1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Mallorean Thanks for the advice, although I'm not sure why it would be easier to place me into scumteams with less information to go on. I can maybe see it if you approach it as a process of elimination.

I'd be interested in your reasoning of town Fluff and scum Bill. I don't feel like I've gleaned too much information yet, but I'm leaning town for Waco and could be convinced of Fluff's town. Majube and Delphine have exuded the most scumminess so far in my opinion.

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Oh early stuff is super important. But what's important is getting people to talk to and about each other, and calling out people purposefully ignoring other posters.

Prosecuting a case is less important than getting interactions, and seeing who works on that and who doesn't.

---------- Post automerged at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 ----------

Fluff is

1. Not getting lynched today
    2. Will get dropped like a hot rock if I need to lynch him tomorrow.
    3. Very unlikely to think to fake that specific brand of flavor assumption as scum.

Bill door is

1. Noting that Fluff thing I noticed and drawing the opposite conclusion, or at least pointing it out without following through
    2. Not playing yet.

---------- Post automerged at 05:45 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

I am

1. Needing to sleep because I work in 5 hours
    2. Being unable to sleep anyways and doing this instead.

3. Jarizok

I got about the same as you did from fluff. Not sure Bill's limited play feels scummy to me just yet, but if less play equals more scummy, I'd really like some post from Drom Citrus Kai and Owner in here.

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Regarding sleep; this is a much better use of your time. Sleep is for the weak.

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi, you are not getting the same feeling from Fluff as me because you haven't played with Fluff before and 2/3 of my points were meta and your post doesn't seem to actually understand my 3rd point.

Feel free to explain your own feelings on Fluff though.

5. Jarizok

Zenzao #67

What are your thoughts on the 'phoneposting' business? You say you've got tabs on Miner, do you have a lean there? And what about Delphine?

And what in #77 made you feel better about Mal?

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Interesting.

Agreed by and large. I think I'll reserve saying more on the matter as we seem to be seeing something unfold and I'd rather not disrupt the process.

7. Jarizok

About fluff: he says alcohol means Zenzao can't be a fellow student. Dropping a hint like that felt townie to me.

---------- Post automerged at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------
    Zenzao nono, don't reserve saying more. Do say more, we're getting some good conversation going here.

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Now, see, this here is also interesting. Because I feel like this post doesn't actually ask me anything that I haven't already laid out until reaching the question on Mal.

I covered miner in my #69. Not much of a lean. Delphine see my #71.

I feel a little better about Mal because, unlike others I've dealt with in the past, when called out on shady behavior Mal faced it, answered with a reasonable response, and followed through with a vote.

I don't mean to butt in here but that's just common sense from a scum perspective.
    Yeah but see, I think you're scum now.

Lynch Vote Jarizok.

9. Jarizok

Well, if a reasonable response when called out on shady behavior makes you feel better about people, I'll gladly give you one. I'll need you to spell out to me what shady behavior I've had going on though.

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    [​IMG]

11. Jarizok

Zenzao Hmm yes, not quite the 'spell out' I had in mind. I'll assume it's about #85 then.

Mallorean advised me to engage people, and it was only you Bill Mal and me posting at the time, so the obvious targets for a question were you and Bill. We were already discussing Bill, so a question for you would get me the most information. I thought the phoneposting spiel was weird and I didn't get much of a read from it, so that's where my question came from. I'll admit it's a bit of a fail that you'd already discussed it, but I'd missed that. My bad.

I don't agree with you that the what fluff did is scummy, but you say it's common sense for scum. How so?

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Just because we few were the only ones online does not mean that you only attempt to converse thus. Your efforts(and really all of ours) should be aimed at every player in order to allow for full interaction analysis as the game unfolds. Address other players that aren't presently online so that you can get a response out of them later.

Really, a lot of what I'm seeing when I look at you is just newb(and I don't think I've seen you play around here before). There are hints of newb!scum that could chiefly be from unfamiliarity rather than intent, but I can't exactly safely clear you.

Answer me this. Why would I assume what Fluff did was viable from a scum mindset whereas you only view it as a townie action? Try to work your way through it until you have something you can offer.

---------- Post automerged at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

EBWOP: Yeah, if you've gone over three mafia threads on this site, you should be familiar with certain views at this point even from a never-played-before perspective.

Which three games did you go through?

13. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Mal thug and Zenzao are trying too hard for d1 scum so far.

Jarizok is just new.

Vote Miner his posts have been voids of content even by d1 morning standards.

14. Jarizok

Dropping the hint that Fluff did was the most solid information in this thread up to that point (that I picked up on anyways, this is indeed my first game). In my mind you don't want to be ones giving information as scum, whereas there's basically no harm in giving off small tells like this if your town, because they're townie tells. Of course you can mindgame this to high heavens (maybe that's what they want to think,but maybe that's what they'll assume I think..), but what it comes down to is that being the first one with a tell like this is more likely to be townie than scummie.

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Yeah, MINEr, you can't ask where everyone is and follow that up with this little contribution to the thread.

Also, Delphine, can you explain you phoneposting question?

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Yes, thank you. Haven't you played a game with me before? I'm almost always ready to go from my first vote.

Close enough. Scum must blend in with town as thoroughly as they can manage, and what Fluff said IMO is just a part of that process, more likely to be construed in a neutral light until further activity can add to it.

To answer one of your earlier points; it is quite easy for scum to push a low-postcount player into a wagon.

---------- Post automerged at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 ----------

EBWOP: Low-postcount or low information. Couldn't remember your exact quote and didn't bother to go back a page and eye it.

16. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

It's also quite easy for scum to coast a few days as a low-postcount player.

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    ^ Something we agree upon, huzzah.

Getting tired at this point. Going to grab a ham sandwich and score some sleep in a bit.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Oh, for all yall who want to ping me, use miner11121 not miner.

And I'm not going to be around every day from ~11 to 6:30 EST because I'll be asleep.

As for my last few posts, I've been quite distracted by the election, and waking up this morning was..well... not funny.

Then again, I've never been able to form a strong opinion on anyone d1.

I do think there's one scum between Jarizok/Majube just based on what they've said so far, but that's as much as of I've got.

19. Jarizok

miner11121 We're almost a 100 posts in and that's all you've got? At least way in on the fluff debate; dropping that hint she did, scummie or townie?

---------- Post automerged at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Whoops, he did. Sorry Fluffy.

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Now what leads you toward that conclusion?