1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Parting of Ways by supermantitanium - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Jheph, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

Title: Harry Potter and the Parting of Ways
    Author: supermantitanium
    Rating: M
    Genre: Angst/Drama
    Pairing: none
    Summary: As Harry deals with the aftermath of his 5th year of Hogwarts he makes choices that he other wise wouldn't and breaks ties with the people he once thought he could count on. RHr Hmultiple pairings rated R for violence and other stuff.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1514208/1/

=====================

Published: 09-09-03 - Updated: 07-15-04
    As you can see, it's quite old and used to be one of my favourite.
    Its link, I found buried in my bookmarks.
    A classic Pre-HBP fanfic, nonetheless it’s an interesting piece of fanfic, too bad it was abandoned.
    I don’t remember much of the story, so please excuse me for the lack of detailed review.

2. KateL

KateL First Year

The author needs to find the enter/space bar on his keyboard, it's so hard to read all bunched up. Too many spelling/grammar mistakes to wade through, (super pet peeve). Could be a pretty good story if it was cleaned up a little, too bad it was abandoned. (another pet peeve)

3. Ppsh

Ppsh Raptured to Hell

This story is... good... but at the same time, i found it disgustingly hard to read. I don't know why but i think its the way he has about 600 2 line paragraphs in his story. I couldn't even finish the first chapter, but of what i read it seemed alright.

4. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This one needs to go. Aside from the terrible style, there are more cliches in chapter one than I've ever seen in a single chapter: tears for Sirius, 10 million galleon inheritance, shopping trip, super!books from Knockturn Alley, and here's the kicker: he purchases Grindelwald's wand from Ollivander, who for some inconceivable reason just had it lying around his shop.

After that the story becomes literally unreadable. There are almost no paragraph breaks in the rest of the story, leaving the reader to wade through walls of text that are at least 1,000 words long. It was mercifully abandoned long ago.

1/5