1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Potter and The Halcyon Phantasmagoria by PhantasmagoricBlade - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by e1, Aug 21, 2008.

1. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    The Voice thing is rather similar to Regulus RSeries where Harry had his "Dark Side" represented as a totally different entity. Not bad idea over all but must be handled carefully to avoid an over boring angst from the protagonist who is unwilling almost until the end to tap into his full power and hurt somebody close to him.

That said - I'm loving the story so far. It's been some time since I read the previous chapters but what I remember was somewhat exciting action within well planned plot.

The addition of the Veela and Vampire clans speak for an epic story in making, and as long as the author doesn't loose interest we most probably shall have one.

The only dislike I might have with it so far is how Fleur was included in the picture, but as she is yet to fall head over hills for the 'little scrawny boy' there is still some chance for us to see another good ship developed. Although experience says:
    QFT Andromalius... super incubus powers are a bad recipe for developing ships... if any are planned at all, that is.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Something about The Voice rubbed me the wrong way.

I honestly would approve of an "Inner Harry" trying to influence him and acting as his darker side, but what we're presented with here seems to be more like an outside entity attempting to possess him that Harry is in no way related to.

There were some lines in there about The Voice granting him powers that I just didn't appreciate. Harry was born as he is, as far as I'm aware, and he's just now awakening his powers. However, The Voice doesn't seem to see it that way. The speech about being really old annoyed me because what I would have liked to see here is a coercive dark!Harry and not some random evil entity that's trying to possess him.

It just didn't seem to fit in quite right with what was already written.

3. nuck

nuck First Year

with the newest chapter I cant help but notice all of the things from wheel of time that he's thrown in there... There's the voice, which is similar to Lews Therin, then the description of the veela powers are eerily similar to the one power

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  4. Magic_Kirby

Magic_Kirby Squib DLP Supporter

The author appears to have deleted all of their work. I did a quick google search and couldn't find the story anywhere else. Also it appears blade hasn't been active in fanfiction since 2009.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Thank god, one less abomination out there.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

TBF, there was a lot of improvement in his later work, though it was Naruto rather than HP. Far better than...whatever this was.

7. SnowBlack

SnowBlack First Year

Anyone got a text file for it somewhere? The summary sounds intresting but the link is dead.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Thx for the info.

I added a textfile as attachment.