1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Half-Blood Prince, the chapter of Slughorn's party, I believe.

2. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

This thread both depresses me and amazes me. It seems to be on the updated recently page every day, yet the story itself has not been updated in months. It really shows how strong the story is, to be able to create this level of discussion (amount, not necessarily quality).

Goes to show just how well Santi is able to write, I guess.

3. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

There has been enough people that have already destroyed this part of your argument so I won't touch to far into it. Just remember, don't believe the propaganda from one side of the war about the other side. They all lie to justify there cause and they all make the other side look as bad as possible.
    I was being sarcastic. This symbol ->:awesome to me is a retard yelling out awesome and should be taken as such.
    Oh, but she will. She will do very horrible things to that uppity mudblood and you know it.

And I would conclude given that it's not Nathan vs. Ron. It's Nathan, Harry, his entire family, Ron's entire family, and Hermione vs. Ron and that such an argument won't last nearly as long. In fact it might not even really last a night if his parents find out.

4. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Ron's family didn't find out about the argument in canon. I think only Charlie knew about the rift between Harry and Ron in canon.

Yes. Nathan has a family in this story. I don't see Nathan's parents interfering in a spat between friends. It is a problem which only Ron and Nathan can solve. I don't see Ron seeing past his jealousy towards Nathan before the end of the first task and by then, the rift will be impossible to patch since Harry is here to support Nathan.

I think the only reason canon Harry forgave Ron for his pigheadedness is because Harry wasn't used to having friends and people who stand by him in support before he met Ron and Hermione. I personally think Nathan would be better off without Ron Weasley and GInny Weasley in his life.
    Yes. I accept my defeat in the argument regarding the dangerous nature of the Dark Arts. I blew the argument out of proportion.

And yes. Santi is super awesome and hence the long discussions....Hope he updates soon.............:)

5. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

I don't think your thinking out the reaction to Nathan being selected for this tournament enough. Lily Potter upon finding out that Nathan is in the tournament it going to be furious and storming into Hogwarts demanding answers. She is going to clarify the situation for all of Hogwarts as only an angry redheaded mother can. She will no doubt figure out Ron's opinion on her own or Harry will tell her to give his brother piece of mind and relieve the stress that such a rift will/is causing. Or maybe Hermione will. Also remember that Lily Potter knows Mrs. Weasley, not only were they in the order to together, but they also know each other socially because of their sons. So even if Lily doesn't handle the situation herself you can guarantee that the mothers will be talking. Most likely leading to a hilarious howler for dear....dumbass Ron.
    I don't think anyone would disagree that Harry(Nathan) would be better off without Ron and Ginny Weasley out of his life.

6. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck is wrong with you? Lily Potter isn't Hot!MollyWeasley, she's a completely different person, your whole post reeks of fanon!Weasley hate.

7. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

What? Have you gone full retard?

One I didn't say she was hot(canon does support that), but I never mentioned it. Two she is red headed. Three, nowhere did I say they were the same person. Seriously what the fuck man? Did you even read my post?

After rereading your post I'm going to assume that you meant to say, "Lily Potter isn't a hot Molly Weasly". As opposed to, "Lily Potter isn't Hot! Molly Weasley, she's...". Big difference there.

As to Lily Potters personality in Santi's story we get a pretty clear picture of her. I would point you to how she handle Harry gambling and the general sternness when handling her boys along with the general feeling of her being very overprotective. As witnessed by her not wanting James or Sirius to get them brooms. You could have a different opinion, but I don't think she is going to take Nathan in the tournament well.

---------- Post automerged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I should mention that I was using angry red head as a turn of phrase and somewhat as a funny stereotype. Even still I doubt any mother hearing that their child is being forced to compete against their will in a dangerous and possibly life threatening tournament isn't going to react first with horror and than with rage. Note that in canon that Lily was known to speak her mind and didn't avoid confrontation and often met the challenge with a sharp and witty tongue.

I should also point out that Lily Potter is amazingly well connected in that school. Not only is she one of the most favored former students of Mcgonagall and Flitwick, she is the childhood friend of one Severus "Fucking" Snape. A childhood friend who just so happens to be trying desperately to get in her good graces. Tell me that Nathan is going to go through the same shit as canon Harry. Also she is connected to Mrs. Weasley as previously stated and will no doubt have a conversation about this whole tournament thing. I highly doubt that Ron will have the same reaction he had in canon and even if he does I think it will be nipped in the butt very quickly.

8. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  9. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Molly might scold Ron for acting like an idiot, but he already accused Nathan of cheating and turned against him when Nathan's name came out of the goblet.

