1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Invincible TechnoMage by Clell65619 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by boghi8462, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I want to see an X-men crossover that doesn't involve Harry being Draco's soulmate...

Yeah, I like X-men more than Iron man. Although I haven't watched the movie as of yet. I'll watch it when I'm not riddled with assignments.

2. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

The problem with X-men crossovers is that Harry is almost always given either Wolverine claws or it's said magic is his mutant power. Bullshit.

I've always thought a crossover would work best with something like Swampthing (not Marvel I know), Dr. Strange (duh), maybe the Avengers or something. I guess it depends entirely on the skill of the author, there’s a lot of versatility to a HP/comic crossover but few people skilled enough to carry it out.

I personally, had always aimed for a HP/Watchmen crossover. I started to plan one out a while ago, but dropped it due to indecisiveness. I think it could work...probably not though.

3. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

In the main, I consider cross-overs fail material. This one was semi-interesting, but not way up there on my interest scale. I'll give it a 3.5/5

4. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

You know what irks me most about this? Not the fact that it's superduper!Harry, or the fact that it butchers both universes. The title: Harry Potter AND the Invincible Technomage. Supposedly, they're the same damn person. When the title fails, it bodes ill for the story itself.

5. Renzhoulawyers

Renzhoulawyers Sent Back to India

I actually quite liked the story. The style... hell 5/5; plot, 4/5 and sure the characters and situations may be a bit ridiculous and over-exaggerated, but if you suspend belief, it is quite enjoyable. A solid 4/5 from me.

As for the author notes in first chapter... if you guys took the time to actually to read it, and suck so much at English not to realize it's a lymeric (not sure what type), and it mirrors that of the sorting song >.> Well, i expected more from the DLP community.

It's A LOT better than some of the high school PoS in the current library.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  6. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Marvel/HP crossovers normally suck (unfortunately), and this one's no different. I won't go into why, as there's a bunch of previous posts detailing all of the moments of failure - that, and you actually like the story (LOL) so what's the point?

As for the DLP community, we have no fucking clue what a "lymeric" is. The presence of a limerick, however, still won't help this shitty story. Considering most people here think the Sorting songs (both canon and fanon) and songs in fanfiction at all equal gayfail, you won't win anyone over to your point of view.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  7. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Someone needs to do a "Sorting Hat" Haiku. I remember one scene (I can't remember anything else about the story,) in which it sings Pink Floyd's song, "The Wall."

I've never liked that song, but man... I just stopped and giggled for a while. Humor is all in the timing and the circumstances, isn't it?

8. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

That was Clells Marriage Contract fic.

Bobmin just started a HP/X-men crossover over on ffauthors.net

9. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Potter Law. Japanese anything in HP = fail. Someone'll do it, though.

Yeah. Jean Gray = Lily's long lost sister. Harry = Scarlet Witch + Charles Xavier. On crack.

Can you smell the failure and vagina sweat? Cos' I do.

10. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Yup, I can. Someone requested a non-buttsmex X-Men , so there it is. lol

11. Akuma-san

Akuma-san First Year

i coundn't take the story after the first chapter. Epic fail 1/5 not even going into it!