1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter crossovers you want to see

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Download, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Buffy, yeah... Hp magic tends to be horribly overpowered in that verse, though... And fuck any Xander centered bullshit.

Firefly. Might have to re-read Browncoat, Green Eyes soon.

Magic: The Gathering. Harry and Voldemort battling across the multiverse. Anyone? Pleeeease?

2. Punt

Punt DA Member

The Gunslinger and the Mage was awesome so I would love to see another well written HP/Dark Tower crossover.

3. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I may have found something worth exploring.

[​IMG]

4. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

It shits all over HP and wanks the shit out of BtVS, just like 99.5% of the BtVS/HP crossovers I've seen, so the question of whether or not it's worth reading is up in the air.

5. Oinyal

Oinyal Fourth Year

I've wondered for a while if anyone would read a Danny Phantom/Harry Potter crossover. Not where the heroes meet, but where Danny and Harry are the same person. A proper world mesh. I have the plot down, and I have the bare bones of the first chapter written, but I don't know if people would read it in the WBA. It's still going to happen, but it would be nice to know if DLP would bother with it.

6. Andrela

I'd read it.

7. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Always had a weak spot for Danny Phantom.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't mind reading a Shadowrun crossover of some kind.

9. Andrela

Ah, Shadowrun. The poor man's Cyberpunk.

10. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I could see something where Harry gets ghost powers or is considered "dead" in some way due to Voldemort trying to kill him, but a story where Harry's just fourteen when his parents build a very strange machine, so to speak, might be a bit weird.

By the way, Danny Phantom as a concept deserved someone way better than Butch Hartman executing it.

I've got an idea for a Harry Potter/Madoka Magica crossover buried somewhere.

11. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Now I want this really, really bad.

Yeah, I had a huge crush on her as a teen.

Not being familiar with Danny Phantom, my natural distrust for American Cartoons as viable story worlds rears it's head. But being one of the better ones I saw (or rather, snippets I saw), I'd be willing to at least give it a try. So long as the story's tone wasn't too immature or cartoonish.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  12. Andrela

A man with a fine taste, I see.

I talked about this once in one of the previous Plot Bunny threads.

13. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

The Harry Potter/Lion King is something I really want too. I thinking of a plot bunny with it.

Now my dream is a Harry Potter/Mr. Norrel and Jonathan Strange, not at the same time as the mains story, maybe earlier or better, later, Victorian England and the British Raj with HP, Sherlock, Magic and some Steampunk? Please.

14. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Harry Potter/Jonah Hex or Harry Potter/Constantine. Any good ones out there?

15. Syno

Syno First Year

I'd actually like to see a HP/Naruto oneshot where Voldemort meets Orochimaru. That would be a hilarious encounter.

16. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Regarding an Buffy/HP crossover... Most of the ones I've read stick Harry in the BtVS universe and go from there, but those never really work for me.

I'd like to see the opposite. Say Buffy and the rest of the Scoobies are all chasing some form of 'Ancient Evil' and they have it cornered, just about to use the magic spell from the book or the macguffin or the whatever to get rid of it.

Just before they manage to finish it off, a portal opens and the 'Ancient Evil' grins and dives through with an off-hand comment about 'summonings never coming at such convenient times, what luck' or some variant of that.

Buffy and the Scoobies end up following it for whatever reason you choose. Maybe they don't want it to go screw up some other peaceful dimension or come back later, maybe they get sucked in with it against their wills b/c of proximity, whatever.

They all pop out into what they expect to be a Hell Dimension, except it's not. It's the HPverse. Voldemort summoned the 'Ancient Evil' to help him in his quest for world domination, but it's already long gone.

In order to get back home the Scoobies have to slay the Ancient Evil or do whatever else related to finding/defeating it. Only since it's gone and teamed up with Voldemort, that might be a bit harder.

And of course at this point they'd run into our HP characters who are attempting to get rid of Voldemort. This could be at almost any point in canon for either series, though I think 5th year might work well in HP given that it's shortly after LV got his body back and Harry and co would be 15, which would mesh reasonably well with Buffy and her friends at 17-18.

We're in the HPverse with minimal changes, so hopefully there won't be bashing there. Buffy is a BAMF and with a little help from Giles can probably learn to kick ass in a world of wizards. Willow can start picking up some spells of her own. Oz can get an earlier start on his werewolf control or whatever and maybe learn to transform outside of the full moon. Giles is book dude doing research. Anya is a freaking demon with centuries of knowledge, I'm sure she'd manage to be useful. That just leaves Xander and Cordelia (assuming an early series xover), but a clever author will find ways of keeping them semi-relevant.

And there you have it. What I think would be a decent start to a Buffy/HP crossover fic, that puts the Scoobies in the HPverse to catch an 'Ancient Evil' that they were after that has now teamed up with LV.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  17. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A decent HPxWarcraft fic would be nice. One that isn't a Horde wankfest, preferably.

Not having everything with a vagina climbing over each other to be a part of his harem would be a must.

HarryxSylvanas, ideally.

Pre Blizzard's butchering of her, ofc.

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I'd settle even for that so long as it isn't gonna turn into harem/pairing-shit.

19. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fair enough. The Harem thing is definitely the bigger issue.

20. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is this going to be pre being cut down by Arthas?