1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter crossovers you want to see

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Download, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not how I'd do a HL crossover but we certainly need more of them.

2. MoltenCheese

MoltenCheese Seventh Year

Not exactly a crossover per say, but a Harry Potter story with the Inside Out concept might be cool. Especially if it explores how occlumency/legilimency works. And maybe even have Voldemort's horcrux as a major character, like Joy or Disgust.

3. ashlands of the cold

ashlands of the cold Second Year

I think earlier in this thread someone said Harry Potter crossover with Warhammer 40k.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to make a crossover with Warhammer Fantasy instead? I mean, it's still grimdark, just more appropriate and heck, you can just transport him in either Brettonia or the Empire, hell try Albion, there isn't much on that place.

4. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Harry Potter/How to train your dragon

A Harry Potter from a world where the fight with Voldemort or the hunt for his most devote followers is still going on washes up on the shores of an island of the barbaric archipelago. No wand, no clothes, nothing.

He can still change into his animagus figure (because it's cool and gives him mobility and an edge), which means there should be magic. Getting very desperate to find his way back he decides to get a wand, even if he has to make one himself. As he is about to kill a dragon for its heartstring Hiccup and Toothless show up and attack him and even force him to retreat.

An increasingly desperate Harry preying on dragons and the vikings hunting him.

Long-term you could even think about crossovers into Frozen (nod to Republic) or Tangled.

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

If you allow Apparition without a wand, then it's an insta-win for Harry.

If you don't, then he still may have Legilimency and other useful tricks, but he's at a serious disadvantage.

6. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

I would rule Apparition out, because like you said it's overpowered.

I would give him an avian animagus to grant him mobility between the islands and fledgling Legilimency to sense intent or detect lies. Harry would be 18 or 19, a young adult forced to grow up rather fast.