1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Just read Citrus' game. I reiterate that he's having too much fun to be town.

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I did, and it's making me continue to side-eye Citrus here. I don't really care if he's using it to get a read on anybody, it's not useful, and usually citrus's annoying gimmicks /are/ useful.

---------- Post automerged at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Bill, Citrus has more fun as town than scum. Doing an annoying thing like this is more associated with his town game than his scumgame, but he knows that. Since he won't stop, I suggest ignoring it.

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Why are you saying that the miner wagon is "informative"? If you think that Miner is town, then why are you not taking the effort to defend him?

Vote Majube

And I could be pocketed by Waco again but I feel like his posts are pretty tonally town. These posts make me feel like Waco could be town:
    --

There is literally no net loss from holding onto your vote, but I've repeated this spiel with many others and I bet mal/others will repeat the same things I am saying, so w/e.

And there's mal and fluff with it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Are you literally me?

You're basically taking the words out of my mouth with these last three paragraphs. If you're scum, then good job, because there's no way I'm ever lynching you.

Fair. I do the 'writing up questions that can be answered if I read' thing because I think it helps me get reads based on people who are following my thought process. The people who do I think are more likely town, because scum have difficulties faking a townie mindset.

I see the case on owner and I am not exactly the most convinced? I know that owner's a competent scum player from what I saw in the 8.5 Hydra Game, but there have been enough tonally town markers from her that I am kind of reluctant to lynch her for.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Mind outlining Owner's scum-style a bit for me Prophylaxis? My only exposure to her game-play is the Witch Hunt she played over here before this game. I'm hoping that having had constant QT access to her during that game (lol sorry Owner) gave me a good read on her thought progression as town, but I don't really have any grasp on her scum-style etc.

Preferably don't outline it til after I look through her (next few hours), so I can maybe compare it with what I thought thus far albeit it being pretty early on in the game

---------- Post automerged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

</3

/10char

5. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Citrus, hopefully you'll just get shot instead of me, regardless of how scummy you're trying to look. <3

6. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because I think their town, I have to defend them? Last time I stated my reasons for why I think town I'm pretty sure I made people doubt your role more.
    By informative I meant finding what their reasons for voting were.

---------- Post automerged at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I've found that it doesn't really help. At all.

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I didn't help me my first game either. But I have seen some people adjusted really well.

8. Majube

High Score:
    Didn't like 3 other people do this? Is it considered somethin you shouldn't do?

---------- Post automerged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Tbh, I feel like it's more comparable to strategic games then rl mafia, and I suck at chess.

---------- Post automerged at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I was just satisfied that I wasn't considered scum anymore, honestly didn't follow all of the player agreements. Or if that isn't enough to satisfy you I didn't really care.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Delphine you say that you like mal's case on me. But Mal was getting on me for liking kai's read on mal without giving an explanation, which I since have explained.Right now, your push on me is too easy. And you are at fault to the same thing mal called me out for.

Please give your own reasons as to why I'm scummy to you.

Furthermore, I have not seen your townie behavior yet in this game.

As of right now, I either want to lynch The Waco Kid or yourself.

---------- Post automerged at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I was in the chess club in high school, but I was still lynched on day 1 in my first mafia game.

---------- Post automerged at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------
    Majube so why are people trying to lynch you again?

---------- Post automerged at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Maybe, if I got some free time, I could run a buddy or mentor game over here.

10. Majube

High Score:
    Owner still answering your earlier questions but My Waco interaction apparently reinforced their scum opinion an Prophy because of my wagon opinion.

---------- Post automerged at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

In one of the mafia groups, they talked about making one. Did they ever do that?

---------- Post automerged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I pretty much drop the whole evasive Drome thing now, and I was just following Mals read.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yo peeps. Owner, Majube, Waco Kid, Jarizok, Zenzao, Miner.

Move your votes.

Vote: KaiDASH

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Why KaiDash over Waco or Delphine though?

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I am not voting Waco (see previous post outlining PoE).

I need to skim through Delphine's posts again (as well as yours). While Kai should be up and posting soon and I want to see what he does considering how close we are to Day end

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    You shouldn't be the lynch today.

Newbie town players generally get mistaken as scum all the time because their lack of experience means they don't know how to word things yet.

In a real life mafia game, wording isn't necessarily stressed this much as maybe the way their voice sounds or what their body language says.

Prophylaxis when you started playing mafia for the first time, did you have any such confidence in defending your own reads yes or no?

The issue, I have with lynching Majube today is that
    1. He's active in the thread and trying to figure things out.
    2. His wording is iffy but not necessarily coached.
    3. I feel like those pushing on him are not necessarily trying to read him.
    4. Like there's pushing on a person for being scummy but there's also evaluating other factors trying to understand where he's coming from.

Conclusion: I feel there is a very good chance that Majube is town. I don't want to see him die.

---------- Post automerged at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

You were initially voting for waco, but then you suddenly read him as town. What was up with that?

15. Majube

High Score:
    Owner, Citrus doesnt want to vote for those people because of this

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Zenzao

If Majube was on a mafia team, would not his teammates tell him how to act though?

Him being absentminded in regards to something you said in one of your posts could be explain by other reasons aside from actually being scum.

For example, he could be overwhelmed or have misread your post. It's not necessarily something against you personally or anything.

---------- Post automerged at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------
    Citrus, you keep saying you are going to look at me and Delphine, but I'm not seeing any results. Is there a particular reason why you are procrastinating such a task?

17. Majube

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure Miner was talking about me being scum. So, what? How could we be partners, and I was actually following their example of calling out seemingly planned banter seeing as how others agreed with them. Evidently, I was wrong ah, Waco quoted them while deflecting my questions/answers

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Huh, turns out I still have email notifications on for mentions. Please don't abuse that owner/etc haha

Yeah, I've basically been studying since waking up today, so I've built up the idea that sifting through posts will be more work and I feel massively lethargic right now. I'm trying to con myself into doing it sooner (ex: asking proph for thoughts but promising I'll post mine first)

I really prefer staying connected with games live, and have built a massive hatred of rereads in the past year or two

19. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    haha, excuse me? does it really matter if we get information out of him if he's scum. that's one less person to stand in our way to victory.

like yes it's good to find out information from the mouth's of the scum themselves, but overall we need to get rid of them.

I don't like your hesitancy in keeping your vote on Waco Kid.

---------- Post automerged at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Sorry, I'm use to letting people know when I'm talking about them or addressing them.

*notes massive hatred of rereads*

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Meh. For the purposes of not wanting to get either of us off track: I rolled a die and decided to scum-read Waco kid for the day. If you ignore that sentence and remove it from my post, the following sentence is a lot more indicative of how I would read him without that aka not ok with voting/lynching him

---------- Post automerged at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

All good, just trying to avoid mass email notifications (has happened before)