Even if Ron apologises, I don't see Nathan taking back Ron even if Ron tries to make up before the first task. Even if Molly unleashes her ire towards her youngest son, Ron's pride won't let him apologise with Nathan....

I stand by my word......Without Ron, Nathan would stop slacking and would start working hard, hence becoming a better wizard.....

non-related portions removed

10. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They aren't a couple, they're friends. It often happens that in the real world friends have issues due to jealousy and get over it after a while, you need to drop the fanon shit.

11. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

As far as the Ron/Nathan dynamic goes I have no idea what you're talking about. In fairness I don't recall the Ron/Nathan dialogue in the last few chapters but I do know that Santi has kept Nathan identical to Canon!Harry. As far as I know (and I admit I don't recall whether or not Nathan and Ron got in a fight or not) the Weasleys and the Potters have no qualms and I don't see how your mythical apology (for something that hasn't happened yet) would affect the overall story. As far as I'm able too tell Nathan mirrors canon Harry while this Harry highlights how canon Harry could've been better. Overall you're making a lot of broad assumptions without supporting them one bit.

12. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

The Weasly were standing next to the Potters when Harry got of the train, but that doesn't necessarily mean they know each other. It would figure that since they both have light sided affiliation and strong connections to Dumbledore that they would run in similar circles or at least know each other.

Of course this is all moot anyway as Lily Potter currently does know Mrs. Weasley and has even gone so far as to allow her and her husband to come into her home. Given the dangers that the Potter's face I would say that Dumbledore apparently has vouched for the Weasleys if the Potters didn't know them already. I don't think it's to far of stretch to say that Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Potter are now friends or on there way to be as they both have quite a bit in common. I also think that Mrs. Potter in Santi's story treats the boys almost as if they were small children and isn't yet in the mind set that they're young adults and I believe she would contact Mrs. Weasely if she believe her son was suffering because of the stupidity of Ron. Pure speculation, but I could see that happening quite easily.

13. Rache

Rache Headmaster

“Sorry,” Nathan muttered. “I'm just so sick of everyone thinking I put my name into the Goblet. I didn't even want to compete, and now I'm stuck in the stupid tournament.”

This proves that Nathan had some sort of confrontation, where people accuse him of cheating.....That is the reason I assumed Nathan and Ron had a fallout.

14. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

What we really need to know is how much time has passed since Harry passed out and than woke up in the Hospital wing. If it's a few hours or a day or two than mostly likely they haven't had the big confrontation yet. The accusation of cheating came immediately as soon as he was named champion and the other schools realized that Hogwarts now has two champions, but the big Ron confrontation took awhile to come to a head.

15. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm not sure that confrontation will even take place. Ron has seen first hand what it takes to even try to cheat the goblet.

16. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  17. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

While I know that this thread has been beyond remedy for at least 5800 posts I'll continue to at least try to keep it from degrading even further. I have done it before here and I won't hesitate to do it again:

The following persons are asked to never post in this thread again:

1. mohan123456
    2. cenares

Both managed to lower the quality of this thread to a level rarely seen before. I doubt anyone will miss their posts.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Lungs.

The following persons may post in this thread now:

1. Lungs

18. Jfarble

Jfarble Muggle

I'm just gonna post my theory right here.

Harry helps Krum and Nathan in the tournament and does not end up in the grave yard, Krum could survive, I don't know or care. They get back and Voldemort is announced but no one believes it, ala cannon. This makes a very very large wedge between Harry and his family. He goes back to Dumstrang, worrying less about dark arts.

If we are going with the Grindlewald similarities, we should go with Harry getting expelled for either making an inferni, or the elementals. Then after his expulsion, he is still on the outs with his family, and empties his trust (maybe that haven't heard of the expulsion yet, or they want to hear his side in person before he is disowned or some nonsense.) and decides to go traveling, because yes he is a dark wizard, that in no way means death eater.

Please ignore the grammatical errors in this post, I'm tried from a long shift and need to get his off my mind before I can sleep.

19. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Being similiar to someone dosent mean copying their past down to the t- it means them being similiar in nature, otherwise it lacks originality.

20. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

I gather you mean Harry helps Krum and Nathan for the tournament, but only Krum ends up in the graveyard.

I don't understand why Harry wouldn't believe both of them that Voldemort was back. One of them is his brother, and the other is his best friend.

If he wanted to, Harry could just use legilimency on Nathan to see what really happened in the graveyard.

It seems like a really poor excuse to drive a wedge between Harry and his family imo.

Not open for further replies.