1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Halo 3 out now

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by SomeDude, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Halo looks like most of the multiplayer section of the game. Built in Map editor, new game modes, different maps, and the most retarded of its features, Screenshot/video sharing....

I beat it in four hours on easy. Gonna play Legendary for the Alt Ending, but in the end, single player campaign mode is a rip off. But adding the ability to play Four Player campaign was nice. Not much of a make up for the lameness of story, but its nice.

But yea... Hellgate looks Win. I've been watching that for a long time now. I think Mid was the one who pointed that out to me... ages ago.

Mass Effect looks like epic win, too.

And one of the other one's I've been watching, Clive Baker's Jericho, looks awesome too. Pity its PS3/X360 and no PC announced.

Clive Baker's Jericho Demo Trailer

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

To complete the thread hijack,

God of War. Win. Hurts my hands like a mofo with the extreme button mashing, but if they toned that down abit, I'd love it.

3. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Yeah, my friend beat it on Heroic in 4 hours on the first day. But no one buys Halo for the Single Player.

There were 600 000 people on line the second day.

4. Antivash

Yeah.. I felt the same after Heavenly Sword, which is Very similar. You ever get the change, Check it out. It's short, but the story is epic. 6 hours at most for someone who hasn't played God of War and needs to adjust, taking in that you learn to counter properly and can deflect Bohan's projectiles easily.

Worth it though. Hell Mode is a BItch and a half though.

5. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

I know that while the Halo series may seem overrated, I enjoy the substory that can be found on the Terminals found throughout the Ark. The fact that the Flood destroyed a civilization as advanced if not moreso than The Culture, and killed hundreds of trillions in such a way that really did leave no choice other than galactic genocide actually portrayed the danger far better than the game itself did.
    A single world of 228 billion wiped out in 36 hours.

The fact that at the end of it all it's essentially revealed that the Master Chief is the guy from the Marathon series though is very lulz worthy.

6. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

The Halo 3 multiplayer interface is actually extremely easy to use... You join matchmaking decide if you want local, system link or live then you choose if you want ranked matches or social and your done...

If anyone is interested add Alphex 556 to your friends list im already up to lieutenant rank 2 :)

7. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I am up to a captain and I am a 44 in slayer.

Sniper Reborn.

Yeah.

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Has anyone figured out the supposed connection between Halo 3 and the Marathon trilogy, the games Bungy produced prior to Halo?

9. Antivash

ahhh... so YOU are the one I accidentally cut out on. -__- You invited me and i was going to reply about being playing with a friend with a friend at the time, and cat wiggled cable, killing connection.

Anyway, About the Marathon connection: Nein. Never played it.

10. uriel

uriel Seventh Year DLP Supporter

They've said in numerous interviews that there is NO link between Halo and Marathon (besides the same naming conventions etc), and that the Halo and Marathon Universes are separate.

But then if you wanted to believe it, the ending after the credits of Halo 3 could be the beginning of Marathon some 200 years in the future.

Edit: Oh and as for the game itself.. awesome game! ending pissed me off to no end though

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  11. Steelgoat272

Steelgoat272 Squib

It is by far my favorite game of all time only thing wrong is I constantly LAG when im on live ERRRRRRRRRR.

12. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Be careful about bumping up old threads unless you have something good to add.

Halo 3 has taken a backseat to Hellgate:London for the time being for me.

I am also a level 48 in team slayer, come get some!