1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Ginny

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Hubert

Hubert First Year

Back on topic.

I believe that somewhere along the way JkRowling has stumbled upon fanfiction and seen the huge number of poorly written Harry/Ginny fics, and decided that’s what the people want. She stopped writing what she wants and just writes what all the little fan girls want to read. It truly is sad seeing the potential Harry Potter had being butchered. :cry:

All I can say is thank god for the few and far between, well written, good fanfiction, its Harry Potter's only redeeming quality at this point.

2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Sad but true.

We should go after all the evil little girls who destroyed Harry Potter to a cocksucking bitch. The wicked shall burn.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Even, if JK did that, the rest of the story sucked anyway, so there is still a problem with it.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

God, I mean, HBP started out sounding interesting with Slughorn who was obviously very talented if he could hide himself, but it was all downhill from there. The H/G parts just totally killed it though.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

JKR should jump off a bridge.

I nominate Stephan King to finish up the series.

There will be an evil killer clown who is really a giant spider as well as Satan in human form added... But at least we know he would make some common sense decisions. Like having Malfoy rape and Murder Ginny while Harry watches and laughs... Or have Harry hook up with Tonks and Bellatrix.

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I really like Slughorn. I mean the guy was able to hide himself in two minutes. PRetty fuckin' cool. And then Harry is a pussy, and no one teaches him anything. I wonder what would have happened if Harry embraced the slug club, and began taking private lessons with SLughorn? THe guy knows occlumency, is a VERY skilled wizard, it makes you wonder what HArry could have been if he actually DID something with SLUGHORN rather than sit on his ass like a fucking moron.

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I did enjoy that bit also, then it got ruined by making him into a celebrity stalker/borderline pedophile control freak basically.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I have mixed feelings about Slughorn. I mean he had to have known after his conversation with Riddle that he had made Horcrux's and therefore wasn't dead after his encounter with baby Harry... Thus wasting 10 years.

However on the other hand before he gets all creepy and control freakish he is pretty cool. If only he could get past his "Hey little kiddie, I am a fatter version of Michael Jackson, but I will touch you all the same" image he would be the perfect character.

But he is a pedophile like Dumbledore... So he must die.

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

truthfully i really did not care about him much

10. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I just realized that at least two postitions will now need to be filled. Assuming Slughorn stays on there is still Defense and Transfiguration to find teachers for. Defense it'll be an order member and Transfiguration...hmmm. I say Bill Weasley or something stupid.. Any thoughts?

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i bet you she'll make a new character for at least one of those jobs

12. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

probably

13. Zevrillion

Did you notice that at the same moment JKR wrote that Slughorn was a slytherin, his character went straight down?

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Methinks JKR has something against Slytherins... Though seriously, since when were ambition and mental agility bad things? Without them humanity would still be in the Stone Age.

15. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I agree.

Ron Weasley: Wait! You're not content with your life, so you actively change it!? AND you consider your actions before doing things?!

Random SLytherin: Yes

Ron: You SICK BASTARD!!! :charges at him and they begin fighting:

16. Zevrillion

I think the twins have tested too many products on Ron. His brain has become totally messed up from prolonged exposure of dangerous magical infused chemicals.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I haven't seen much mental agility from the Slytherins in canon, though. Mostly they're just spoiled little elitist pureblooded snots. And their "ambition" centers on living the good life off of their parents' ancestral fortunes. Rowling protrays them as the stereotypical useless rich brats who haven't and will likely never have to do an honest day's work in their lives. There are exceptions of course (Riddle, Snape), and I'm not trying to justify Ron's blind hatred of them. Just that almost all Slytherins aside from the truly outstanding ones (again, Riddle and Snape) fall into the same mold of indulged worthlessness.

18. Zevrillion

I think 99.9999.....999...% of the student population of Hogwarts seems retarded. Well I think the same way about the world in RL so I don’t know how much my opinion matters.

19. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

we've heard from what five Slytherins there has to be some out there who are different it's just illogical that everyone is the same in that house.

20. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The qualities of Slytherin House are what make it a good place... Unfortunately no really good people seem to have those qualities anymore.

But look at the other houses. Hufflepuffs are a bunch of sissies, Ravenclaw's get off by reading Einsteins theory of relativity, and Gryffindor house is a bunch of dumb jocks/stalkers/random hot headed morons. So really, JKR's bias against Slytherin is just plain cruel.

Methinks Dumbledore would have been a Slytherin.