games?

I was somewhat displeased with car handling initially too - they have made it more realistic again - but I am growing to like it as I get more used to it. The game is also the first GTA game I've felt comfortable with anything other than the classic PS2 controls too. I tried classic mode and found it unusable, so I'm currently using the new 360 control scheme.

I like Niko, a lot, and the story so far has been brilliant. My one comment would be that sometimes it's perhaps a bit too realistic. I really had trouble understanding the Jamaican guy that you work for at points, and was relying on the mission objectives to tell me what to do. I'd prefer less realism, and more easily understandable people. That said, all other characters have been very easy to make out, so its not a consistant problem.

Overall, I am impressed. Another hit from Rockstar. Hopefully I'll keep enjoying it as I advance.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

They are very good at those. But my favorite has to be the one with Morris. He was a classic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they always do this? The first game was set in the three cities Liberty city, Vice city and San Andreas.

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Surprisingly enough, you're correct.

I've never been a huge fan of the series, and I don't think it's worth the hype, but the game's decent enough. The pedestrians are more entertaining than the shitty talk shows though. I was walking down the street and some dude committed suicide by jumping off of a building. Buying hot-dogs and then stabbing the vendors is fun as well. The Rock station is the best one, with some great music from Queen, ELO, Joe Walsh etc. Still got nothing on the music from Vice City though. :(

4. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

In GTA1 do you mean? I would not know, as I have not played either 1 or 2. I did try 2, but wasn't really a fan of the format - 3 was much better for my style.

Still a shame, even if it is so. It is not like they are short of cities to use...

And yes, Chavez was a classic. The one thing I always remember from all GTA games is him shrieking "You shot him! There's blood and pubic hair all over the studio!" over the radio. Classic.