1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Azkaban Guards by Shadow101 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Midknight, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

And dont forget the pills that give you 13 inch penises...

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ty. I'm thinking something like Hermione is being a know it all as usual, spitting shit from a book, Harry will ask if she's ever seen a book be wrong, she'll say no, and Harry'll bounce that book off her damned forehead.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hahaha! Please use that!

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Hermione obviously never reads books from the Philosophy Section.

Because they all call each other wrong. She would get a brain ache just from thinking about it.

5. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

Hermione? Philosophy?
    no all her philosophy comes from dumbledore.
    no one can change that.

6. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

But he is not a book.

Therefore if introduced to a book with a differant philosophy like Machiavelli or Neitszche (I know I spelled his name wrong) she would explode from confusion.

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

add sun tzu and you have my three favorite dead people

8. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Just finished reading the last chapter. Great story, hope we will get an update soon.

9. There haven't been any updates for just over four months so hopefully there will be one soon. I like the fact that Mad Eye complains to Dumbledore about the Weasel and She with Bushy Hair, one acting as though he owns the place and the other answering questions and asking them. Same thing with Neville and Luna deciding to not join the DA for "personal" reasons.

10. rogueboy

rogueboy Second Year

Another story that was abandoned shortly after being rec'd.

The writing is okay. The pairing... well, this was back when everyone thought Blaise was a chick. Various plot devices that were cliched at the time of this fics inception are included (Order warning has opposite of intended effect, Dumbledore and his Order of goodie-guys actually attack the Dursleys, Ron and Hermione receive training while Harry does not...). The author places ANs halfway through the chapter. It's only 18k words long.

All things considered, it was a fic that showed promise and potential at the time. Now, it's been "TEMP.ABANDONED" and hasn't seen an update since the last post in this thread announcing one. While I am admittedly "new," I don't think that this is the type of story to go into the Library.

11. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I have to second that statement.

The story has 6 chapters with 17k words, doesn't even cover Harry's holidays and was last updated in September 2005. Meanwhile (2009) the author dissociates himself from his older fics and is writing an original story.

The writing isn't that great either, and the last sentence published is:
    He, Harry Potter, had a vampire as an animagus form.

I won't even rate it.

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Rofl, Temp. Abandoned is a new one. As long as the writers believe it, I suppose.

Harry is extremely willing to abandon Ron and Hermione in favor of Blaise, who he never spoke to before. Even then he includes Blaise in his plan to apprentice to Nicholas Flamel when there's no reason. He could easily leave Zabini to rot with Hagrid, and there's no reason against doing so.

The fem!Blaise aspect is rendered a moot point, due to revision changing Blaise's gender to male.

I'm also annoyed by the motivation behind the writer abandoning everything - according to Fanfix's profile he was shocked and embarrassed at his poor grammar 'at the time'. Then he posts a fairly recent one-shot to showcase his 'improvements' in writing style, which is even worse than his older false-starts. Harry shoots Voldemort (I mean literally, with a firearm), Dumbledore is manipulative, Ron and Hermione are bad friends, there are still grammar and sentence structure errors, etc.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  13. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I'll rate it. 2.5/5 There was an interesting start, but this isn't good enough to make it into the library after being abandoned. And a vampire animagus form? Riiiiiiight.