1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

This implies you missed the joke...

Therefore this part is utter bizarre shit.

Now, if you were to say that my joke wasn't funny, that would've been more valid.

But actually, this sort of thing is why I rather enjoy this thread - shit's always getting out of hand. :awesome

2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    : FACEPALM

So Sorry Blazanno, feel like the idiot I am, was all distracted by slow skyrim Dl and didn't consider the humor.

Good Joke.

3. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

Stop being a pussy by apologising. If you need an explanation for a joke; you either didn't get it or it wasn't funny. Lame excuses will get you nowhere.

4. silvanatri

silvanatri Second Year

I find this a bit funny because i am the one who wrote this as a review on FF.

5. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

So, does anyone think that Lily and James secretly hate Harry and didn't give him to an orphanage/Dursleys just because they are suspicious and want to keep an eye on him?

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

...now you are deliberately trying to bring the Trolls out of the woodwork. /shame

Heheh.

7. KrzaQ

If we're going to have a retarded discussion, let's at least keep it on topic.

8. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

Retarded discussion:

Personally, I think James and Lily are abusing Harry on Dumbledore's orders for the "Greater Good" because everyone thinks that Harry is "dark" and Nathan is "light". Harry doesn't know that he's being abused because he keeps getting obliviated by his parents.

Voldemort knows what's going on, so he devised a plan to get Harry out of Hogwarts and Dumbledore's influence and into Durmstrang. The Rosiers know what's going on, and are secretly trying to undo all of the memory charms his parents put on him.

Now that Harry's trying to enter the Triwizard Tournament, his memories will return to him and he's going to secretly plot his revenge on Dumbledore and his family by killing Nathan and joining Voldemort. Then, he's going to form a harem with Calypso as his Head Wife and he's going to add Kira, Daphne, Hermione, Tracy, Narcissa (he's also going to kill Malfoy - he's somehow involved in the conspiracy), Bellatrix, Tonks, Fleur, and - as the icing on the cake - Lily (she repents and finds out that James had her under love potions the whole time).

Oh, he also finds out that he's some type of vampire/werewolf/fae/elf sex god and the heir to the Founders and Merlin and has rights over the Goblin Nation.

God, I can actually feel myself get dumber after writing this. :p

9. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, I think I come in second after Lungs.

/e-peen-waving

Harry better be a fucking competitor. I don't want to read about him angsting over shit.

10. Lukaskr

Lukaskr Fourth Year

So, at this point it is almost given that Harry will become a champion.
    I think this will be one of the defining moments in Harry's relationship with his parents. I mean the thing with parents/children relationship in wizarding world, is that they are separated for 9 months every year. Parents must know logically that their children are growing up, but even subconsciously they are bound to apply what they saw in their children at 11 in trying to understand them at 15.

Do you think Lily Potter will understand Harry's deep rooted desire to prove that he is better? No. At first she will only think about the danger that her child is in, but slowly, after some time will pass, she will realize that she does not really know what makes Harry "tick".

They are already keeping secrets from him, and as the conflict with Voldemort escalates, I doubt this will change.

Btw, notice the similarity between Tom Riddle and Harry in how they view themselves. The desire to show that you are better comes from the belief that you are better. Harry surely considers himself as "special". This trait is somewhat offset by the fact that he grew up in a healthy family...it will be interesting to see how this develops as he grows up.

Personally, I am hoping for him to become somewhat like young Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Powerfull, intelligent, but ultimately naive, idealistic persona, capable of thinking himself as worthy enough to change the world.

Kind of like Light from Death Note.

11. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Looking forward to the first time Harry uses legilimency on his parents and realizes they've been lying to him since first year about Voldemort.

No way is he going into Nathan's head again, not after getting a front row seat to his brothers wanking schedule. He better pray his parents have decided to bury their sex-life, or atleast aren't complete sexual deviants.

12. Dwitty

Dwitty Seventh Year DLP Supporter

This is a very nice idea for character development, that links up canon with Santi's fic very neatly. Which is all good and stuff. But the Light comparison would just be straight up awesome. Hoepfully without the highly awful ending that Light got. I'd use spoilers for that, but anyone who hasn't read/watched it by now, and cares, should be kicked in the face.

13. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Mod-Alert

So...

I just deleted about 30 offtopic and / or useless posts, posted since Nov. 15.

How about this: From now on I consider every offtopic post in this thread as trolling.
    The first post earns you a warning, the second an infraction, and the third a tempban.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  14. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

MINION IS THE 1%! OCCUPY DLP! :p

Anyways, I thought I'd brin up something I'm slightly apprehensive about. If the Triwizard Tournament is modeled after canon wih the exception being that Harry replaces Krum and Nathan becomes the fourth champion (with Fleur and Cedric remaining as champions), then I'm not sure how interesting the interactions between the champions will be. Basically, I hope canon is healthily disregarded in favor of more exciting fare. I might be getting ahead of myself here, though, because as far as I know Santi hasn't mentioned a single thing regarding his plans for fourth year. Does anyone else know more? (besides Santi, Melvin)

15. Kalypso

Kalypso Second Year

I don't know what you mean. The constellation Harry/ Nathan/ Cedric/ Fleur gives plenty of room for drama and tensions.

Harry dislikes Veela and if Fleur dismisses him as a little boy it will surely piss him off.

And even though Harry will probably know Nathan didn't enter himself after they were working together, he will still be furious about his brother being in the spotlight.

I think that there is much potential for conflicts - between all the champions, Harry and Durmstrang students, Harry and Hogwarts students, Harry and Nathan, Nathan and Hogwarts students, Harry and his parents...

And as for the tasks, maybe Santi will change them, but even if he doesn't I find the original tasks pretty dramatic and great.

It's just that there are so many rehashes of the TWT in fanfiction that it's often boring to read the same thing over and over again.

Santi could sure make even the original tasks really awesome, his Harry and the magic he introduced pretty much guarantee truly great fights and interesting tasks.
    I would like to see JKRs tasks done right by Santi, with a competent and driven Harry battling dragons, in the lake and fighting all the creatures in the maze.

The tasks themselves have great potential and Santi sure can use it.

16. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

I don't see what's wrong with the canon tasks. The first task has the champion facing a dragon in close quarters. The second has him raiding a mermaid village. The third has him going through a labyrinth filled with the worst creatures you can imagine. I think that the canon tasks don't need to be changed, just viewed in a grittier perspective. The way Rowling did it made light of the dangers of the task because of Harry's simple way of dealing with them, but in reality they're pretty bad ass.

17. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

One thing that I'm surprised hasn't really been brought up (that I can remember - I'm not searching 130 pages -_-) is the impact that Rita will have on all this.

With all the rumours (true & false) floating around about Harry, I expect her to be the start of Harry's 'infamy'. His relationship with Krum, his courting of Calypso Rosier (and her supposidly dead father), the various rumours that he hasn't ever contradicted (ie. Cursing students when they interrupt his no-doubt dark studies). It's a ripe field filled with half-truths and I wonder if his parents will question him on any of it - esp the dead father thing. Oh, and she could take the entire 'Harry entered the tournament because he's jealous of his brother' angle.... there so many different ways that Santi could use her to drive a rift between Harry, his family & the wizarding public in general (imagine him getting a howler for 'tutoring' Victor in various nefarious magics)

If Calypso were ever to capture her in a jar, I'd doubt she'd settle for mere blackmail.

18. KrzaQ

Rita would make a good first kill. I doubt she'll be able to disclose any real information that Harry would prefer to remain confidential, but she'll be a pain in the ass nonetheless.

19. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Maybe you guys are right regarding the Tournament just needing to e viewed from a different perspective than the traditional canon POV. And I suppose that after all this build-up Santi's not just going to do a canon rehash.

Rita will definitely be interesting, and I can see the potential for shit goin down because of her. I don't know if she's kill-worthy (not that it feels like Calypso and/or Harry are "ready" for that), but a good Cruciatus Curse or two wouldn't surprise me.

20. KrzaQ

I meant first cold-blooded kill. And not now, maybe in two or three years.

Not open for further replies.