1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Ginny

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Aug 7, 2005.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I ca't say that I would have wanted Ron to switch placed with Diggory. I never forgave that damned Hufflepuff for terminally dooming the possibility of the Harry/Cho ship in canon due to his existence.

2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I would rather say 45 nanoseconds.

3. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Nah :)

Well maybe... It was just funny in the theatres cuz I was the only white kid in our little group of moviegoers that day :) Seeing my friends reactions to Jar Jar was what made him funny for so long... Though I think one of them was close to jumping up and tearing down the screen.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah the whole Jar Jar = old ignorant black slave thing the dumbass NAACP fuckers were whining about?

5. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I think that's what he's referring to.

6. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah thats what I was referring to. Man it pissed my friends off... Made them angrier when I sat there pointing at their reactions laughing my fucking ass off :)

It was all good the next day though.

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I found that whole bit to be anally retarded. If thats what "they" thought of themselves when they saw Jar jar, then "they" have fucking problems for associating themselves.

I wish the reperations for slavery would consist of a sane black man... say Michael Clark Duncan size, going to each home that spouts that nonsensical bullshit, and have him beat the inhabitants, while yelling "IT WAS A CENTURY AND A HALF AGO SHUT THE FUCK UP."

Seriously, if it didn't directly affect you, stfu. Me and my friends get into an argument about this fairly often, when one of them gets drunk he turned into a damned Malcom X s.o.b. We got into a fight one time when I got tired of hearing it and offered to boat his ass off the continent so he could go live in a hut similar to the one he'd probably still be in, and shut the hell up, lol (I feel slavery was horrible, but the NAACP neglects to mention the fact that alot of the ppl that were enslaved were sold into it by their OWN ppl, etc)

8. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

as intresting as it is to argue about who inslaved who i prefer to leave it buried in the past and only to be dug up when we need to know what mistakes should not be made. lets not worry about slavery in the past but slavery in the present. you know there are still slaves around the world every here in america. and i dought that skin matters when involved in current slavery because there are white,black,yellow, and whatver other skin color there is are being enslaved as we speak.( i learned this from an FBI agent who visited my class to talk about her job and thats where i learned about all this. and i was shocked that they even exist at this time period)

9. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Sadly it is.

Though Jar Jar isn't a slave... He is just a VERY negatively stereotyped character.

10. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

and a moron. :Begins crying for the idiot that is George Lucas:

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Right...uhm...DEATH TO JARJAR AND HARRY/GINNY!

12. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I like Jar Jar for what he is percieved to be. Racism amuses me, real or imagined. Harry/Ginny though... I hate it. H/G is wrong, when will people understand it? Wronger than racism. :( :twisted:

13. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

Harry ginny is wrong in my opinion. the fact that he;'s copying his dad makes it even seem kinda surreal like James were with lily once again.

but wouldnj't it be funny if James and Harry switched places in a Harry Ginny fic at the moment of intercourse? Then it'd be a teenager (harry) and a man ( james) being switched and it would take a while before the difference would sink in. with Harry he'd know that this wasn't Ginny because she was too different in skin colour but James might actually not take too much notice of it. She DOES look a lot like Lily after all with onjly the eyes and the freckles being a good distinction between the two.

anyhow i like Harry / Lily and that's how my opinon goes.

harry ginny Shippers may get burned to death by crazy arab soldiers who fight for Osama Bin Laden or otehrwise known as Osama (goat fucker) bin Laden.

I base that off a movie i saw on teh web which was kinda funny. boring planes into the twin towers was wrong thoguh and i hope that he dies a horrible death.

14. E. M. Pink

E. M. Pink First Year

Hmm...

*Mutters, "Note to self - construct poll and find out if EVERYONE is male on this forum."*

I actually don't really care, either way, about the future of Harry/Ginny. The only reason I still think about the ship at all is because it's going to be involved in my writing to some extent. Naturally, Harry's attraction to Ginny cannot be totally ignored or whatever - I usually prefer to go the way of natural progression in such cases of conflict. Which will probably mean my poor readers wanting to yell at me, either of my Harrys, or either of my Ginnys at any point in time (I'm writing two fanfics that really deal with both of them as teenagers, hence the multiplicity).

But guys, seriously - what IS fanfiction without that urge to change stuff in the book/text? I enjoy stories most when I'm involved enough to cheer when something happens or just stare at the screen in shock and horror when something does or doesn't happen. I think the mark of good writing is that, whether you like what happens plotwise or not, you care to some degree, which is what I'm going for.

Which is why I don't argue for Harry/Ginny shippers to by lynched or really care about the ship in question. Because, really, if I have a problem with it, it can always be written out *shrugs smugly*.

Which is why I love being a writer. :wink: :wink:

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Uh...I think that there are about 4 regular female posters.

16. E. M. Pink

E. M. Pink First Year

Oh wow *giggles*. This strongly reminds me of Somethingawful.com - you know, the forums? Probably about the same male:female ratio we're talking here.

17. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    That many?

I don't know. Most of the people here are probably comparatively tame H/Ginny haters individually, but when you toss everyone together at a place like this... :p

I can read well-written H/G, though I got to admit, it's been awhile since I done it.

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

wait i thought there was 8...*goes of to make sure*

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

There were more before but some of them stopped. Dunno what happened.

20. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

My money's on the fact that Charlie came back.