1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the World Beneath by Tellemicus Sundance - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Averis, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Lord Eressar

Lord Eressar First Year

That's why I think It's a good name, It's exactly what J.K. would have named him.

About the Last Crusade scene: Did anybody notice how Bill didn't mention anything about the raiders' attack on the other curse breaker or how, even though it especifically said so in the story itself, they couldn't really take anything because (if Bill works for Gringotts) the whole expedition is indeed paid for by the goblins.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. neopyro

neopyro Third Year

HOLY SHIT! It IS a Dinotopia crossover!

Nine trillion/5

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  3. Mage Ronin

Mage Ronin Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Fuck. It's idiots like you that make me miss the old days of the bloody DLP where we ripped, shredded and murdered stories to their barest bones and essence! where we were a fucking trial by eternal fire! Where we didn't stand for stupid poorly planned attempts at fanfics such as this!

We were a standard that most authors wanted to reach! Our name was well known for being the harshest critics around!
    And when all the ripping, shredding, and murdering was done, we extended an olive branch to help rebuild the story into something worthy of DLP.

Face it Averis. This fic is shit. It uses the facade of dinosaurs and a wannabe Tarzan of dinosaurs to fail-fully hide the blatant the lack of forethought and planning to put wannabe Tarzan and Fleur together.

And Fleur. What about Fleur? If we didn't accept the bullshit J.K. gave us about Ginny and Harry, what makes you think we should accept this 'monster in his chest' crap? Secondly, it's Fleur. That alone should make us expect better out of this fic.

Overall, a 2/5. 1 for originality. 1 for decent writing.

YES we fucking can!

4. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Wow, look at the cock-sure douchebag.

The purpose of the library isn't to tear apart stories just to rebuild them in our image. It is a list of stories that people like us (the few sane fanfiction readers) would like to read, with helpful reviews and suggestions of improvement.

The fact is that despite the rather silly story elements here, this fic is told in such a way that I enjoyed reading it. And I will enjoy following it, as well.

5. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Damn right we were. Only the best of the best could hope to be put into our library. Stories like Dakaath: Prince of Darkness and Potter/Slave of Dragons that contained fail Japanese ninjas, demons, gods, poorly thought out romance, pointless bashing, Harry knowing aikido, and epic fail such as the following quote could never hope to get into our precious library.
    Oh wait...they are in the library.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  6. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Why don't you hop off of this fic's Jurrasically-awesome nuts and take your fanon-influenced passion elsewhere, hm'kay ?

7. Mage Ronin

Cuz you're sucking those milky nuts, eh Blaise?

How about you all get off y'all lazy ass and actually critique the damn fic the DLP way and stop giving "awwww, itz got cutesy dinosaurs" fanfic like this a fucking EZ pass!

The story is original. I get it. I have my eye on it too. For fuck sakes, TS is one of my favorite authors. BUT that's not gonna stop me from telling the truth about this fic.

Yay, it has dinosaurs! Move the fuck on! It has horrible character interactions. The characterizations are off. Let's not talk about the Jurassic-sized plot holes. It's on the verge of epically failing if he doesn't plan this shit right!

yeah, proud to be a DLP.

And the purpose of DLP was to be a higher standard than everyone else. So if being the higher standard is our 'image', then our library is to reflect that standard, that image.

digitalstorm, that fic better be in the Recycling Bin...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  8. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Hey, 'critic' isn't a verb; why, it's not a verb at all!

Oh, uh, did I interrupt something? Serious Business?

I'll be going then.

9. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    @Mage: You can tell you're wrong when the OP doesn't even have to say shit in reply because three other people have already told you you're wrong. But just in case you haven't figured it out (which you obviously haven't, judging by your last post), I'll let you in on little secret. You're wrong. Wanna know why?

This story fucking rules.

And dog, how are you gonna talk about longing for the old days when I signed up for this site before you, have almost three times as many posts as you, and honestly - I can't recall seeing anything you've posted before. Then again, I'm sure I just overlooked your insignificant ass in the past. Still, you've got some nerve dragging this out of For Review just to call me an idiot. Too bad nothing you said did anything to prove your statement and in fact, what you did say, made you look like the very thing you accused me of being.

You fucking idiot.

10. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I agree that our standards are higher than 99% of the fandom. This fic, quite obviously, meets those standards. You can tell, because most people posting have been defending it.

So STFU.

11. Mage Ronin

Yeah, by ignoring the fact that it has several key fail elements that DLP never withstood for.

12. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Oh FFS. This story has a rating of 2.70 for now - so it hasn't met the standards of the DLP community to get into the library. That said, everyone has a right to their own opinion and can express it - as long as it pertains to the contents of the story.

For an awesome dinosaur fic though, go read Thinking in Little Green Boxes. Granted, most of the DLPers don't like it (I think it's kicking around 2.90 range), but it has a chapter where Harry gets turned into an Allosaurus and rampages through Central Park. Much more entertaining than Harry going feral.

13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus christ, just because you don't like the fic doesn't mean that everyone should fucking hate it.

Get the hell over yourself.

14. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

You aren't some Jurassic age original member. The people you are arguing with have been here about as long, or longer than you. You don't have to tell them about what DLP standards are.

Secondly, even fucking Poison Pen is doing better than this story, I have no idea what you are talking about.

15. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

That's a slander, sir, and I shall not withstand for it.

16. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Whoa. Let's not go there. An actual HP/Dinotopia would be ridiculously awesome. This isn't even close.

17. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

It's a somewhat original idea that I didn't really like and think it should go to the recycle bin. (1/5)

18. AAli

AAli High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Chapter 6 is up now.

19. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

20. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

Reminds me of that hunchback from 300. Also, this story isn't terrible. I wouldn't say it was the greatest thing ever since a wild Harry doesn't particularly appeal to me. If anything it makes me long for a Harry Potter/Lost World crossover in which Harry goes adventuring with Daphne...