1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I was eating a cake while reading latest update. Good combination.

2. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

He was in Dark Arts class. And I don't think they are dueling just for the sake of dueling. They are dueling, to attain experience in the practicle usage of the spells they learn in that class.

3. 4arms

4arms Second Year

Hasn't anyone noticed that when James, Sirius and Lupin were becoming friends in Hogwarts...none of them had any dark experience with their relative members(like Bella and Malfoy). While they might be open to a Dark Wizard being innocent(Calypso) they have actually fought her father which might bring some reservations...Moreover, since they are parents now they might put their sons at higher standard as Nathan is Dark Lord's enemy no. 1

4. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Being innocent of a specific crime, perhaps, but innocent altogether? I doubt it. The Potter's have a well documented phobia to all dark magic. Any understanding that they might possess which would lead them to not automatically condemning a child of a dark family is likely to be thrown out of the window once Calypso's aptitude and favourable stance towards dark magic is uncovered.

and her brother, Evan. In fact Lily is still distraught enough at Evan's assault on one of her friends at Hogwart's that she still refuses to speak about it. Mentioning Evan Rosier's is the only time that Harry can ever recall his mother swearing. Sirius also hates the Rosiers... or at least his aunt, Druella Black nee Rosier, the mother of Narcissa, Bellatrix, and Andromeda.

There are certainly a lot of barriers in the way of Calypso being accepted by Harry's family. The two who would arguably have the easiest time accepting Harry's new friend [Sirius and Lily] are the two with the greatest enmity towards the Rosiers.

5. Wizardmon0073

Wizardmon0073 Second Year

There is one easy way for Calypso to become (however grudgingly) accepted. She simply needs Dumbledore´s stamp of approval and all past crimes of her father or brother will become irrelevant. If it works for Snape who is ten times "Dark Wizard" than she (and responsible for lots of Potters´ or Sirius´ suffering)...

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Calypso isn't technically innocent if she's cast the Unforgivables, 4arms. I'm reasonably sure she has. Also why the hell would Dumbledore give her his stamp of approval Wizardmon0073? I mean, granted, sure... if Albus started vouching for her it'd go a long way, but I don't see him putting his arse on the line for her anytime soon. Unless you have a theory based on what we've read so far that it might happen?

7. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That would be very simple. He will go out of his way to avoid alienating Harry, just like he did with Draco in HBP. If that means he'll have to swallow Harry casting Cruciatus on animals and socializing with scion of a known dark family - be it.

8. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why? Harry isn't actually the BWL, so while it would be nice to 'redeem' him, it'll hardly be Dumbledore's first priority, especially given that he has a family. And a family that isn't evil, to boot.

9. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That's pretty obvious, he doesn't want another Voldemort. That was his motivation in Harry's first year when he decided to help him in transferring to Durmstrang. He will do anything to prevent Harry from hating the general population.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I think having Dumbledore ignore Nathan in his fifth year and for some reason spending time with Harry (to make sure he doesn't go full dark, maybe? or just because of academic reasons) would be a quite interesting twist to what usually happens in these kind of stories.

11. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ...yeah, that's true. Clearly I need my head examined for holes :awesome

12. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

How does Albus spend time with Harry while he's at a different school? It's not like he spends all that much time with him anyway.

13. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Obviously we're talking about the time period in which the Triwizard Tournament is taking place. I suppose the Summer break could also be included in that, but more the TWT.

14. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

There is no doubt that there are barriers in the way, but I don't see any of them judging her without getting to know her first. I'm not talking about getting to know she is good at the dark arts either. I mean actually spending time talking to her and finding out what her personality is like. We do know she stood up to her father in the most recent chapter essentially saying that she wouldn't be delivering anymore reports on Harry which is a major development that has been overlooked mostly due to the talk of how Harry has changed.

This is actually interesting. I've been wondering how 4 year will play out. Specifically, if both Harry and Nathan take the cup Voldemort would end up letting Harry live, and most likely revealing that he was the one teaching Harry in first year in an attempt to convert him.

I would also not put it past Fudge to attempt to paint Harry as the young genius who goes to a school that teaches the Dark Arts. Perhaps, going so far as to imply that Harry bewitched his brother into thinking that he saved him from Voldemort by helping him escape.

I'm most interested in seeing how Mr. Rosier takes the news that Voldemort is back. I wonder if this is perhaps why we are seeing Calypso starting to establish her independence from her father now.

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I was thinking a summer and a winter breaks plus maybe Harry going few times out of his school, because for example he needs something for his final projects in Charms and Transfiguration. Few friendly meetings and it still will be much more than Nathan interactions with Albus by that time (if they will be similar to the canon).

16. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

Either that, or after Voldemort's return (and the Potter's subsequent enlightenment of all-things-Durmstrang) they pull him out and send him to Hogwarts. Then we'd get Harry vs Umbridge fun as well.

17. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

:facepalm

/filler

18. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Pulling Harry out of Durmstrang at this point is like a nuke to their relationship. I wonder if it's possible to get expelled from Hogwarts and transfer to a different school rather than having your wand destroyed immediately. Harry trying to get expelled would be entertaining. Can't help but think I've read it before though.

19. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Yeah, I probably did get a tad carried away. But on the other hand Harry is upset that he almost lost his brother to Neville's absentmindedness. He clearly showed it when he tried to use an Unforgivable on a toad while thinking of Neville. I can see him thinking of some ways to get back at Neville for how things happened but I'll wait and see what The Santi has played out.

20. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I agree with that. Then there is the fact that Harry skipped grades, I can't imagine him taking fifth year classes again.

By the way, is Harry going to take OWLs for charms and transfiguration??

Not open for further replies.