1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the new powers by ChemicalGenocide

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Seratin, May 10, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Potter Law is not the be-all and end-all of fanfiction. -__- Many good fics break it.

2. Brian64

Brian64 First Year

^ _
    o_O

Is that it? Potter Law is optional? You know, I agree with you, but seriously, why would anyone break the law over this fic?

Never mind. I've decided that 'Serious business' must be DLP code for 'time to fuck with the noobs'

There's no other explanation I can think of. No story should have author's notes in the middle of the text for chrissakes. There's just no tolerating that shit. Not even for a dementor semen staff, as much as that cracks me up.

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The author's sister should be writing this. Dementor semen? That shit is brilliant.

4. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Yes. The author is probably a troll, no doubt. I highly doubt this broad is even going to med school.

5. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I actually had that (with another twist thrown in) as a wand component in a story I was writing a few years ago... but that story was purposely being written as a parody of HP fanfic clichés.

An entire chapter was devoted to the stereotypical shopping spree. Highlights included, of course, buying the magical trunk mansion, books on uber-magic from Flourish and Blotts, and getting a second wand in Knockturn Alley.

It also took potshots at Time Travel, Ron, Vampires in Little Whinging, Friendly Goblins, Ron, Griphook, MaleVeela!Draco, Multiple Animagus Forms Harry Never Uses, Ron, Machiavellian Dumbledore, Written Parseltongue, Memory Downloads from the Future, Ron, and how Rape in Hogwarts is Like Saying Hello.

But yeah, I'm not sure if I should feel smug or annoyed that something I thought up as an original idea for a parody of bad fanfic ended up getting used in actual bad fanfic. Maybe I was using my Inner Eye (while this author seems to be using their 'Brown Eye').

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008