1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah sorry I was just about to respond to that but was reading all the posts so I was asking about lynching an
    Obviously I know that, and my scum reads well Jarizok (haha no idea how people confuse that with Jarikov sounds like a pokemon name) and well tbhyouaswell.

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Care to explain why?

3. Majube

High Score:
    Others are guessing that Jarizok is just seeming scummy since he's a newb bu- well at first I was gonna vote Waco since Jarizok seemed okay but then he just derailed into seeming scummy (with the priest thing one example). I remember he bragged about reading through 3 threads, but even I who only skimmed like 2 and went through mafia wiki know a bit of what seems scummy so he just looks like a noob trying to be scummy? First very non-subtle and then latching on an askin' Waco well when you voted me without evr seein me post well, Don't scum usually post more and wouldn't with all your 'trying to find scum' actually wait a bit before voting on a noob that well wouldnt have been very subtle scum at all?

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll count your votes since they're hard to miss, but please put them on their own lines in the future.

o~o~o~o~o

Votecount 1.01

The Waco Kid (2): Jarizok, owner
    miner11121 (2): Delphine, Bill Door

Jarizok (1): Majube
    Majube (1): The Waco Kid
    Bill Door (1): mallorean_thug
    Zenzao (1): his fluffiness
    Palindrome (1): Zenzao

Abstaining (4): miner11121, Citrus, Palindrome, KaiDASH

With 13 alive, it's 7 to Soft Lynch and 10 to Hard Lynch!

Day 1 will end on Sunday, November 13th at 2100 EST or immediately following a Hard Lynch. A timer is available here.

5. Majube

High Score:
    Also
    If this is still a thing. Count my vote for Palindrome

6. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Majube wouldn't a proactive person be a better choice for mayor? In my mind Bill, Waco or Zenzao would make more sense then since they're most actively playing the game. Scumminess reads aside, basically anyone would be a better choice for mayor than Drome based on proactiveness displayed except yourself and Citrus.

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Owner has been talking too loudly and too often for me to have an opinion other than she's talking a lot. Actually reading her posts requires more effort than I can give them at the moment.

Drome is overly defensive but not probs not scummily so.

8. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm going to retire from the game. I'm glad I had a chance to meet you and see what this place was about, although I've found out it's very much not for me any more.

Good luck for the rest of your game. :)

9. Majube

High Score:
    Wow, guess I retract my vote for mayor/mugwump which was given because she has leading experience. Does this mean Little Italy is lawless excuse me Modless once more?

---------- Post automerged at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Vote me for Supreme Mugwump then! Not only am I (now) more proactive then Drone. I am a Second year and rank seniority over you in the Magickal arts! I also know when to retract votes hinthint for suitable causes and I feel my awesomely wizard power and role model Albus Dumbledore makes me suitable for the role. (Props also to the fact that it's a role without power so no worries about corruption!)
    Vote MajCorneliusube for Mugwump/Minister/Mayor!

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

It means she decided to step away so she wouldn't be obligated to start handing out infractions for the copious amount of disregarding the forum rules that occur here. ;)

11. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That too. Whew.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Y'know that's a good point to make, and one I'd initially glossed over.

:D

One WitchHunt on FantasyStrike, otherwise just here on DLP.

Pretty sure Snow did this in Narutomafia. But why do you say it is unfortunate?

The last 13 player setup I was in was Mimefia and was broken into an 11-2 ratio VT to scum. IIRC the WitchHunt on FS had 3-4 scum but I cannot remember player count. The other two major games I've been in lately were both 17 player games so 4 scum and at least 1 TP was common.

I don't really know how Fonti would balance a game, but if she followed the same formula as WH6 there should be 3 scum.

Likewise.

Counterpoint: The more scum talk, the more easily they trip over their own words and expose themselves via slips(although town can also make this mistake it is less likely to occur). Discouraging posts in other portions of the forum I wholeheartedly agree with on this front, but in mafia threads it stifles hunting.

I'm sorry to see you go but whoever replaces into your slot is going to bear some scrutiny.

Interesting way of phrasing that Maj. Kind of reads to me as if you're implying that the rest of us have to 'guess' that Jarizok is 'seeming scummy' whereas you 'know' he is.
    Jarizok's opening post mentions the priest thing, so how did he 'seem okay' before that?
    Rest of this isn't doing you many favors, Maj.

Interesting. I'll process this in a bit.

13. Majube

High Score:
    Bad turn of phrasing sorry

Ah confused that, later on what he said was okay but since I was following it from the beginning, the priest thing wasn't so bad but it was disconcerting to see him backtracking, owning up to it in a way that was eh..
    Well it made sense to me but yes I could've/should've phrased that better as well.

---------- Post automerged at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Stated better, What I meant was that Waco essentially did a random vote seeing as how I'd offered nothing up yet. Since Waco later justified his prodding of people as wanting to find the scum it made his random vote suspicious as obviously once he found wouldn't he want to vote? Also, I said one example of Jarizok was the priest thing and later including his turnaround on priest he seemed more suspicious.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Working on the Palindrome replacement.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

You're allowed to Unvote and Vote someone else, so his RVS at the beginning was actually just.. RVS. But your reaction to his prodding was (evidently) not favorable, so he's parked his vote on you for now.

Delphine

Besides your read on me, do you have anything else? If you lynch me, I flip town. Who then would draw your attention?

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Volunteers:
    1) Jarizok, the Magnificent Cat
    2) Waco, the Young Resident of Northern Texas

Town pocket has been assigned a value of 1.
    Scum pocket has been assigned a value of 2.

Jarizok has RNG'ed: 1

Congratulations Jarizok, I am now considering you Town for the remainder of D1!
    Congratulations Waco Kid, I am now considering you Scum for the remainder of D1 (oh the irony!)!

Vote: The Waco Kid

Thanks for playing kiddo's

---------- Post automerged at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

A little, but I like to think I have the self control to not show it (mostly)

What does one maf scenario mean? Everyone against one person? I note that I am confused

Why Waco?

Ftr, I would make the best mayor. I'm the only player to have declared his alignment! You don't see anyone else doing that

Thank you for playing out a few pages with us! I think games tend to be like this for the first few IRL days but they do move back towards real game-play soon after. I hope I see you around in future games perhaps (or around the forum then)!

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

After being a game mod last, I have an irritating tendency to look for the bookmark box when making posts now. Meh.

Hey Zenzao, other than Cat-man and Waco (whose alignments are known), where's your head right now? Like your general thoughts on the game so far etc.

---------- Post automerged at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Someone needs to help me defeat the evil (good?) auto-merge so that I can regain my rightful place of more posts than His Fluffiness.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

One maf= One mafia out of the two of them.

18. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maj
    Waco
    Palindrome
    Miner|Bill|Citrus
    Delphine|Mal

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ahhhhh that makes so much more sense

You were talking about Jarvok and Zenzao, right? Can you summarize again why you scumread those two for me?

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I didn't mean a readlist, I meant literally what-are-your-general-thoughts-on-how-the-game-is-progressing thus far (that took way more effort than I thought to type up)

---------- Post automerged at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I don't know why your name is so hard to remember Jarizok but I apologize (in advance && hindsight) for butchering it

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Dude... What? I was referring to Majube/Jarizok lol.