1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the World Beneath by Tellemicus Sundance - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Averis, Jan 21, 2010.

1. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

... I wasn't either. But he commented in this thread, and he opened another two 'challenge threads'. One of them is in the Hall of Shame.

2. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Well, shit. Shows that I have to pay more attention, then.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I like this story a lot. Dinosaurs and Fleur, what more could you want?

5/5 very original and refreshing.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So, we most know the news, that fuck the author decided that he was not man enough to write a good H/F, and instead opted for friendship. Bloody friendship.
    And as Epicgeekfail has already stated, the only way the fic could be saved after that would be with this advice:
    [​IMG]

But in any case, addictedforlife said he's doing his best to get that pussy to grow a pair, but I suggest that we also contact him on his FFnet account for the same reason. What do you know, it could work.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. addictedforlife

Though I doubt the effectiveness of this, go ahead. If I may say one last thing: Don't simply flame him. That guy got an ego, and at least part of the ego is centered around him believing that he is... you know, reasonable, and stays so, when people start flaming him.
    So be... as polite as you can, and say you like the story, but would looooove H/F as more than friendship. Or something.
    Whatever.

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Or you know. You could let him write whatever he wants and stop being annoying little douches.

Just sayin'.

7. addictedforlife

Story got updated.

Some weak parts, many more strong parts, IMO. But then, I'm probably biased.

8. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

Crap. I thought at first it was dellacouer's World that waits. I quickly made a sandwich(salmon and cheese), moved the laptop outside, prepared and eager to read a long chapter by the sea breeze. Then when I looked closer... damn.

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

This.

/10chars

10. anks

anks Squib

This is one of the few Good Harry/Fleur stories.

I am glad that it has been Updated.

11. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

Good to see the update, but there were parts of this update that were great and parts that were horrifically shitty. Too the point that I could see myself abandoning this if it continues.

Addictedforlife you should be ashamed of your role as a beta for allowing the Manipulative!Dumbledore. Christ that shit is so old, so fucking worthless, and the worst part, so over the top that gravity can no longer hold it in check.
    I can not begin to understand how authors can still use such characterizations for Dumbledore. It is even more disappointing to see this type of cliche writing from the guy who joined harry and dinosaurs together.

That said, I still enjoy reading about Harry himself. His relationship with Fleur is refreshing from the trash Shipers produce.

In the end this update makes me hope it will be abandoned so that Caveman!Harry+Dinosaurs isn't tarnished by the Dumbledore bashing.

12. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Manipulative Dumbledore? Christ, not again. :facepalm

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Dinosaurs, super-powered Harry with wandless uberleet conjuring, the ability to carry dinosaurs that weigh twice as much as he does, magic-catching gloves, and various dinosaur tooth weapons that trump wizards. He kills a horntail with a spear.

Also even though he can speak perfectly well when he becomes a caveman, he loses that ability over less than ten years. Considering he thinks in English, how on earth does he lose the ability to speak? And furthermore, when Fleur assumes he can't speak, why does she talk to him in English instead of her native French?

The writing quality is decent, but at best this is a 2/5.

I wouldn't even keep this as a guilty pleasure considering it's only 75k words over 2 years.

14. addictedforlife

Huh. Haven't been his beta for some time. Last conversations we had on this story were like... 6(?) months ago.

15. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

You two have a falling out, or something?

16. addictedforlife

Not really. Came down to conflicting schedules in the end, I guess.

OT: Manipulative Dumbledore is manipulative Dumbledore is shit. If I were still beta when he came up with that idea, I'd have smacked it down immediatly. Other than that, I still find myself enjoying the story. Churchey has a point though. The update rate does decrease my interest in the story immensely.

17. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

A lot of the great stories had some form of manipulative Dumbledore so I think that attribute alone isn't good enough. I think where it gets tedious is micro managing/controlling or evil manipulative which are mostly just vehicles for some form of bashing. This chapter seem to have the micro controlling silly mind monologue version which sucks, agreed.

18. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

There is a difference between Dumbledore being manipulative and manipulative!Dumbledore.

One is the result of an old genius being surrounded by idiots that would just get themselves killed without his help and one is the result of a retarded protagonist needing all opponents dumbed down until they finally look smart by comparison.

This was looking so good :(

19. Mephos Attra

Mephos Attra Squib

I would give this story a 4/5 due to the fact that I have never read a Harry Potter fanfic with dinosaurs like it and the Harry/Fleur. Other than that, nothing else comes to mind, but the story is still going on so I'll hold my tongue until more of the story gets added in.

20. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The author was heavily, heavily counting on that when he wrote this.