1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the NofP by S'Tarkan - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Feb 22, 2006.

1. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

Well I Like this story and it has just updated 5-13-06
    PEACE

2. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Lol @ Harry being 30 years old and powerful enough to defeat Voldemort, yet he was injured in a duel by second year Draco fucking Malfoy.

3. CGB

CGB Auror

I think it's a decent story. The whole Harry/Ginny crap is a huge downside.

4. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

Yeah but he never dueled Draco he was attacked from behind. I think there is a huge difference.

I agree the Harry \ whore shit is annoying, but the Ginny in the story i feel is better than regular Ginny. She is less worshipful of Harry and less critical of him. Even though Harry has some female emotional problems from seeing all his dead friends, He is less of a retard at figuring shit out and he's independent from Dumble. The whole Oclumency thing was cool bit keeping shit from the old focker.

The Chapters are longer than shit too, which is a huge plus, not to mention the writing is better than most. If i were to rate this story, I would probably give it an 8.5 out of 10. Hating a story because of the pairings is stupid, only time i ever hate a story is when it is Slashed. I hate slash because it’s way out of character, its also gay. I like the characters to be kickass and being homosexual ruins any chance of that occurring because then Harry is more worried about accessorizing his wardrobe and making sure his shoes match his robe.

5. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I can't stand the sheer amount of fluff and angst.

It seems he can't ever look at his friends without getting lost in details of their murder.

And WTF is it with all the romance??!! They are 12! (or, for Ginny, 11).

What irks me the most is Harry pretending he can just manipulate all his friends into loving each other, thinking he is doing what is right for them to find their "soulmate". And then he gets critical of Dumbledore.

Dumbledore may be a manipulative bastard, but he doesn't play with your heart and maneuver you into relationships that you might not have wanted otherwise. He is doing stuff not for personal gain, but rather his vision of the Greater Good.

Plus, this isn't HIS Ginny, and yet he acts all possessive of her and is deluded with a dream of finding his old girlfriend in a 12 year old child.

Frankly, if I was Harry, I would be disgusted with all the kissing and affection I'm showing. At 12, yes, I understood that girls were not in possession of "coodies", but I still would not go around kissing girls shyly and holding them, giving them my coat, etc.

And it just reaks of pedophilia. If some 30 year old guy started looking like a 12 year old, and started coddling another 12 year old, isn't that disgusting? Even more, this 30 year old guy has some deluded dreams of molding the 12 year old to the perfect wife.

I PMed the author, but he doesn't at all seemed concern that his prepubescent characters are acting extremely OOC and mature, as well as sitting in each other's laps and kissing each other.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yup, Amerision, that's the one problem I have with this story, the fucking fluffy bullshit. I can stand fluff and romance, but not when the people are 12- years old! Especially when one of the twelve year olds has memories of thirty years.

7. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

Come on who doesn't like a pedophile!Harry?

8. TheIllusiveOne

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. SLASH SUCKS

SLASH SUCKS Backtraced

YES YES TheIllusiveOne you already posted that.

It's funny you guys said you hate the fluff because i seriously have just skipped it when it pops up, its how i read fics now. This technique has also helped me auto grammar fix shit without even noticing it. I feel like a human spell checker, but its like i can understand bad spelling like its normal.

This, I think develops after you have read alot of fics that are too wordy. It helps to get to the meat of the plot without wasting time on romance and shit, but sometimes you go wtf is going on, but then you realize its something you skipped earlier.

Most of those flashbacks in the story i've skimmed just to get the jist of what happens and I ignore most of the emotional crybaby shit. It's obvious all his friends are dead at some point in time, so the flashback is just filler and usually unnecessary information.

I didn't even know there was some "hooking up" as i probably skipped it at some point. I dont know that someone was in someones lap kissing i must of obliviated that shit from my mind Amerison.

10. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

All the cack with Ginny is annoying and im only on chapter 4...

What has really nobbed me off is the fact that Draco, year 1, has cast a summoning charm (4th yr) and Stupefy (dunno, but its well ahead of first year)...

Im not sure why harry got flitwick to teach him a silencing charm either. Unless it was to keep up appearences. meh...

11. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

updated, year end quiddich match (one of the better games that I have read)
    fluff, filler and fights.
    three stars or more in the epilougue catagory

12. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

For some reason, I've been reluctant to read this fic. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get interested. I'm giving it time, but I still haven't gotten the proper motivation.

13. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

Unless you REALLY like H/G and eleven years old going all fluffy than it isnt really worth it... lots of people say it has a great plot but i really couldnt see it anywhere...

14. TheIllusiveOne

Don't bother. This fic sucks, and anyone who says different is probably dickriding the author because he's on FFA. I'd rather read Kinsfire then this.

15. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

Isn't that a bit... extreme? I remember your objections to Kinsfire's fics, and from what I've read of this fic it's not all that bad. Maybe I've become just so good at scrolling past any excess mushiness...

16. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

TheIllusiveOne: Have you actually read this fic? While it definitely will irk all those anti-Ginny people here, it is well written and doesn't come close to the diatribe and lack of character development that is Kinsfire. Sure, its H/G, but at least the "romance" for the 11 and 12 year olds is realistic and not a 20 year old relationship at 11. The blush, they like people, thats it. No sex, no mature sexual thoughts for anyone other than Harry. In fact, other than the fact that it is H/G and that Ron and Hermione are around, this is one of the better time travel fics out there. Dumbledore is realistically manipulative, but not evil dark lord Dumbledore. Snape's an ass. They got rid of Malfoy. They matured Hermione's, Ron's, Neville's and Luna's characters realistically. Sure everybody is a little too goody goody at the end of it, but everyone is 12 and the author chose to make Ron and Hermione good, not traitors.

On the other hand, kinsfire can't right emotionally realistic characters, a strong willed Harry or people who are consistent if (s)he had too.

This might not be the first choice for most people here because of the H/G aspect but it isn't a bad story.

17. TheIllusiveOne

I don't even care that it's Harry/Ginny. I care that Harry is a Thirty year old man acting like an 11 year old idiot. I hate the fact that for some fucking reason, Malfoy is as good a duelist as Harry is despite being 12 years old. I hate the fact that Harry is an over emotional moron. There is nothing new about this fic. There is nothing entertaining, there nothing even remotely innovative about it. It's a fluffy piece of trash.

18. Flamata

Flamata First Year

I like skimming through the chapters just for the occasional glimpse we get of his "original life". I really enjoyed the chase scene through Hogwarts and the brutality with which he dealt with the Death Eaters.

So my opinion of this fic is, it went downhill when he sent himself back to his younger self. Which I suppose is basically the story. But I have to admit, this guy does write good action scenes.

19. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Its been updated. I'm becoming horrified by my curiosity. I don't care what he says about maturity and all that rot because they're not that deadly yet in the first place. The H/G is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to perfect in this story. I know its a popular story and all but now that I think about it the H/G pairing has almost everything I hate about it. Only thing not present is the hero worship but still present is the SOULMATES and BEST FRIENDS FOREVER thingy.

20. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

But that was a killer sequence...... I thought it was all over ........
    any more would be spoiling.....