1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Do you interrogate all of the orphans you meet?

I'm sure that Rosier Sr.'s survival will be revealed for much lulz and drama, but you're awfully pedantic about it coming out in only this manner. Harry, Calypso, and even Rosier Sr. himself have reason to at least try to avoid having the matter come to a head with the Potter's without a plan.

They aren't stupid; though maybe I am for bothering to reply to you.

None of us know how Lily and James are going to respond to Calypso Rosier's existence, but you're talking with such surety and conviction that you seem to believe that if the Potter's react in any way except how you've defined it, then the Santi will have got it wrong. Take a look back and read over your own words. You've got no more of an idea about how James and Lily are going to react than anybody else does, and your arguments regarding the inflexible one possible outcome that you've dictated is just arrogance.

STFU and sit down, son.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  2. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ffs, are you that stupid, or are you just assuming that Rosier is? Calypso obviously has a cover story. Hell, even "I'm living with a friend of the family, hiding from my late father's enemies." would be good enough.

3. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Isn't her mother still alive and shit?

4. yak

She died in childbirth.

5. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Uh, guys, the Rosier that most people talk about having died during the war is actually her brother, Evan, who did die. AFAIK the fate of Rosier Sr. was unknown in canon.

6. yak

In this fic Rosier Sr. was presumed dead, probably from the incident which badly injured him in 1980.

and

edit: I should note that those two quotes date from before Rosier Sr. became Professor Rosier, so the knowledge of his survival would have spread to a lot more people in Europe since then.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  7. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Possibly, though Durmstrang is a particularly secretive institute. Although British students could be going home and telling their parents about what Professor Rosier thought of their final project, spreading rumours of Rosier Sr's survival.

8. T3t

High Score:
    I understand that, but I don't think he has the same implied reputation as his deceased son does. Clearly he's still a Death Eater, but that's about it. If Nathan had somehow managed to become friends with, say, Draco Malfoy, I think that James and Lily would be cautious at most. I doubt they would forbid them from associating.

9. The Santi

The Santi Professor

A quick update on my progress:

The triwizard stuff is roughly 3 chapters away. It looks like the summer chapter will have to be split in two, there's just too much stuff I have to cover. Fourth year will likely take up 4 chapters (1 primarily at Durmstrang, 3 at Hogwarts). I'll try to bust my ass to get there before I leave for law school (T-minus 25 days), but it'll be hard since I have a lot going on in the mean time. Fortunately for all of you, I'm in one of those rare writing grooves right now.

The last update for Chapter 12(?) is essentially finished -- its already cleared my beta group -- and it's just a matter of cleaning up the edits and what not before I post it. I'll probably have something up later tonight or, more likely, tomorrow.

Now, I leave you to your regularly scheduled Rosier discussion.

10. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Nice. Yeah Good luck with law school, the first year blows, but it gets better in second, and third I hear is the best (starting my 3l in the fall). If you have Civ Pro in fall, I recommend getting the E&E for Civ Pro by Glannon. A must.

11. T3t

High Score:
    One of my friends just finished his first year of law school; while it blows you still have some free time. Good luck in any case.

12. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Read - T3t intends to kill you if you don't update while in law school.

13. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

Good luck in your law school. The first year is pretty hard, but you get used better in the second year.

I'm finishing my last year in law school in Spain (I do not know how it will be in USA, but in my country this career lasts for 4 years).

14. Catman

Catman DA Member

Ahh, I know the US jokes about killing lawyers, I take it Spain doesn't fuck around?

15. LightLess

LightLess First Year

How frequently should I keep refreshing my browser? Is it still coming today? I mean, I always mess up the times.... here in brazil is 22:18.

16. yak

Go to the story thread. Click the "Thread Tools" drop down menu near the top. Select "Subscribe to this Thread".

As soon as Santi posts an update you'll receive an email from DLP with a link directly to the post. There's no need to keep on refreshing your browser.

17. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Killing off lawyers is serious business over there.

18. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

As people have mentioned Lily and James have been shown a bit more down to Earth in this fic. But they are constantly uneasy about Harry's life at Durmstrang they know NOTHING about. They don't know who he associates with, they think his Dark Arts class is milder than it is and they assume he barely does Dark Arts at all.

Then enter Harry, as a Triwizard Champion, using darker and more dangerous spells than they imagined. Then enter Calypso. I doubt they'll start raging and yelling at him to leave her, but I'm sure this will only cause their unease to grow significantly.

Nathan on the other hand, being canon!Harry, will probably react in a very idiotic fashion. We know Calypso doesn't shy from lashing out with violence when provoked. I can see her and Nathan ending up in a very one sided fight, with her cursing him with (mild) dark magic.

What do Lily and James see? Their son, who seems to be using dark arts a lot more than they though he would (if he is competing), who is dating the daughter of a known Death Eater, and said girl has cursed their other son with dark magic. Now imagine they find out she's the one who has been helping him with his Dark Arts.

Reasonable or not, they're going to react the way many parents would - assume that Calypso is not only a bad influence on Harry, but is someone who is a danger to Nathan too. This will be when they would turn anti-Calypso.

19. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Isn't dark arts banned at the Tri-Wizard Tournament in canon?

20. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

Define "Dark Arts". Methinks it was just the unforgiveables.

Not open for further replies.