1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Potter and the Rune of Alacantera by Mione5 - K+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Dark Syaoran, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Yeah, it was an unexpected twist with Hermione, I didn't see that one coming....

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I hated it... for some reason I like Ron in this story... I dont know why. That bloody empath shit has been used before and in this fashion. I really hate it.

3. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

yea i hate it too, it would've been a better twist if hermoine really hated harry. I love ron always but in this story he is written especially well. As for ginny, i hope she gets turned then someone decapitates her :D ..

4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

WTF @ Pussy/Ignorant/Loud!Harry?

5. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

LMAO! @ Malfoy making Harry look weak in that duel. Man this story effectively ruins any chance that Harry might have been a decent duelist/charactor/vampire.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

You do realise that he was weakened from the poison... and using wandless magic? Hrmm... it is annoying though.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, it's original, if nothing else...

Vampyre!Harry is usually independant, strong & mysterious kick-ass character...

So why not, for a change, make him into a weak, sniveling pussy, who cries while feeding and appologizes afterwards? Why not give him super-vampire speed just so he could run 2 miles to help some old lady across the street? Why not have vampire-slayers leave him alive on purpose just so his sniveling and overall pussyness would completely ruin the reputation that vampires had been building up for thousands of years?

So yeah, original at least. :)

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I have read what is written in this fic so far, and it's ok...

My main issue with the fic is that the writer is a very goal oriented person, and they are not good at disguising it... They have one basic plotline (romance, turning, Vamp! Harry), and a bunch of undeveloped (or unwritten) sub-plots that go nowhere. The writing is to direct, and EVERYTHING revolves around the plot. Now for certain authors this is a key feature of their work (see Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code) and it works VERY well... However this writer is either not skilled enough, or not experienced enough to make it work. The end result is an ok fic that needs some work on subterfuge, and needs to be a bit less rushed.

9. sirius009

They should change the name to "Harry the Vampire who was a pussy" i started off liking this story then it just went to hell after about the last chapter..

10. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I have to say I agree with you there......I really liked this story when it began. It had an original plot and it was a Vampire!Harry story which I am a big fan of, but the author is really ruining the story. I can handle one , sometimes two scenes of a "crying" Harry, but three? Yeah, I don't think so. The first time was, "ok, he was just tortured, understanding..". Second time "uh.....I guess it's alright, I mean he just .."saw" his parents for the first time", but then he was almost in tears during the fight with his friends and that's when I started getting pissed. Another thing was Snape. I can handle a friendly Snape, but it has to be well written and they can't make him out of character and have him nice just for the heck of it. And what ever happened to Dumbledore being in "control" of his emotions? He seems to get pissed at people and snap at them an awful lot in this story, oh well. If the author fixed up these points then I'd really enjoy this story again, but if they're just going to continue the story on like this then I'm going to stop reading it...It truly is a shame the way this story is going down hill, it had a lot of potential.

11. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

From the way yall this describe this story,it blows.

Imagine 4th movie,came back from the graveyard crying on Dumbles.Is it like that when he cried?

A wussy Vampire Harry?Wow,maybe the Author should check out some books on Vamps or watch some movies about it.Vampires should be able to hide their emotions,they don't cry cause of some petty argument.They have superhuman strength,that means he can break peoples neck or bite them if they annoy him.

12. sirius009

I know you would think since harry is a vampire, basically immortal and has all these vampire traits, you would think that he would be out there kicking ass but all he's doing is being a pansy. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next chapter harry starts a focus group, writes that he likes sunsets in his journal, buys a man purse, and joins Oprah's book club...

13. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

*Snicker* Sure it was Oprah and not Dr. Phil?

14. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Pussy Vampire

Someone actually got to the last chapter on this? I got about halfway through the second one then it slapped me in the face that Mione5 managed to make Harry a pussy even with him being a vampire. Also I know its not slash but that part with Harry crying in Dumbledores arms almost made my lunch revisit me

15. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Oh i made it through the whole thing Sephiroth just so that i could laugh then proceed to throw a tantram because of all the weak shit that was spewed forth. "Oh my god she's disappeared for 3 hours to the minisrty WAAAA im lost with out her WAAAA i cant lose her to BOO HOO i love you snape your the father i've never had." By the God's this is testament that the world is turning weak!

16. sirius009

Re: Pussy Vampire

I am a brave soul, not only have a read the first chapter, but all of them as well, and if harry somehow becomes even a bigger pussy, i say we move the fic from general to unreccomended or even to humor, it is funny how there is a vampire harry story out there where harry is scared of his own shadow..

17. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Last Chapter

You poor, poor men. All the way to the last chapter, the horrors you must have seen...well not horrors so much as brain melting displays of why slash authors should not try and write non-slash fics but I get off topic. If you two got all the way to the end of this then congratulations to both of you you did something I almost puked trying to do.

18. The Lord of Chaos

The Lord of Chaos Slug Club Member

Just a big warning to anyone out there who got through all the previous comments and still want to read the story. First off the story is finished. But second about half way through, out of nowhere, it is revealed that over the summer Harry was raped by dursley, something I'm pretty sure will put most people off the story. For some reason the author thinks that the story only merits a K+. :confused:

:mid3

19. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Thanks for the warning. Now i can stay away from the fic.