1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Fleur Community

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

So Methene, when can we expect to see more of 100,000 or OBaM?

On the subject of Rupert I think it's funny that he thinks he can resort to driving an ice cream truck if/when his acting career finishes. But at least he will be more useful.

2. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Have I? Besides a particularly close scene in chapter twenty-two, I didn't think I'd really given them much closeness beyond that long talk at the start of term. Oh well, makes the scene more believable then.

My ever present response is... that I do not know who H will end up with 'cause I'm annoying and because I don't know myself. Hermione, Fleur, Padma and Daphne are the four main female characters, and some point Harry is going to have... romantic relations... with each (take that how you will, but sex isn't the only 'romantic relation'). Whoever I enjoy writing the most will probably be the one. To throw you lot a bone, I do, very much, enjoy writing Fleur's character when she's actually about.

I'll be sure to let him know that. I'm sure he'll contemplate it very seriously and have Harry and whoever is best for him get together.

EDIT: That's such a crappy response, I just realized. Screw it. At the very least, there will be a number of H/F moments including the sex scene I mentioned a few pages back. Whether I can write well or not is another matter - Taure's words about the scene in chapter eleven gives me confidence though.

I never thought of spending my imagined millions on an ice cream truck...

Anyone want to hold Rupert Grint to it? That he'll become an ice cream man if he sucks at acting... I'm tempted to say 'beyond HP', but he isn't that great right now - better than some, worse than many.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

The sad thing is, people who buy boring shit like that are actually very fiscally responsible. I know this kid who's dad would get him any car he wanted (dad = founder of FedEX) and he asked for a Ford Bronco. Rupert Grint will only end up as an ice cream truck driver because he wants to.

The boring ugly Ginger fuck.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Very interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_fairies

Veela are apparently not JKR's creation. I find it likely, therefore, that much of the mythology behind Veela is also true of JKR's Veela.

Credit goes to Vlad the inhaler for finding the article.

5. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

Intresting, so that's where she got the idea for a veela...

The connections between Rowling's Veela and the Slavic myths are remarkable.

6. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Probably a combination of the Valkyrie and the afore-mentioned reference.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Huh... that's actually quite the interesting little article.
    "Thanks Vlad!"

8. Abunix

Abunix Card Captored and buttsecksed

A New World:
    Harry wins against Voldemort, and weary of the adulation, and never being left alone, leaves for another world, where he died at the age of 1 along with his parents and Voldemort. And it is 1997, he poses as Gellert Grindelwald’s grandson, Damien Gellert Grindelwald, he becomes a member of high society in France, powered by the Goblin storage cube, that carries billions of Gold and Silver Bullion, he is entered into the last year of Beauxbatons, where he meets Fleur Delacour having taken the Resurrection Ring, a well as the Invisibility Cloak, the Deathstick from Albus Dumbladore, after doing so, he hunts down the Hocruxes, removing the soul portions, and taking the relics to his private estate. He makes friends with Fleur, and is eventually set up by Madam Delacour as her betrothed; He takes the title of Chevalier Grindelwald, while the Beauxtabon School prepares for the Tri-Wizard Tournament, Chevalier Damien plans to join her as the French Champion’s trainer.

AU of 4th Year:
    • Harry arrives in this new dimension, with his money, his Wand, an expansive training in magical and muggle martial arts.
    • He meet Jean Delacour, Fleur’s father and Senior Commander of the French Chevaliers , he saves him in a raid conducted against a magical gang, across his own building.
    • He enters Beauxtabons in their 6th Year, he makes friends with Fleur, being the only one who doesnt go apeshit over her.
    • eventually he begans to date her, encoruaged by her mother, when she disovers the massive wealth he possess.
    • she beomes his promised,
    • When the Tri-Wizard Tournament starts, he travels to Hogwarts, where his promised, Fleur Delacour, he trains her for the Challenges.
    • he also deals with flashbacks of the war
    • 1st Challenge, he trains her to use her avian form, (read a fanfic where she says that, the older they grow, the more of them is veela)
    • 2nd Challenge, when Fleur does not return, and is attacked by the Mermen, as well as her sister Gabrielle he swims into the water, iddiotically, and rescues them,
    • 3rd Challenge: he rescues fleur from Krum, while beating that man to a pulp.
    thats it for now.
    FIrst Pist

9. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

First: Post an intro. Its a good thing to do.

Second:Change the fucking color and I might consider reading it.

10. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

Seems like more of a H/G fic to me than a H/Fleur. Bloody hell, you create Super!Harry... but what does he do with his power? He goes to France, away from his normal 'friends'. This means that nearly everyone in your story would be an OC.

Secondly, what the fuck is the point of him being Grindlewald's son? That doesn't make any sense. Would the fiction refer to him as 'Damien' all the way through, because, if it's supposed to be a H/Fleur fic... and you change literally everything about Harry... well, it kinda defeats half the purpose. The other half is having Fleur be a hot, independent woman. And with the rest of your story, you're taking the rest of that out too.

Good luck though. :rolleyes:

11. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

@Abunix: As Belra said, you might wanna post an intro first. And lurk moar. But regarding your challenge:

No.

No. Wizards don't fucking like Grindelwald. Although the name Damien Grindelwald is so pants-creamingly sexy that you just had to find a way to use it, didn't you?

Fucking christ, NO.
    So you've eliminated that crazy thing that most stories need; I call it conflict, but you call it 'filler', I suppose.
    No.
    *facepalm* NO.
    Anyone claiming to be a protege or scion of Grindelwald would frown on anything muggle, especially barbaric muggle combat.
    Jeconais called, he wants his plot back.
    Cliche
    Why would this be okay for Delacours, when I can bet money that Mrs. Weasley trying to pull the same shit would make you clamor for her blood?
    Stupid.
    Stupid.
    How could he (a non-Veela) train Fleur (a Veela) to use something that's most likely instinctual for her? Perhaps he'll train her on how to control her Veela aura too, yeah?
    Why? Long standing feud between Mermen and Veela, perhaps? Did you come up with that all on your lonesome?
    Why? Is it the same situation where Krum was under the Imperius Curse? Because super-highpowah Timemaster Ninja-fu Harry Grindelwald (Jr.) should recognize when someone's not in control of their actions - thus negating any need for beating any one to a pulp. And if super-highpowah Timemaster Ninja-fu Harry G. Duece was training Fleur, shouldn't she be able to dispose of Krum herself? And what about that Mermen attack - shouldn't she be able to handle that as well? Or do you equate Harry's special training with rigourous buttsecksual relations?

Fix'd that for you, young son. I change my mind, however: don't bother posting an intro, 'cause I think most people will have you figured out after reading your "challenge".

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  12. Skeletaure

High Score:
    This is the only bit I disagree with, Blaise.

Grindelwald =/= Voldemort. Grindelwald wanted to rule the Muggles, so he obviously thought they were worth ruling, whereas Voldemort just hated them and wanted them dead.

Also, there are heavy hints that Grindelwald had something to do with World War 2, so that's him getting mixed up in Muggle affairs.

Abunix: Why would an all-powerful god of a wizard like your Harry is want to go back to school? What possible motivation is there to do 6th year again?

In addition, why would he leave his original world in the first place? From the sound of it, your Harry likes attention (joined French high society, generally drew attention to himself through stuff like using Grindelwald's name). All stories where Harry willingly leaves the world where he has finally managed to defeat Voldemort make no sense.

There's no way that Harry would willingly go through that war again, even if loads of people had died. As we saw from DH, Harry's greatest power is that he can accept death rather than try to fight it. Which is kinda justified, since he knows for certain that there's an afterlife.

Also, aside from those specific objections, your challenges are just crap. It's clear that they're just an effort by you to wank over Harry looking cool. Ever hear of something called a plot?

13. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Question: What about the Harry Potter in that universe. I mean what happened to him does he become a useless filler? If so, then this is even worse than what it would useually be IMO.

And why? Why in heavens name would he call himself Gellert or Grindlewald. What possibe connection, apart from Dumbledore, could he have with him? This challenge is full of too many plotholes to be even considered to be taken up.

14. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Worth ruling? Yes. Worth learning from? Doubtful, at best. Grindelwald was obsessed with magical lore (The Deathly Hallows), so why would he pursue muggle equivalents of power?

15. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Someone like Grindelwald is never satisfied with the power they have if there is more power out there to be gained.

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Yes, but he wanted the greatest power: mastery over death. What 'more' is there, really? And regardless of whether there is a greater power, in muggle or magical worlds, he didn't care: he saw the Deathly Hallows as the Holy Grail, so he probably didn't look into anything else.

17. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I think he's gone, never to be seen again...

18. mbond98

mbond98 Seventh Year

We know. As justblaise said:

PS

It 'challenge', not 'challange.'

19. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

It's funny/sad, 'cause I spelled it properly after that.

20. mbond98

mbond98 Seventh Year

Memory; its the first thing to go.