1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Fleur Community

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Thanks for the kid words, man. I'll probably start posting a bit earlier than expected--I have an insane beta reader who stayed up all night to read through the last draft I gave him....

I'm shooting for this coming weekend to start posting. I want to let it sit for a few days before making a final pass through it--still a few too many errors for my taste.

2. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

OMGOMGOMG!!!

Perspicacity will finally release his masterpiece!!

Come on man, I'm dying here...maybe...just one little...snippet?

3. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

:banana: <-- I couldn't find an dancing animation so the banana's going to have to do!

You can at least post a couple of chapters in the "Work by Author's" section right :) lots of stories have errors there and people will point them out! that way we can get our H/F fix and you can get a cleaner piece to post on FFN or whatever Fanfiction site you going to use!

*Hint**Hint*

:D

4. Perspicacity

High Score:
    I'll probably post chapters as WBA here a couple of days before posting to ff.net and patronuscharm.net as a final check to help catch mistakes. Probably will be a couple days though--real life is intruding at the moment.

5. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

screw real life, live the fantasy :) jks

Cant wait to read your story, all this talk about 'i have "THIS MANY" words' is killing me, I just wanna read it

6. Perspicacity

High Score:
    First couple chapters are posted as under WBA. Check out the Dagger and Rose thread.

7. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

As much pride as he takes in life, you can't tell perspicacity to ignore it for fantasy. Just be really happy with what he's decided to give us...it's well worth it. Besides, the man has worked his ass off on fantasy the last few weeks because some jackass (looks around) wouldn't leave him alone about his writing.

Anyway Brian. Good Work, man. That's all I can say about Dagger and Rose.

8. Freelancer

Freelancer Fourth Year

Great work by both perspicacity and Methane. I'm new to DLP and got here by searching in google for Harry/Fleur fic. <= The best decision I ever made.

FF.net is full of slash fics and really bad stories so I would like to say THANK YOU DLP for a real quality work.

9. ParseltonguePhoenix

Hmm. So it's died in this thread lately...I hope that isn't a sign that the enthusiasm for Harry/Fleur pairings is dying, too. Anyone who's missed the news should check out Dagger and Rose, perspicacity's addition to the world of Harry/Fleur fanfiction.

Is anyone else figuring to attempt a fic based around the pairing? I mentioned the idea a few pages of this thread ago, of bringing Voldemort back earlier than JKR did, since Pettigrew escaped at the end of PoA. I'm having a hard time going further with the idea by myself, so anyone who likes the idea and wants to brainstorm it a little can pm me--I'd be grateful for the help.

Methene has one in progress, I'm sure most of us have noticed...how's that going?

So yeah, I'm entirely too bored and hoping to see evidence of more Harry/Fleur soon.

10. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

The Harry/Fleur threads have been a bit dead lately. Honestly, I don't think I've found any new ones worth reading for the past weeks that aren't already covered in the WBA and Library sections. I'll edit in the link to an all H/FD site when I figure out which computer I have the bookmark on. Most of it is sub-par work with a few gems.

11. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

"Five Women Who Hate Fleur Delacour"

http://community.livejournal.com/femgenficathon/53437.html#cutid1

Don't believe I've seen this one here. It isn't the best work, but it wasn't a waste of time. For me at least.

No Harry involved, unfortunately, so I was hesitant to post it. It's just a tale of five women who hate Fleur and some odd Fleur/Luna conversations. A quick (7000 words, or about that) fic.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  12. Jenkins

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this girl but she groups together a bunch of good stories and compiles them into some decent lists.

Lira Snape

There's a Harry/Ginny, Harry/Luna, Harry/Unusual Female Character lists. In the list paired with an unusual femal I'm quite sure theres a Harry/Fleur category as wel as Harry/Padma and several others. From what I remember they're usually pretty fluffy but not bad.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seven million words? Damn, I don't think I have time to read that much.

14. ParseltonguePhoenix

Rehio, I'm pretty sure scaryisntit meant 7 thousand, and added the K out of habit. But yeah. A 7 million word story would be a fucking project to read.

15. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know, I guess I forgot my sarcasm tags.

Back on topic: Yay, Harry/Fluer! Get those stories written so I won't be bored anymore!

16. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Ya, I did mean 7000 words. My bad.

Fleur news on my front? No Fleur in my story for a few more chapters. Can't start having her jump to Hogwarts for no reason.

17. ParseltonguePhoenix

For no reason, you say? Perhaps not. But as you're the author, I'm guessing you could come up with a reason or two, lol. Yeah, get some more written, dude...I've been bored without updates.

18. Perspicacity

High Score:
    Hey man, thanks for the plug--check's in the mail.

Since you've already beta read the piece, be sure not to tell 'em about the HP/DM/SS slash ending, okay?

Oh, and the thing about Percy, a vat of crème fraîche, and the flobberworms--definitely avoid mention of it.

[Edit: Gah! Did this go to the forum?]

Back on topic, Chap. 3 should go up in WBA in the next couple days, Chap. 4 by the weekend. (I'm just glad to be at a stage where I can start reading others' additions to H/F literature...).

19. Jenkins

Perspicacity is sick and twisted. You shouldn't hold out on us this long...you have almost the whole story done right?

Anyway, I'll probably be re-writing at least the second chapter for Sanity is Fleeting because no one liked that and I'd like to try again. Depending on how I go with my other fic and homework, it should be up by Sunday.

20. blackhand16

blackhand16 Guest

after reading the first two chapters of Dagger, and Rose i will say with complete confidence, that the waiting was worth it. Perspicacity has done an extraordinary job with his story. Spread the word.

Black