1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the World that Waits by dellacouer - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Raggerd, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Boo

Boo Auror

School was already under attack. They even had Magneto helmets unlike the movie school attack

2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I thought the school was already attacked?

And I have a question about Cancer - isn't Harry concerned that she may affect him since he's not a mutant? Or did we decide that wizards have the X gene?

Canon HP sort of suggests that wizards aren't susceptible to mundane ailments, but then again Sirius is holed up with radiation sickness.

I'm confused.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sirus may not develop cancer. We still don't know.

Also the source of his ailment was the veil, which is magical in nature. (Which itself brings up the question of where the veil comes from in realities where there are no wizards).

The constant referral to Midnight having black skin I'm still finding odd lol. Someone should perhaps remind dellacour that normal people ahve black skin too <_<

And yeah, I do recall that the school was already attacked now that you say it. Though I don't think that attack was the same as the one in X-2, was it?

4. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I think dellacour is trying to emphasise just how unnaturally black Midnight is and, despite any sort of racist views, I have yet to see someone 'black' black.

Or perhaps dellacour is a secret white elitist. Who knows?

:confused:
    ^Click

5. della_couer

della_couer Second Year

Laughs, yep you caught me. Just let me dig around and see if I find my nazi paraphernalia, just so that I can finally complete my white hick persona. Ah, the joys of being ignorant and bigoted.

But seriously, Midnight really is Black, as in 'midnight black' as in pitch.

And who really is black, crayon color black. Who is white for that matter, I'm probably penciled at that classification on some census but since it's summer I'm rather tan, thank you very much. (And isn't 'pink' really a more accurate term anyway?)

But hell, I'm a fanfiction writer first, so who really cares. I suppose the only thing that matters is that the description wasn't clear enough.

-Della

6. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Sweet, an update.

I was a little suprised at Scott's slight hostility towards Harry, but the backing of Logan makes up for it. Glad were gonna see some action next chapter though.

7. capo327

capo327 Sixth Year

Unfortunately not much happened, but I guess there should be a lull after action. Or perhaps the calm before another Storm? See what I did there? >_>

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  8. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Somewhere between updates I feel the thread of Harry being a little off and distant was lost. I feel the transition from that sort of odd character he had to this rather typical teenager affected by the moods of authority figures characterization was too fast. If there was a transition at all.

Beyond his characterization I still enjoyed the "what happened" part of the story. "Jailbreak" was a nice touch, one of the more original alternate names I've seen, instead of bolt or emerald or raven people usually come up with.

Rogue's dilemma was a very nice touch. I hope to see her confronted with it again, but that might not happen since she is a side character. Harry's own questions about the situation was a good element too. Especially about the comparison between the kind of fight he was used to "Good vs. Evil" and the one faced by x men.

Very nice update all around. Just want to see Harry's characterization to have a more steady evolution.

9. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Yeah. Harry has gone from seeing himself as a weapon to seeing himself as a typical teenager pretty quickly. He doesn't feel like Harry Potter, defeater of Voldemort. Just Harry Potter. Only he is the defeater of Voldemort.

Like... he has the power to be a god to these people, and instead is going to class with them, and is completely content in doing so. He seems so normal, which I know is all that he wants, but still... it feels odd that he's lost almost all identity as a wizard already.

10. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Honestly I get the feeling we're being set up for a "You want power? I'll show you power!" moment, and I really don't know how I feel about that.

And frankly, I was surprised he didn't tell Charles to keep the hell out of his head.

11. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Those kind of moments make me feel all tingly and squishy inside... if theyre written well.

12. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just having finished catching up, I have to say i'd be looking forward to a "I'll show you power" moment, but only if its pulled off well.

As much as the story is interesting right now... I don't feel that there is much of a direction to it. We need a main plot to really be apparent... but thats just my feeling at the end of it.

13. Lord Wolfe

Lord Wolfe Squib

It's been 4 months since the last update... For some reason, the best of fics take the most time to update...:(

I agree that the story needs a main direction/major plot, but from what I remember, there was something building up at the end [of what's online] - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4388682/10.

14. squiz

squiz Squib

It really has been a while since the last update now so hopefully an update should be out shortly.

15. cataclysim

cataclysim Second Year

Author check!

I have it on good authority that the Author has suffered a massive brain aneurism :eek: and will not be updating anytime soon! May she/he recover quickly so that he/she may complete this GREAT story!! :banana:

16. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

I don't think the banana should be attached to that.

I do hope the author is alright.

17. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Woah, ok. That came out of nowhere. Sucks. :/

She was a decent writer too.

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

We believe a guy that uses a dancing banana why?

19. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm wondering who this "good authority" is.

20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Yes, please do elaborate on the source of this information.

Della's good people and exercising caution in evaluating such claims is warranted.