1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter crossovers you want to see

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Download, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I prefer Ghost in the Shell for my dose of Cyberpunk.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It occurs to me that Hogwarts already has a xenomorph alternative...

That'd be a pretty good idea for a story. Seventh year post LV, everyone has gone home for Christmas bar a dozen or so and somehow a certain Basilisk is on the hunt.

You'd need a blizzard or some other space alternative stopping people from dipping, lol

4. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Harry Potter/Cthulhu Mythos. It would perfectly work with Chamber of Secrets plot. Instead of it being a simple cavern beneath the school with a giant snake, let it be something out of this world with an even more nastier creature than a basilisk. The Mythos are full of such beings. Or maybe explore, one of Lovecrafts best creation - the famous Necronomicon. Let it be a malevolent entity on itself. Hearing voices, smelling like rotting corpses, other texts turning into fragments of Necronomicon, etc. And it being a jelous book. You put it on shelf with other books? Soon they lie on the ground ripped apart and only the Necronomicon sits on the entire bookshelf in its unholy glory.

Harry Potter/The Witcher. Celestin and I have been brainstorming this for quite some time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  5. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I cannot fully emphasize how much I came at your first idea, Jibril. WRITE IT.

6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I assume you meant to say "nastier" there. And also, what would be the point? Do you just want everyone in Hogwarts straight out dead when the Chamber gets opened for the first time? How would have Salazar or anyone else even controlled the creature to make it do anything that itself didn't initiate?

So... Monster Book of Monster? Sure, it's not jealous, but it does tend to destroy other books.

7. melior

melior Seventh Year

Great questions for anyone working on the plot. Here's how I would answer them:

Who says nastier means more immediately fatal? To reference Worm, it would be a Simurgh to your imagined Behemoth.

How could Salazar and Voldemort have controlled the creature? They didn't...they just think they did. Why do you think they ended up among the most hated wizards in Britain?

Tickle the spine of the Monster Book of Monsters and it'll open up and let you read it. Tickle the spine of the Necronomicon and you and everyone you've ever known will be considered lucky if you get to die.

On topic:

More HP/Disgaea and HP/Calvin & Hobbes

8. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Who ever said that Slytherin controled that being or that it wasn't the beings plan all along? I ment something more malevolent and sinister than a giant snake that can kill with sight. Something more subtle, which Slytherin apperantly had a hard on for. Maybe a creature that feeds on dreams of children. Slowly driving them towards nightmares about alien worlds and strange skies, with unspeakable beings flying high above? Making the students tired, more on edge, more prone to acts of violence, and all tumbling down towards one giant orgy of agression and violence.

I did not emphasis the malevolence of Necronomicon. It doesn't just destroy books. You're not reading it and instead are playing with your kids? Your entire house with kids inside goes up in flames, and the only thing to survive is that blasted book. When you don't study it, you see people as walking, dcomposing corpses, you smell like a rotting corpse. The book in itself eminates an aura of decay and death. It's constantly surounded by a halo of flies and other flying insects. You left the book on the table and your cat got curious? Well, you know what happenes when a cat is currious? And now imagine Hermione Granger, stumbling towards that old, dusty, abandoned part of the Restricted Section with that old bookshelf with just one book chained to it and to the nearest wall. Let the fun begin.

9. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

For about the tenth time... PLOT BUNNY THREAD is where you discuss plot bunnies.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Just let the conversation flow ffs

11. Stan

Stan Order Member

12. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Jurassic Park crossover in which the scientists responsible for cloning dinosaurs somehow get their hands on a dragon DNA.

SCP Foundation crossover in which the Foundation discovers the magical world due to Voldemort's attacks in the Second War.

13. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've ever so slowly been writing a HP/SCP Foundation crossover in the form of SCP reposts and inter-department letters. My idea was that the SCP Foundation discovered the Department of Mysteries about a century back and secretly took over. Writing clinical reports isn't what I'm used to so it's slow going.

14. Gene

Gene Third Year

I'm always up for more and better HP/Dresden crossovers.

Outside of that, I suppose I'd like more DCU interaction in place of the constant "let's make Harry Potter an Avenger!" stories (many of which are good, if a little similar.) Maybe a few more esoteric combinations, like with Zelazny's stuff. More Discworld related stories wouldn't hurt either.

Oh, and Lovecraft. I want to see more Lovecraft.

15. Warburg

Warburg Seventh Year

I'd love to read a good(even passable) HP/Warhammer 40k crossover set in the 40k universe. It would be extremely interesting to follow Harry trying to survive in that hellhole of a galaxy. I die a little every time I see a virtually indestructible Harry that's somehow been turned into a Space Marine.

16. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Unless he somehow ends up on one of the paradise worlds of the Imperium, he wouldn't survive. Hell, who's to say he'd survive even there either? Either a Black Ship comes to pick him up, or something from the Warp takes interest, and while Harry may have survived his fair load of shit in the HP-verse, 40k isn't nearly as forgiving and it's just too plain over the top.

While I agree that it's stupid to turn Harry into an Astartes, you have to remember it's just one of the most viable ways that he's going to survive past the initial few chapters. That said, I have never read a fic where Harry got turned into an Astartes. What Legion/Chapter would even take him in?

17. Gengar

High Score:
    It's very rare these days that I read something I think is English and still have no idea wtf is being said, lol

18. Warburg

Warburg Seventh Year

I believe there's a possibility of Harry surviving, especially if he's an adult wizard. Arriving on a world that doesn't have a large Inquisitorial presence is a must of course and giving him some form of mental resistance(dare I say Occlumency, the most overused mind art in existence?) against the forces of Chaos would also go a long way to helping him.
    Those fics aren't exactly big on realism or accurately depicting the Warhammer universe. It's a power fantasy that usually involves putting under powered obstacles in Harry's way and watching him rip the apart with his bare hands.
    [​IMG]

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

You don't have the security clearance for this, obviously.

Yeah, but still... even paradise worlds have Adeptus Arbites and their own psykers. Someone's bound to notice him, Occlumency or not. And you gotta remember that he still his magic, which can be quite reality-shattering after all, even amidst the usual 40k fuckery.

Ah, fair enough. Might as well make him into a Night Lord from 30M, when Curze was still around and Nostromo was still in one piece, and then ship him back to Hogwarts for some reeducation of the Death Eaters and what terror truly is.

20. Warburg

Warburg Seventh Year

No disputing that someone's bound to notice him but there's a lot of ways for a competent wizard to escape quickly and avoid notice from most people.(i.e. Muggles)
    A world like Iocanthos would be "perfect" for Harry to avoid the cleansing promethium fires that ultimately await any heretic or unsanctioned psyker. Provided that he survives the early days of course.