1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Fleur Community

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 22, 2007.

1. rocket_runner

rocket_runner Seventh Year

Truthfully, I considered it right after I posted that, but I figured I should wait until after the wedding. They'd need a good wedding planner, and I'm the prime candidate.

... Well, I thought I was funny. :D

2. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Um... What? She's hot and Harry is a teenager. Of course he would like to fuck her. Canon!Harry, however, wouldn't do anything to make these dreams true.

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Harry wouldn't be a teenager, as it's post Howgwarts. Also, despite common belief, I believe a guy like Harry could resist fucking Fleur if he truly thought her a bitch. Nice idea, I'd definitely read something like that.

4. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

My only Harry/Fleur idea I consider half-decent uses a time-travel shortcut.

Harry travels bodily back in time, during or after DH, and ends up in the Triwizard. Sets up a false identity and all that rot, manipulates time-line to his desires, and bags Fleur.

No paradox, as long as he can convince his younger self to travel back, and makes sure he commits the exact same actions. I imagine it happening a bit like in this.

Not gonna write that for obvious reasons, but there's no need to turn the future world into a dystopia if someone does. Bonus points if Harry's reasons aren't entirely selfless.

The idea of Fleur being the one to try getting into Harry's pants for a change is pretty neat, but it's in danger of getting dragged on for too long if nothing else interesting is happening. The unfaithfulness factor puts a spin on things also, and helps justify Harry's opinion.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  5. Grubdubdub

There obviously won't be a paradox, as who wouldn't want to go back in time to fuck a teenage Fleur?

6. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

o_O

Seventh year Harry=17

18=Teenager
    19=Teenager
    20=Twenty...ager

7. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

I read a study recently where a professor claimed that must humans stay in the phase that 40 years ago would have been called their teenage years until they are 25.

Any sane male under the age of 25 would definitely want to fuck Fleur.
    Time travel sucks and there are better ways to get them together. Just give Harry a backbone and a voice in the back of his head that tells him to get Fleur or whatever.

8. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just to make it confusing, let that voice in his back be his conscience, which probably would make a pretty awesome story.

9. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Time travel where Harry bags Fleur seems good in theory, but I have seen too many people fuck it up. Though I have to admit the idea of Harry hating Fleur with a passion has some major appeal. Canon Harry is a bitter part-emo/angry/schizo character who is hard to predict so I think it would be believable for him to not want anything to do with Fleur. Plus he ended up with Ginny so I doubt he gives a shit how the girl looks.

A story where both characters hate each other would be even better, make it a short, perhaps 40 thousand words? With the ending being wild grudge sex, just so that Fleur can get the last laugh. It would make for a good comedy.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just because someone's hot does not mean everyone wants to fuck them.

11. Grubdubdub

Harry wouldn't go to work right after killing Voldemort. And Harry is mature for his age. And... many more excuses.

So yeah, he would fuck her. :rolleyes:

You can easily make him older though, so it's not really a problem.

12. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

No, some people are blind.

EDIT: Or drunk.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  13. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

You are thinking of Bonnie. Canon!Ginny is supposed to be one of the better looking girls.

14. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Probably not your best argument considering canon's tendency to have holes large enough to lose a truck in them.

That said...

We have absolutely no proof that Canon!Harry is at all good looking. He could be ugly as sin for all that Rowling has told us. So why would the hot Veela babe want to end up with him?

On a totally different topic:

I don't know if I will be able to get the next chapter of CR out this month. My computer crashed and took my hard drive with it. I was able to recover about half of everything that was on there - which didn't include any of my writing. I lost all of the material I had put together for the next five chapters and - I'm sure it's no concern of yours - all of my original stuff.

I have a new laptop, and a new fist-shaped dent in my wall. In celebration, I've rewritten the prologue and put together about 7,000 words worth of new material for Circular Reasoning. I'll probably post a little preview of the next chapter in WBA since I'm not done with the full chapter.

I'll go ahead and spoil you a little for the plot. Most of the Harry/Fleur interaction will be in the past. There is too much of a divide between the two at this point for them to have a relationship together.

That's not to say there can't be any hot sex, but CR!Harry is a 28/29-year-old war vet suffering from severe mental instability, displacement and isolation from the time travel, meddling fairies, Voldemort and bloody politics. Fleur is, at this point, a 17/18/19-year-old girl with all of the follies of that particular age. I have three sisters. Trust me on this point. It just wouldn't feasibly work out between Harry and Fleur as a healthy relationship, and I'm not that good at writing soap opera's.

tl;dr: My hard drive committed seppuku after murdering my files in their sleep. I'm pissed-off. But I'm still writing moar CR.

15. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Harry was said to be looking similiar to Riddle, who is described as a handsome guy.

16. Grubdubdub

He's also almost identical to his father, who was mentioned to be a playboy - or is that fanon?

17. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Fanon for the playboy part. I don't see J.K. having written anything to that effect. However, I'm fairly certain that James is mentioned to be handsome, as is Sirius, in canon. I haven't a clue where though.

18. Grubdubdub

I believe it was said that Lily and Snape were the only ones not impressed by James.

19. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    Nah, looks doesn't have anything to do with whether anyone is impressed with you or not. Perhaps a little - leaving a better first impression to the ladies, but not much beside that.
    Personality on other hand makes you popular - in the meaning passed in practically any Hollywood teen movie = "playboy".

So, in other words - James being good looking is not necessary true for his success with the female part of Hogwarts student body. On other hand - a good Quidditch player(cannon) and coming from an old family, combined with being prankster (which talks for a good doze of self esteem and being sure in oneself) is...

Now that's the nicest news I've heard all day long.

Well you are the one to give her personality and character, and therefore you could manage to write her believingly mature. Combined with the special trick she has inherited from her Veela blood, she could be an interest for a 28 year old, despite her being in her teen years.
    On the other hand - you did have Tonks in the recipe, so I'm all good with whatever is to come.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  20. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Harry is the biggest celebrity in wizarding England and still he doesn't have a pack of girls following his every step. This says pretty clearly that he's ugly as fuck to me.