1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Guilty Pleasure Games

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aensland, Dec 10, 2006.

1. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Runescape....for the fail:rrou:

madeyemoody

2. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I played that for a week, then decided i would never touch it again.

3. Thorn

Thorn Professor

I admit to being a Pokemon fan on bored days. Hell I'm even looking forward to the new two coming out pearl and whatever gem their on now.

I don't know if these count but FFXI and I'm a hard core Smash Bro's Melee-er too.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I own several Pokemon games from my younger years and on occasion, I'll bust one out, play it for a few days until I pass it again, then forget about them for another year until I decide to play another one for whatever reason. They are addicting when you get into it.

Other than that, I play Pong sometimes, when I'm bored. And various Megaman games. But Megaman is cool, so I guess that doesn't count, hmm? :D

5. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Diablo 2 would have to be my guilty pleasure. I play once a year or so, but when I am playing I just keep on going for a couple days. It's an insanely addicting game.

6. Dango-Fetish

Dango-Fetish Fourth Year

Sitting solemnly in the centre of a black hole.
    *spit in disgust*, that game should be made a crime against humanity. The worst possible way to squander the (so-called) precious gift of life. When I'm nearing my death, I'm going to go knocking on the door of whoever made runescape and ask for that week and a half they stole from me, back.

7. Dain Bread

Dain Bread Second Year

Harvest Moon, Zelda, Megaman and Super Smash Brothers (both) are my drugs. Anything old school Nintendo though.

8. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

Zelda is such an awesome game. It shouldn't be a guilty pleasure, be proud!! Zelda is still one of my favorite games of all time. No shame there!

9. PlymothRoadrunner1970

PlymothRoadrunner1970 First Year

I still play pokemon blue from way way back just so i can use that cheat that gives you unlimited rare candies :D

10. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    When you go to the island, and swim by the side until you fight the weird computer monster thing, right? It makes whatever the number 5 item in your inventory unlimited.

11. Tenebrae

Tenebrae Second Year

Cartoon Network Racing and Magical Starsign, both for DS.

12. Mech Angel.V.2.

Mech Angel.V.2. Second Year

I own a ton of pokemon games. I admit to playing the disgraces that were DBZ Budokai(1 and 2 were pathetic) and DBZ sagas about 8 times through. Each.

By the way, whoever talked about We Love Katamari, did you know their were two other Katamari games( Me and my Katamari or something, and the original, Katamari Damacy,) for PS2?

13. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

You are my soulmate.

Anyways, new game to add to my short list, that pokemon card game thing for the gameboy. It really kind of sucks, especially since you play CARDS against people to be the ultimate #1 rank in the Nerd-o league, but I just can't put it down for some reason.

14. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I tried to play that pokemon card game when I was a big fan (many years ago), but couldn't get into it.

15. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Magic the Gathering, the card game for hardcore geeks.

16. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I must have been one of the worst Runescape fanatics ever. I played up to level 60 and couldn't get member's bonuses anymore, so I quit. (it took me about four months of continuous play to get to that level BTW)

The DBZ Budokai series. I still load up the third sometimes when I feel like kicking the ever-living shit out of something :D Who doesn't like red monkey-shaped aliens anyways?

17. Legion

Legion First Year

more or less every snes RPG thats english or has a translation patch, currently: Tales Of phantasia. (Arche is jailbaiteriffic)

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My brother borrowed Budokai 2 of his friend a while back. Let's just say I prefer Tekken...

Anyways, new guilty pleasure now - Worms World Party :p. Despite there being absolutely no one online and the level 5 AI being piss easy, I'm still addicted.

Generally I have a very short attention span so any guilty pleasures are normally only pleasurable for a few weeks before I get bored. Only game that's consistently held my interest was Planetside... But that's off topic.

Aekiel

19. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Kaniel means the one for the game boy. The game where you play with virtual cards.

Another one of mine is Pokemon as well. I found my Yellow version cartridge. Thats all I really have to say about it.