1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Halo: SECOND TRILOGY

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by TheWiseTomato, Jun 7, 2011.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  2. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

I smell yet more serious whoring out of this series. Fingers crossed, but I'm not to hopeful.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

[​IMG]

Oh look. Another one.

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really couldn't care how many there are so long as they keep up the quality of the main Halo series. I was such a little Halo fanboy when I was younger and played xbox with most of my time, and it's all coming back now.

5. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Part of me wants to say it will suck.

Part of me wants to say I wont buy it.

Part of me wants to say that they really wont do anything to revamp the game or story enough to be interesting.

Another part of me says that no matter what happens, just like an abused spouse I will end up back with this game when it comes out.

6. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

they're better be plasma sword + rocket launcher glitch in the release, because that shit was fun

-edit-

Just watched the trailer...was that a Dyson Sphere? awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXDEscgiTa8&feature=related

God, I love the intro music, and the action music. One of the first songs I learned on my guitar.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  7. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I thought it was a Dyson Sphere aswell. If we get to see the original Spartan team, I may squeal just a tad. They're also remaking Halo 1, should be bitching <3

8. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Eh, not really that surprised. It's a cash cow. That being said as long as I continue to enjoy online play I don't really care.

9. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I wish we had a thumbs DOWN.

10. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Well if they hadn't ended the MC/Cortana pseudoromance on a goddamn cliffhander I'd be dead set against this. But they did, so I'm not - as long as the arseholes don't make it a 360 exclusive like they did with 3.

11. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I wish we had a facepalm. OH WAIT! We do. :facepalm

12. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They're also re-releasing the original Halo with all of its graphics updated.

13. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

It still has the best levels out there. With a few exceptions in Halo2 there was no better single player experience. All the focus on multi player ruined the original game concept imho. It had a similar feeling to original Unreal where you explored a world with a huge mystery with fights in between and that feeling got lost on the way.

They really need something new here for the next campaign which goes beyond the Convenant.

14. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I am so excited for this. But I'm a little worried they won't have that epic bungie feel unless they recruited bungie employees for 343 studios.

I kind of wished I didn't know bungie wasn't making it anymore cause I know I will be comparing there halo games to 343's Halo Games.

Still the universe is too good to pass up.

Is bungie still running and managing the servers for Halo or is that microsoft and 343?

15. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

343/MS. Bungie doesn't own the rights to Halo anymore. Haven't for ages. Since they split with Microsoft, they've only did Reach and ODST.

16. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Goddamnit a few months ago I would have been excited about this, now I'm wary. Reach was not the success Halo 3 was. Thanks to shitty CoD games saturating the market they have a fuckton of competition and it shows. Halo 3 averaged a million players a day for three years, Reach is struggling by on 600,00 after a year.

What does this mean? Gone are the days of three-year development cycles. I'm betting on a new Halo game every year. And I'm torn about it. On the one hand I wouldn't mind having brand new campaigns every year, on the other I hate Activision's 'annualize everything' business strategy and the shitty unimaginative sequels we get instead of new games. And the teaser does not encourage me.

But I'll wait and see. I hope they roll back the difficulty though. Story-wise it made sense for Reach to e a co-op game and have all the difficulty of one (except when it comes to the jackals going super saiyan, that made no sense), but now that we're back to the Lone Ranger I hope they can make a more single player oriented game like ODST. And please please please no Flood.

Also Marty O'Donnell needs to do the soundtrack, that is all.

17. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Saying there will be a Halo game with no flood is like saying you'll have Indian food without any diarrhea...

Its hopeful but will never happen.

I'm wondering if this is the dyson sphere from the novels where they left a bunch of Spartans. That would justify a Coop Mode.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  18. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Fucking hell, I'd hoped this shitty fucking series would have faded away by now.

Yes, that's right-- This is a shitty series. There has never been a good Halo game. Halo is a dogshit FPS. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Halo ruined FPSes-- There have been staggeringly few good ones since UT2k4.

19. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I enjoyed Halo, back in the day. Of course, back in the day, I was 13. Don't know how much of the subsequent enjoyment is down to Cortana's glowing blue bum nostalgia.

20. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I enjoy Halo for what it is - might not be the most sophisticated games in the world, but they are damn good fun. If the next games can keep that up, then I'm all for it.