1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yup! You mean an explanation of those people/reads?

Conf!town-read on Jarizok. Ignoring that, I have a town-read on him because of his frequency of posting + carefree tone + being a new player, which summed together make me think town.

I don't have much of a read on Majube. He's new so I'm loath to lynch him D1 and I don't have a specific scum-read on him (he also posts fairly frequently which is a point in his favor as a new player).

Feeling pretty good about town!Mallorean for trying to drive the game forwards + trying to solve the game, things which I don't think scum!Mallorean can emulate nearly as well.

Thinking Waco (yourself) is town, for the level of genuinity I get off some of his pushes + the overall carefree tone (I think scum!Waco is way more shy + conservative-appearing).

Leaning town on Zenzao, feeling like he's building up ideas and then aggressively testing them out/pushing with them behind him to see where he goes.

Slight lean town on Miner, feels like he has beliefs that are consistent and he's fighting for them fairly strongly (like being basically the only player to town-read Owner + argue at all against what must be a barrage of scum-reads on Owner from a bunch of players).

Leaves the pool of fairly nullish players: Miner, Delphine, Fluffiness, Prophylaxis, Kai, Bill Door.

Prophylaxis I outlined before why I wasn't ok with voting/blitz lynching him all of a sudden

If you want me to clarify any of those further lmk. I think the only major ones that are out-of-game are Majube and Prophylaxis though, everyone else is in-game reasons (or a hybrid of the two) for why I have them PoE'd out

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

1. I think Waco and owner are town. I think Majube is scum. That said, the game has felt /too easy/ to me, right now, like it shouldn't be this easy to obtain reads.

2. The thread at the time was pretty split. I think the scum were forming what stances they wanted to take, and wanted to be consistent with.

3. Given that I don't know who the scum are yet, I'm not sure if they're pushing counterwagons or not.

4. I dislike Citrus's KaiDASH vote and miner's Jarizok vote. fluff's Citrus vote doesn't exactly inspire me either.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Kai isn't still on bill door right?

---------- Post automerged at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Aaaand found it:

Pretty please!

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Why is miner both slight town lean and null?

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Can you give me a full top to bottom rainbow on that?

Given who you don't want to lynch, who's your ideal lynch today?

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Because it's only a little above null if I were to space it out for read confidence, but I have specific thoughts on him while I don't really for the others in the vague null pool

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Yea Kai's still on Bill

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

It's a "me being very busy and being overloaded on mafia" tell.

I'm soulreading miner as town based off of the mind-meld comment.

What the heck is a parity cop? Is it like a Scientist or something?

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

The longer this goes, the more undecided I am with this wagon

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I feel like owner's claim there was more confident because the priest in WH is town-confirmed, while in this closed game a parity cop claim could be from scum or town owner.

I still like the acknowledgement of her being a town PR; the progression going from softclaim to actually claiming feels consistent with being an investigative PR.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

To me it's not that you've been on catch-up mode. What bugs me is you have a bunch of posts that are

"hey I'm catching up atm" and then nothing ccam of it

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    What's a scientist?

A parity cop is a variation of a cop role. Each night, the person may select a person to investigate. The parity cop will receive results same or different from the previous person they checked. So a night 1 check from me wouldn't mean much because I haven't previously checked someone.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah, that was gross. I was busy catching up in another mafia game by the time I posted that and ended up straight-forgetting on this one, lol.

So it's basically a "nerfed cop check every two Nights" thing?

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    ah, I'm in another game too, but it's kind been put to the side for now.

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    The problem I'm at right now is that no matter what alignment owner actually is, she's going to be a doubt for the remainder of the game and myslynch-bait in best circumstances. Do we remain on her wagon with sub-40 on the clock or do we shift wagons to Proph/Maj?

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I make up roughly 16% of the posts in this thread. :p

---------- Post automerged at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I should really eat something though...hmmm

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm feeling owner-town, Delphine-scum at the moment. owner's read on Delphine feels like it has conviction and I think I am buying the meta argument.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Waco, why are you suddenly in doubt after pushing for owner fairly hard all Day?

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'd like to see her alive at D3, if for nothing else than to confirm that Scum! RB. She can be lynched if she hasn't already been shot by scum by then. But lynching a claimed PR d1 who has a lot of posts just screams Bad idea to me.