1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the World that Waits by dellacouer - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Raggerd, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Update. Pretty good stuff here.

2. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

It's nice, but the cliffhanger sucks.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Oh god dellacouer. You stopped at that point!? That's evil. Plain evil.

Awesome chapter anyways, good to see some action happening and the plot moving forward rather than some teenage angst.

4. capo327

capo327 Sixth Year

Great interaction between Harry and Wolverine and awesome ending. It's been a while since I read the story, so the ending actually surprised me.

5. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

One of the few decent crossovers with X-men I have seen.

However, some times the flow of your writing is incredibly ... odd to read. I'll point them out later, but they are small errors that ruin the scene you try to portray.

Its good but it could be a lot better.

6. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

I don't understand what Kang is talking about when he speaks of flow errors, seemed to read just fine for me.

Harry and Wolverine are at times a little too comradely for my tastes, I haven't read many of the comics but Wolverine always comes off as a more suspicious fellow and he seems just a little too readily accepting.

Also Harry's encounter with Midnight makes it seem like she's the first black person he's ever seen, which seems a little weird considering Kingsley.

"They cut out his voice box."

Not too sure why but I cackled when I read that >.>

Great new chapter the interaction continues to be fun and the plot keeps developing nicely.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I dunno if I'm reading it wrong, but I didn't think Midnight was naturally, you know, normal human black (afro american and what not), but more, 'painted black' kind of black, as in mutant non-human skin tone style?

That could just be me reading it wrong though, and she's just plain ol' black girl.

4/5. Harry seems too much of a one-eyed man in a land of blind people. Sure, his magic makes him special and 'unique', but he's still only using stupefy and alohamora, and thus, in the end, he still only has one eye . . .

I guess I just wanna see some nifty transfiguration and what not. More 'magic' like stuff.

8. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

Not to mention portkeys, summoning charms, occulemcy, notice-me-not charms, invisibility, levitation charms.

Oh yeah, and he transfigured a medical bed to a four-poster.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yes, I believe Della meant that Midnight was actually pitch black.

10. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

New chapter. I have the niggling feeling that Magneto is going to turn out to be this dimension's Dumbledore. Dont know why...

Edit: In retrospect, this doesnt work, what with Magneto being in his 70s (?) and Dumbledore being as old as dirt...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  11. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I liked this new chapter a bit more than the last one.

I'm really hoping they don't start world hopping for the sake of world hopping though. Unless Harry somehow finds that 3rd world to hook up with Fem!Sirius - just for the creepy factor.

12. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Man I was excited to see how quickly della had updated. We finally get lots of answers. Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.

Nothing terribly awe-inspiring here, just some clear forward progress on an excellent story.

And I'm not too worried about world hopping. Could come into play near the end of the fic, but this is a HP/X-Men crossover. I doubt it's a nine or ten chapter setup for leaving the X-Men and mutant war behind without any sort of conclusion.

This is easily one of my favorite WIP fics at the moment.

I am wondering if perhaps these "Rats" might be more than simple mutants as well...

13. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Possibly because they're played by the same actor? :)

A nice, fast resolution to the cliffhanger of the last chapter. Great stuff.

14. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I enjoyed both of the new chapters. Definitely one I'll keep watching.

15. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Gandalf. Dumbledore was played by a couple of different actors, since the first came down with a bad case of death.

16. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Excellent chapter. I really like where this is going. It seems like it took some ideas from Dimension Hopping for Beginners. I really, really hope that he does something like that, only with Sirius tagging along and not being constricted to HP like worlds. A 'Universe Fixer' does sound like a job only Harry could have, and I believe this author can pull it off.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  17. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Good recent chapters.

I doubt it will go that way. Dellacour's written scenes where Harry ponders over whether or not he should give help to the mutants, and ultimately he ends up helping out because that's what he does. That's the feeling I get from this. At the end he might go on through to a new dimension though.

18. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I doubt Harry will settle down in the current universe he's in... though having read the author's other crossover, I could see it happening, but it's more likely he and Sirius will leave once Harry's assured the world can handle itself.

I was hesitant when the author suddenly introduced Sirius, but he seems to be improving the story, rather than derailing it.

I wonder what kind of magic Sirius can do with his blood...? Or was he just referring to charging the gateway?

This story's only just begun, which is a little disheartening.

19. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

The trouble here is that resolving the conflict in the mutant world is one hell of a task compared to killing one measly Dark Lord.

And I'm being serious here.

Either the story won't have the epic scale that you're envisioning, or Harry is going to go God!Mode and lead the world to peace.

Despite how overpowered he may seem right now though compared to your average mutant, I'm not convinced that he has a real advantage over the top characters when it comes to power.

20. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This story is really well-written. :D

Even though I know next to nothing about X-men, I found it easy to follow the plot-line and get a good feel for the characters.

My only criticisms are that there's a little too much foreshadowing and Harry's characterization shifts too much, making it hard to clamp down on his personality.

Great job, della_couer!