1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

Dont tempt him KrzaQ... please?

2. syed

syed Supermod

People have talked about harry becoming unpopular at durmstrung, similar to how nathan suffered at hogwarts. The thing is part of the reason he is high up on the food chain even with his pedigree, was that he was a capable dueler and not afraid of fighting his enemies. THey might not like him, but who really wants to fight a guy capable of fighting off multiple magic users all at once, before he was forced to pull out dark magic. There might be some that would attempt their luck in an altered status quo of a new headmaster, but after harry has made example of enough of them, they will go back to staying out of his way.

3. Redsayn

Redsayn Slug Club Member

... Well I didn't expect anything else from Syed.
    Also, I doubt Kira will be that much of a problem, and why is everyone saying Krum broke up with her. I re-read the scene and he didn't, the only evidence at all is, and I quote:

"Well, it was worth a shot,” Calypso said casually. “Pity, if Viktor had stayed at the dance, he and Megara would have definitely been over. Still, that relationship looks done.” Placing a kiss on Harry's lips, Calypso happily said, “Tonight has been wonderful, Harry. Thank you.” (-The Santi)

It wasn't confirmed, just HEAVILY implied.

4. gbbz

gbbz Professor

I will do a bit of theorizing right now. Simply because it has been mentioned here and there but not as a seperate argument.

What do you guys think will cause Harry to go full amoral Dark Wizard, or even whether he will become that in the end?

Truthfully, I think (as I have mentioned before) he will try to help Nathan fight Voldemort by utilizing questionable techniques (all the Evil Dark Magic, maybe Horcruxes and so on...). I feel it would be consistent with his portrayal in this story and his ambitions. Harry is not a hate filled homicidal maniac, he is simply somewhat morally lax when it comes to bettering himself and achieving his goal. Casting Unforgivables on rival school students, even if they attacked you with intent to harm qualifies as such, I believe.

What Voldemort said in the first part is also something we should keep in mind (that his family will turn on him, once they realise he casually practices Dark Magic). While Harry's family, both close and extended, will not understand his fascination with the Dark Arts and will try to persuade him to stop pursuing them, I don't think it will cause that big of a rift. Harry will of course refuse, but I can't see him simply ditching his family even after that. If that would happen it would reek of bad fanfic and teenage drama. This Harry is more mature than that.

To sum it up: I'm not sure as to the actual execution but I don't think it will be something totally out of the blue. Santi did foreshadow some things, though they may be red herrings as far as I know. I think it will be similar to the Parseltongue and advanced combat magic against Pettigrew matter. Harry will push some easy solution that Nathan will reject, conflict arises.

5. syed

syed Supermod

In his fifth year, the ministry tried to get his wand snapped and him expelled. I wonder if they will go after harry for dark magic, as a way to deal with the potters. They tell the public, do you really believe a family with a dark wizard in it? Harry might have stay in durmstrung as he could have an arrest warrant out on him for dark magic. Currently, he is simply hiding his experiments from his family, could aurors be able to detect traces if they searched themselves?

6. Haze

Haze Second Year

What are you talking about?

7. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

Why the fuck would he be arrested for "dark" magic unless it's illegal, or did he AK someone without my knowledge

Edit
    Also why the fuck would the ministry want to go after the potters

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  8. Gene

Gene Third Year

It's really not that hard to see, and it would be a pretty interesting idea! It's not even close to a stretch to assume that what Harry's doing in Durmstrang is illegal in Magical Britain, and for all we know laws of magical societies might apply to all citizens of that society, regardless of residence. (Or, to use an analogy: breaking Magical USA laws in Magical Britain might be treated the same as breaking them in Magical USA.) We know that the Cruciatus is illegal, and he's used that more than a few times.

We know very well why the ministry might go after the Potters: hatred and distrust of Dumbledore and other, rival, popular figures. That's, like, the entire reason behind book 5. It's not hard to see a politician with a grudge and some bigoted underlings trying to discredit Dumbledore and co. by harping on about how his surrogate grandson is a dark wizard. I honestly expect something of the sort.

9. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Because Voldemort.

And to be truthful, Harry has used Cruciatus on a human, so it's not inconceivable that he dabbled in slightly-less-but-still illegal magic.

10. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

Wait why would they enforce their laws if they are broken in other places also how would they prove he broke them in durmstrang, though kraQ is right I completely forgot about that

11. templar627

templar627 Squib

Yeah, but I really saw that as a result of Harry refusing to play by the rules. Whereas you have guys like Lucius who can play the game who probably did a ton worse shit than Harry influence government.

I really don't see this Harry being as ignorant as the OTL Harry about the magical government.

12. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Going through the last pages, I don't thing this thread should have been re-opened - and I hope it stays closed forever.

Get an IRC-Channel where you can spam each other to your hearts content. It works fine for Wildbow's Worm. I.e. IRC-Channel: irc://irc.darklordpotter.net/santibwl

Or use a social group where you can create different threads for every detail you wish to discuss.
    Here I created one for you: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/group.php?groupid=183

It works well for cxjenious' "Prince who was promised". You might take that group as example: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/group.php?groupid=157

Addendum:

As I have been asked on irc:

The library threads are indeed for discussing certain stories and their updates.

Indeed this thread is used to discuss the story. But due to its 6000 posts no one is bothering - or actually able - to check if what he/she is going to post was asked or discussed before. Thus certain topics come up again and again.

It's basically discussing an entire universe with its different details within one thread. Further after every update this thread soon degenerates into wild speculations about what might be come up next, why certain pairings would work and wouldn't work, etc.

Some examples:
    - the recurring Horcrux debate, esp. if Nathan is a horcrux
    - how did Nathan survive the killing curse
    - the recurring speculations if Harry is or is going dark
    - Harry/Calypso
    - Harry - Grindelwald

To use a social group with one thread per topic instead of one huge cluttered thread for everything really was successful with cxjenious' story.

p.s.
    And of course it's just a matter of time until people start asking when the next update is due.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
Not open for further replies.