1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

Meanwhile, the fact that Harry could become a doberman seems about right for his entire environment, from his parents, brother and uncles, even his friends and his girlfriend (who is a dog lover). However, I thought that if Harry is to become a dog would be a German Shepherd or a Siberian Husky, and not a Doberman.

Or maybe, Kira becomes a beetle (as Rita Skeeter), but does so without anyone present. Then comes Viktor and inadvertently steps on the beetle, killing his own girlfriend. Then Kira remains missing person forever without anyone knowing what has happened. :microwave:

In this scenario, Viktor begins to feel attracted to Hermione, Ron putting a (until then, he would be friendly with him and Harry, trying to get the friendship of Viktor), very, very, very jealous. :devil:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I do wonder what happens when an animagus dies while transformed? Was that ever cleared up in canon or even fanon?

3. Elelith

Elelith Squib

To be honest, turtles in a middle of an epic chase on Hogwarts' grounds would be conspicuous. Same for the dinosaurs... Snails...kind of ubiquitous, not to mention anticlimactic after the latest gonna-be-the-best-eva episode on the Harry character growth. If he went for stealth, insects, while some may say clichéd due to Rita, would have the best chance of passing unperceived.

The only reason I'm emerging from hibernation is because Santi's comment about the next part nearly being done has done me more harm than excitement... I'm checking my email every few hours for the update.
    Oh and I'm putting a manual thumbs up for Eidolonic, your last comment describes my situation perfectly, unfortunately, I am a dinosaur regarding this site and still can't do the thumbs up thing on the comments.

Finally, finishing this ambiguous post, I was wondering when Santi was going to update this story on Fanfiction, since it stops on the Interlude there and many readers have not had the brains to check DLP...

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE SHUT THE FUCK UP

5. Torak

Torak Death Eater

It shall never happen old chum.

/sips Tea

6. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

[​IMG]
    I beg your pardon?

7. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Shredder should have crushed the Ninja Turtles, and that's a fact.

In news not related to the obscurities of this thread, I posted Chapter 13 in WbA.

8. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

@Hash: that's neither a slug nor a dinosaur. You fail, sir.

@Santi: I blame your foolishness (doberman > turtle, shredder beating the turtles, etc) on the fact that you suffer from the disease known as "Texan."

9. Hashasheen

It is a well known fact that Space Marines have Dinosaur DNA.

@Santi: This chapter is awesome! Earth elementals, inferni, Calypso finally getting known by the family, Ron and Hermione getting put in their place, Kira being a bitch who's probably going to get dumped, Sirius and Harry being bros and getting drunk, etc...

The only thing I didn't like was how the Marauder's map came to be. Not that cool for such an epic piece of equipment.

10. Dark Raku

Dark Raku Second Year

But, in the grand scheme of things, was it really an epic piece of equipment? It was an extremly useful tool, I'll give you that, but it was certainly be no means epic.

11. Hashasheen

It's like the fifth most useful artifact in the entire series, bar the Sword of Gryffindor and the Hallows. That makes it epic by default.

12. Rocag

Rocag Third Year

Good chapter setting up the more interesting things that are to come. It's great seeing Harry finally getting in to darker and more dangerous types of magic. I'm really curious as to what exactly an earth elemental is in this story, though I suppose you meant for it to be vague at this point.

Great stuff Santi!

One question: Did James know Peter was alive at the beginning of the chapter or not? I didn't think he was supposed to but then he mentioned Peter being active...

13. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

If I stumble upon an earth elemental like in this story (or the golem in Lie I've Lived) I always imagine it to look somewhat like this:

[​IMG]

Great chapter Santi, but was teasing us with Inferi really necessary? Now I can't wait for the next chapter. Again.

I really love how you slowly introduce Harry to more and more incentives to further his Dark Arts study. His reasoning is very genuine and believable which makes this slow descent very interesting to observe.

14. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Kreacher is da masta!!!

I really like that elf.

15. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I couldn't help but laugh at this!

16. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Yes, the previous chapter had a few errors. In the letter James sent to Harry, he was never supposed to say that they thought Peter was dead nor was he supposed to write about giving Nathan a Firebolt. Those were errors that have been corrected on my word doc, but it's too late for me to go back and edit my post in WbA.

@Blaise: I blame your foolishness on being from D.C. Living in that swamp and being in such close proximity to Congress must have addled your brains. Shredder was a boss. Dobermans >>>> Turtles (even of the Ninja variety).

@Trig: Lets just say, my interpretation of an earth elemental is very different than a golem, especially in how they're created.

The Inferi thing does not just come out of the blue. There's a reason Calypso sent him that book, and it wasn't because she thought 'oh hey, Harry is gona likes making evil zombies.' No one seems to have made the connection tho...

17. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

Awesome chapter is awesome.

The jab at stories with magical inheritance and equally stupid things was well played. Also I really liked the characterization of Sirius.

Edit: Now that you mentioned it, I have a good idea what Harrys new project in Dark Arts is. At least that was my first guess.

18. Wizardmon0073

Wizardmon0073 Second Year

Now I am thinking about zombies in rock armor...

Awesome chapter, The Santi. I especially liked "conversation" between Calypso and Sirius.

19. Remmy

Remmy Fourth Year

This new chapter has me a-flutter. I actually jumped in joy when I say that Santi had updated in the WbA. While the chapter itself was stellar as usual, my highlights were definitely Harry's attempt at the Super Water spell, it was quite well written. Though I think you need to polish up a few of the sentences, especially the paragraph where he decides to point his wand and cast a bubblehead charm after ceding control of the water. That should be fleshed out better because I lost track of things around there, which is surprising because my face was glued to the screen the whole time.

Of course, you just had to drop the bomb about inferius right at the bloody end of the chapter. Now all I can think about is Harry killing all of Ravenclaw House and turning them into his army as he takes control of the World!

Update soon Santi!

EDIT: I forgot to ask, since Harry is entering 6th Year Charms and Transfiguration next year, does that mean he completed his OWLs in those subjects? Or do OWLs count as a strictly British thing (since both OWLs and NEWTS are heavily reminiscent of O-Levels and A-Levels in Britain)?

20. Rocag

Rocag Third Year

But I can totally see Calypso thinking "Oh hey, Harry is going to like making evil zombies!"

Not open for further replies.