1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2 DLP Guild

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Fenraellis, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

How was your ping Loki?

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Different server doesn't prevent you from being in the guild(as I was able to invite somebody that was currently playing on an EU server even, a couple of Stress Tests ago), and you can always Guest onto Borlis Pass for PvE and sPvP.

3. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm Gabrinth.1095

4. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, yup, just not WvWvW if I remember correctly.

Good stuff, and you can be in multiple guilds, too, which means I won't have to choose between family guild and DLP.

5. Paimon

Paimon That fucking cat

Just a reminder, if you guys are planning on joining the guild make sure to PM me your ID and time zone so I can add them to our spreadsheet. This should make organizing the guild and sending out invites a less painful process.

Also, if you have any idea about what race/profession/crafting prof you're rolling PM me those too.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, I participated in two four-five hour stress-tests, the first one was on the German server and the second one was on Borlis Pass and while the lag was slightly more on Borlis Pass during one event, didn't really matter during questing and the like. Then again, I am not sure if the increased lag was due to the server being in the US or just normal stress-test related stuff or my particular laptop.

Not much conclusive info, I admit but I figure we EU people who tested the US server should mention our results here.

So, people, roughly a day remains before the game starts. Are we trying Borlis Pass or do we directly start on Underworld?

7. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Decision time. Regular or digital deluxe to help the guild?

8. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Digital Deluxe ;p

9. CrystalArrow

CrystalArrow Squib

Well I've been lurking for almost a year now so I guess I have to post sometime.
    Sign me up.
    CrystalArrow.2436

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, now that launch is in roughly fourteen and a half hours away, I figured that I probably should have brought this up sooner, but the fact that it was free in the Beta/Tests made it slip my mind.

Creating the Guild and inviting members may or may not have a cost involved. In the original game it was 1 Platinum and 100 Gold, respectively. In this game, a comparative cost would likely be 1 Gold and 1 Silver, respectively. While such an amount will largely be irrelevant in the long run, for an individual player(myself), it may take a bit of initial launch time to accrue such funds... Probably several hours of straight play, depending on what is accomplished, considering the initial lower level zones.

As such, aside from obviously adding everybodies' names from the document onto my contact list, if there is a cost, I would quite appreciate an early donation of roughly 1/25 to 1/30 of said cost(divided by the number of members). If you want to donate more, then that would be lovely. Costs can be recouped from the guild coffers later if necessary, but I doubt it would be more than a drop in the bucket beyond the first few days of play.

-----
    @Prometheius
    The Tome of Influence, in the last Stress Tests, provided 1k Influence to the guild it was used for. As a comparison, the guild gains 10 influence for a new member joining, five per person playing that wins an sPvP match, 2 per person per world event completed(with some form of increased scaling depending on the number of people performing the same event)... and some vague concept of a population check which might check people online(or recently online within a period of time) once every 12 or 24 hours.

No specifics were given about the last point aside from something to do with a population check.

Either way, if you consider it worth it, as well as the other bonuses therein, then go right ahead. I know that I have the Deluxe Edition. There are certainly worse ways to spend $20.:p

-----
    Now to go to my last class for the day, go home, and some time around 5 or 6 take a 5-6 hour nap and wake up a couple of hours before launch.

11. Telrath

Telrath Second Year

Yeah, I'm thinking about going to bed extra early and getting up a few minutes prior to launch. It'll be good stuff.

Also, Fen, I can journey with you to rub together enough money for the guild, so long as I don't sleep through my alarm clock.

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

PM me for some money. I don't have use for it while I level generally.

And don't forget people that they may open up servers as early as 9 pm PST.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I don't remember reading about that... Good to know, though.

Other than that, I appreciate the support. I imagine that the 1/25 to 1/30 of cost(if applicable) will easily be obtained within an hour. With progression of reward, one could likely manage the full cost within three to four hours of straight play(if they went fast and hard).

But... I would rather have the guild running within an hour or two after release, then four or more hours after. Makes things easier overall.

Also, at least until the guild gets off the ground, don't forget that we have the #GW2 channel on IRC to communicate in!

14. Evan Tide

Bought the digital deluxe. Can't remember my GW 1 password though and I lost e-mail access tot hat account. Trying to recover it.

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I remember when I first logged back into GW1 after not having played for a while and they had added the requirement of using an existing character's name as part of the login process.(which you could save so you didn't have to re-type, of course)

Couldn't remember my password and I had to send them the name of a character. Threw out a few names that I was reasonably sure were correct and might exist, based upon my naming themes, and thankfully one of them hit the mark.

That said, there are only really two reasons to link accounts. First, the Hall of Monuments, if you had access to it, and second, the reservation of the names of currently-existing characters on your account. The names get reserved for the duration of the head-start period, I believe... but you had to have logged in at least once this year before the 31st of July.

So, unless you had access to the Hall of Monuments and want the potential cosmetic gear rewards(infinite transmutations without using a transmutation stone), Ranger pet palette swaps, miniatures and titles, there really isn't any specific reason to worry about it.

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Here you go.

17. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

I'm Dullahan#7910
    Don't know when I'll be online first, busy weekend, but I'll look forward to it none the less.

18. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I will 100% join the guild and help in whatever way is needed, but for class? Hell if I know currently.

Tomoe Skinner.9237

19. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Gonna try Norn warrior to kick this off.

20. Evan Tide

Prometheus.7412 reporting for duty.

Not sure what class or race to play yet.