1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If I were you, Santi, I'd be proud. No, really. How many can claim their story thread had so many replies that people started organizing indexes.

Hell, I even named a journalist in my story 'Santi'.

2. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

And how do you do this?

And santi write MOAR please.

EDIT: Never mind figured it out.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  3. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Great story, Santi. When I first followed the link you provided in my intro thread, I have to admit that I was a bit wary of reading another 'Harry's sibling is the B/GWL' fic. I was pleasantly surprised. I agree that it might be easier to create a separate thread with just your writings in it, but I don't care much either way.

I don't think I've ever read a Durmstrang!Harry fic, and I believe you've handeled it well. I think the arrangement of the rooms is unnecessarily tedious though. Since all the rooms are (originally) identical, wouldn't it be easier to have separate dorms housing specific yearlings? Then just change the labeling before the next term begins.

Besides that and a few other minor details that have been mercilessly pointed out by everyone else here, I can't find anything wrong with the story so far. You've made Harry's abilities believable, unlike most Powerful!Harry fanfictions, and his progress isn't completely ridiculous.

So far I'd rate it a 5/5. Keep up the good work.

4. Sagita

Sagita Fourth Year

Wow, there are no words to express how awesome your fic is.

I've never liked fics where Harry had a twin that turned out to be the boy who lived however your fic hooked me up from the moment they turned out to be friends with great parents (instead of SOBs that prefered the BWL).

Then you made the impossible, you made the fic even better by not turning Harry or Nathan into the sidekick of the other guys, instead each one went his own way and ended doing great things by themselves.

As far as I see it Nathan is in fact cannon Harry with parents and some magical background while Harry is what our hero should've been.

Love the characters, your portrayal of Krum and his rise to fame is incredible. While talking about Krum I wonder, whatever will you do to his girlfriend? They seem to be in love so my guess is that this time around Krum won't fall in love with Hermione.

I'd love to read more soon, fics like yours are why I joined DLP, keep up the awesome work.

P. S. Would love to see Harry breaking Grindewald's record however my guess is that our hero might only be able to tie with him.

5. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

I have a question. Is the story meant to be canon events different because of a change in the past, or does it take place in an alternate universe altogether?

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

What's the difference?

7. Anme

Anme Professor

You can either have one event and all the differences to canon flow from that one event. Most done is Harry being sorted in Slytherin.

Or you could have a universe where there is a lot of stuff different, not linked with one event.

8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Most-likely another universe. Because adding another baby into the mix wouldn't exactly compel Harry's parents to have their grandparents babysit anymore than in the original universe.

9. Azeld

Azeld First Year

Sirius is the secret-keeper in this if I remember chapter one right so thats another difference. The kids only went with Lily's parents for the night because Peter convinced them.

Ive reread this story for probably the fourth time already. If its still going to be 30-35 chapters like you mentioned awhile back it'll probably end up one of my favorite Hp fanfics ever, along with the Denarian series and TLIL.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  10. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

This seems like the first one more; the big difference being that Harry has a twin brother who is the Boy Who Lived. All the differences are just the result of Harry being different.

Anyway, since I walked into being ninjad, I have to talk about something else. Why does Harry remember so little about his surroundings? Sure, at first it was unsettling to see so many menacing people, but not every kid in Durmstrang can be bad, and I seriously doubt there are only three people who want to know anything about the little prodigy.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  11. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I think it's better that way, because we don't have countless OC that will not make any difference in the long run.

12. Anme

Anme Professor

I think it is a combination of Harry being pretty asocial and Santi not wanting to have a lot of OC's in the story.

13. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

It could also be because Harry's friends with Calypso, a Rosier,a family famous for supporting Dark Lords. He's also friends with Viktor Krum, who's is considered a failure because he willing to give up education for Quidditch. His friends could be a turn off for many students who would have otherwise became friends with Harry. Anyway, there's still plenty of time for Santi to come up with new OC's to befriend Harry. He only been in Drumstrang for a year and a half.

14. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Creative license is given because it's boring to reader and writer alike to have minutiae about ever idiot Harry comes across.

Harry sat down and nodded to the boy next to him. Frederick, a boy Harry had been partnered with a few times and occasionally studied with when Calypso wasn't around, nodded back. "Today's gonna be a bitch," the boy said gloomily, gesturing towards the board where an enormous potions recipe waited for them. Harry nodded once to show he understood, but couldn't be fucked to form any more energetic response. Instead, he turned to his left, gazing across the classroom until he saw Elia, whereupon his otherwise grim mood was temporarily lifted, a silly grin flickering onto his face. 'Her tits look great today!' Harry thought to himself, lingering a moment longer as she reached down into her bag for a quill.

Now subtract the tits and multiply by a million. That's what happens when Harry has lots of friends all demanding equal amount of writing time.

15. Azeld

Azeld First Year

I wonder if breaking Grindelwalds record would make him more popular or less. Would his status be equal to Krums at school now or would he just be more feared?

Also wondering if it will have any effect in England other then a small story in the paper. The Hogwarts teachers and his parents know how smart he is from his first term scores being perfect but do they truly realize hes a Dumbeldore or Riddle level protege?

Provided Harry and Calypso dont have a permanent falling out it would be funny seeing her scare girls away from Harry like Kira does for Krum. Being as inept socially as he is I dont know how he would react to hordes of people suddenly wanting to be his friend.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  16. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

I'm pretty sure it would make him even more feared then he already is. We already know that Harry transferring into two third year classes made people fear him because Grindewald was the other wizard to accomplish the feat. Any Grindelwald record he beats will just add to his fear.

17. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Every time someone posts in here that isn't Santi, including me,

a freedom loving American dies!

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You mean you didn't get to read the upate yet? Sucks bro.

:awesome

19. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Seratin, instead of teasing people here you need to go and write more Contagious. Fucking slacker :p

20. Sagita

Sagita Fourth Year

I just came by here to say that I've reread the fic while waiting for an update, I'm still loving it.

Does Calypso has a crush on Harry or is it just my imagination? All that research seems like she is trying to know if Harry is good enough to marry with a Rosier.

Not open for further replies.