1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Invincible TechnoMage by Clell65619 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by boghi8462, Dec 14, 2007.

1. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Well look at this, a weakness, according to NPR's new Literature bit they just started today that is a sign of good writing.

"that's a joke, son"

So so chapter, with a few nice tidbits of back round info, I think Albus was mishandled, but...

Your mileage may vary. Happy New Year.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  2. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

I just cant seem to get into the fic.. I think reading Terminal Justice ruined all other marv uni fics.

3. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Pathetic Dumbledore in the latest chapter as well. 2/5

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Anything with the words invincible in it's title generally sucks. It didn't disappoint me and i was correct. It did not hold my intrest past the first chapter, and i generally like iron man....

5. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

New Chapter.
    Points for..... Gentle use of flashbacks to flesh out the story, the selection of Tony Stark's body guards.
    Points against.... Dumbledore should win some fights, other wise the story has no tension or drama on that front.

6. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I agree thepagan. Problem with stories that have Harry has a genius or mega-competent prodigy is that they tend to focus on him easily crushing all comers. If the protaganists are that worthless there really isn't much impetus to read about Harrysue's latest effortless conquest.

7. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

For example dumbledore should have been able to pull his trick, causeing retreat by Tony and his aides, .... Or maybe not?

8. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

Hmmmph, I meant antagonists in my previous post.

9. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated, bridge chapter with more back round on Harry and Tony Stark.
    Minor fluff warning, minor dumble bash warning.

Crazy idea, if Harry is getting the support of Marvels heroes, maybe Voldemort should uses some of Marvels foes.

Or maybe Not?

10. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

didn't finish this story after the second chapter. The only way to salvage this story would be to let Voldy's side somehow embrace muggle technology - story is plotless otherwise. And Harry's armor tentacles reek of Doc Octopus, not iron man. Fail.
    1/5 - I'll write my own Marvel X-over, instead of just talking' shit. It IS a thought-provoking idea.

11. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I really enjoyed the way Harry slapped Snape down HARD during the first Potions class. The rest of the story is too fast and the Marvel crew is *grossly* overpowered compared to the British Wizarding World.
    This story proves my position that HP just doesn't crossover well. At least 90% of the HP crosses are baaad... and this one is, too.

1/5 (because the Harry/Snape was fun)

12. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

This didn't put my interest at all. Not to mention the way the author setup Snape so pethatic it's not even funny. There is a reason why he survived being an agent. And even he would know when to back down.

It's kinda obvious the author has a huge bais against the characters that makes this story just not worth reading, pretty much leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

1/5 for good writing style but not having any good comman sense to writing a good crossover story.

13. Alec_potter

Alec_potter Squib

Pretty ok from my point of view as I was never into marvel comics universe that much...
    3.5/5

14. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

The majority of the cross-overs I've seen are pretty much insta-fail any-damned-ways. This one is definately not an exception to the rule and I'll rate it at 2/5

15. Xanos

Xanos Card Captored and buttsecksed

i like this fic...yes harry is overpowered and its full of cliches but i like his attitude...its the same one as tony stark have in the new movie...

"Is it cool if i take a picture with you?"
    "Yes...its very cool"

thats the thing i'm talking about...the attitude...

PS: and a ego the size of jupiter...

16. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

It is fun to read, but not really breathtaking.
    A good light read and something than brings a smile to my face and let me laugh a bit.
    Sometimes a bit too long in the past for my liking (I mean, after some flashbacks we know what happend or have at least a good idea and nothing was described that was unknown)
    I give it a 3.5/5.

17. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

I just saw Iron Man. This fic is official fail.

18. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Jesus I forgot about this fic...having seen the movie makes it suck that much harder, but I still kinda want to see the Xover attempted successfully. Thoughts?

19. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

A Harry/Potter Marvel crossover is hard enuogh to be good as it is. But when crossed with Iron Man it makes it nigh impossible. Uber techonology? Or uber magic? One of them has got to go, thus making it stupid.

I can imagine one where Harry loses his magic or something, but is helped by Stark to make a Magic/Techno suit. Incorporating magical things used in wands such as Unicorns tail her or something, then using technology as compensation for Harry's lack of natural magic. But that still seems like it would suck to me.

20. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

It's a hard call, choosing between tech or magic. I was thinking of doing a magical version of the suit as well, but a helluva lot of other things would need to be on place first: wizards don't have satellites, surveillance, or databases to hack into,no set "power source" for anything they use, etc. I dunno, I might attempt it- at the least, I can look at Technomage and know what NOT to do.