1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter: Enigma at Work by BlueMagikMarker - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ip82, May 5, 2006.

1. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Again, your only assuming, since you have read only.. 4 chapters at the time. Assuming and forming opinions are to different things.

Alas, Blue is being realistic about how Harry changes. Not just from Liking them to Hating them within one chapter, in reality it should take time, if he even wants to hate them, since they are his first friends. So hes gonna compare things against them, untill he has a reason not to.

Should have read what he posted before this last post I guess. "shrugs"

This isnt the place to rant and argue so I'll stop.

2. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I loved this story. I found it very entertaining.

If you just recieved a review today, BlueMagikMarker, from a spazy person cursing out her email for lying to her, that was me. Yes, I'm the one banging my head into the keyboard.

I really don't mind the fact Harry's character defers a bit from cannon's, actually, I like it better this way. Who's to say Sirius' death and the prophacy didn't shake a few screws loose! It's different, well written, and updates frequently, so I'm happy. ^_^

3. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

Yes, I did get that review, and I liked all of your '*bangs head onto desk*' expressions. I'm glad you like my story, it's been fun to write... I may have a bit of a 'God' complex, but I'm still on the fence about it.

On a side note... well, actually this may be the main note.
    I just updated, so go read it and tell me what you think. The chapter was hard to write (for reasons stated in the 'Author's Note') and it was a bit different than the rest of the chapters, so I'd really appreciate any kinds of comments. Tell me what you hated about it... or preferably, what you liked, if anything.

4. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

An excellent chapter! :D I loved the task he was given. Switch it with a Department of Mysteries approved speech? *snicker* Brilliant. The way Harry completed it was particularly entertaining also, "For all he knew, the ministry had an entire department full of super, ninja warriors" *grins* The way your Harry character reacts to things is amusing.

I didn't even notice the fact that it didn't have much dialogue until I read your note on the top of the chapter afterwards. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but the chapter seemed great all the same. (ack. Do you know how hard is it type lying down?)

I look forward to your next update!

5. CGB

CGB Auror

Yeah. Your new chapter was funny as always. I hope we'll read the Department of Mysteries approved speech and what was up with Moody. I believe he knew of Harrys task and was there to watch his progress. But who knows? Maybe a polyjuiced DE who doesn't know how the eye works?
    Well whatever. I hope you're updating soon.

6. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

This is a pretty good twist on what people have done before and it seems like it is heading in the right direction to make a good fic overall, seems like he is a bit too good of a deuler i agree but then we dont really know how good harry is from cannon after the triwizard tournament and such really. He did lead the D.A. after all so he must be alright.

7. BlueMagikMarker

Thanks for all of the reviews for my fic, I thought I'd let you all know that I just finished and posted Chapter 13.
    ...so go read it... no I'm not kidding. Yes, you have to tell me what you thought of it, how else am I supposed to improve my writing!
    Anyways, only review if you want to, here's the link to Ch. 13.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  8. Myst

Myst Headmaster

That chapter was short and a bit funny.

Longer chapters may be nicer, but its up to you.

9. CGB

CGB Auror

Yeah. Longer chapters would be good, but if you update fast enough, it's OK. This was another good chapter. Your characterisation of Harry is really good. Canon Harry would never have pranked his roommates.

10. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Good work. Though I think it would have been funnier if Harry had pranked the ones he disgraced. Hope to see more soon.

11. Shade Emrys

Shade Emrys Third Year

Good fic. Are you going to update sometime soon? :banana:

12. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Ditto.

Short chapters get annoying when it takes a long time for them to come out. *hint, hint*

13. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Personally I feel that as long as you post often, the chapter sizes you have now are great.
    Also, this is an excellent story, one of the first of its kind that I have read. And like others have said, I really enjoy this version of Harry, well done

14. BlueMagikMarker

I finally posted the next chapter, it would have been up sooner... whatever. I was having a minor writer's block and my life was fairly hectic at the moment. So go check it out and tell me what you think of it.

I liked it overall, but I think it moves too fast, I seem to be having that problem a lot. Anyways, this chapter is important in that it sets me up for the next chapter which should be fairly major in the grand scheme of things. Oh, and I left a horrible cliffhanger at the end just for you :).

Edit: BTW Nonjon, thanks for pointing out that typo... it's been fixed. And I liked your comment about it.
    TY CGB for the review also.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  15. CGB

CGB Auror

I liked the new chapter. It had a good dueling scene and of course a funny Harry. Now I don't know what to write else... just update soon!

16. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Still a very good chapter, but not quite up to par with the rest of the story. Very funny and a good dueling scene, though.

LMAO!

17. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Good chappy. Nice dueling scene. Bad ending, could have added few more paragraphs of the aftermath.

18. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Id have to agree with IP. It was a nice chapter, with a pretty good dueling scene. The ending though... was much to be desired.

19. BlueMagikMarker

Harry Potter: Enigma at Work by BlueMagikMarker

Title: Harry Potter: Enigma at Work
    Author: BlueMagikMarker
    Rating: T
    Genre: Independent/Humor
    DLP Category: Independent
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Harry's life changes when he's asked to join the Unspeakables. Forget Hogwarts! Follow Harry as he takes his destiny into his own hands with the help of the secret organization. What is Voldemort planning... and what's this about the Quibbler? PostOoTP This used to be in the Indy Harry section but I stopped writing for a long time and it seems to have disappeared...

Link
    [​IMG]
    I thought I would link the little banner I made for it to be different :D.
    Edit: Apparently it didn't work :p, so the word 'Link' goes there too now.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  20. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

What a freaking coincidence. I just read the latest chapter of this story.

5/5 for an Unspeakable Harry