1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter: An Ancient's Journey by Keiran Halcyon - Stargate - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Skeletaure, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think the plot is going to go on for a while beyond Stargate episodes. The defeat of the Goa'uld can't be that far away, and I don't think Atlantis enemies are going to feature much, but we've got this huge war coming up that future!Harry went back in time to give past!Harry the stuff for the great leap to avoid losing. I'm guessing that will be against the Ori, but it could be a new enemy altogether. Either way, I'm thinking that the story, rather than approaching its ending, is just beginning.

2. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

well atleast end this story and continue where that one left off. A 100 chapter story is too daunting. It needs to be divided up...

3. edmalchiodi

edmalchiodi Guest

i agree with you guys, i was reading the earlier posts and they mencioned a story by shezza's or something like that, would someone like that one to me please? i would like to read it

4. Skeletaure

High Score:
  5. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm a little annoyed at the author's predilection to add what appears to be elements of Star Trek into the SG Universe, but overall I think this fic is entertaining and well written. As a big fan of SG, I think this sticks very well to the spirit of SG, while taking it in a different direction that is still cool.

Pet peeve: Alterrans would not be caught dead in a flying saucer. This is not the Federation.

and yet: 4.5/5

6. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Updated today after 5 months of silence (though the author has been plenty active on his other 5 fics or so). A decent chapter, though I would have prefered it longer after such a long wait.

The Aschen as a foe is quite interesting, as they were cool villains that were seriously underused in canon.

For that matter, there are loads of advanced societies in canon that are severely underused. The Tollan, The Aschen, the Nox. Each only has a few episodes. I like it when fanfic fleshes out these societies.

Would quite like an AU fanfic of this where Harry ends up on Tollana rather than with the Asgard.