1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well ain't this a fine result.

I will note that(by accidentally selecting the first page instead of the second page of Jarizok's posts and winding up on his #524) he's rather more enthusiastic about lynching owner and Majube than Proph.

Lynch Vote Prophylaxis.

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi owner, dump your targets.

3. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    So again, I'll be willing to lynch either Proph or miner today.

4. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Also, we're still not lynching Proph.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    You mean I should just say the people I checked for each night even though I didn't get a same or different check result today?

---------- Post automerged at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Please, get out of the pocket mal.

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    I think that Kai and Zenzao actually look the worst from Jarizok's flip.

Day3 Vote Zenzao

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    You were rather determined toward DayEnd yesterDay that we lynch Kai if I'm not mistaken. Quite hard-up about Jarizok being the wagon. Why is that(on both)?

8. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Yes. /tenchar.

---------- Post automerged at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

I thought Jarizok was going to flip town. Obviously his actual flip changes things.

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Fucking lawl. I mean it. Let's hear why then.

---------- Post automerged at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

I'll address this is in a bit. Lay down that Scum!Zenzao world theory first.

10. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I would ask if that's wise, but I don't see myself getting a check anytime soon with a roleblocker in the game. And with the doctor gone, I see my chances of dying tonight, have gone up.

n1: Citrus *he was one who wanted me to check myself; I felt it would be funnier if I checked him for suggesting that idea in the first place.*

n2: Proph *cause well, I'm pretty confident he's scum, and people haven't been listening to me. Citrus even had him as town, so if I could at least get one other person to vote for him then that would be great.*

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hey I'd just like to say that lynching me is stupid and you should know why.

Thanks for your careful consideration.

12. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Annoying.

Half the people in the game pushed on majube.

The world with proph scum is a whole lot less likely than the one with kai scum.

13. KaiDASH

what am I, chopped liver?

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    no, you contributed to that read too which I already mentioned yesterday, but again thanks for talking about his meta

---------- Post automerged at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Or were you saying that you were listening? But you had the read on him first though.

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The reason anyone on the jarizok wagon looks real good is that there would have been no negative attention to them if they'd just consolidated on proph. Same reason the delphine wagon is shit for analysis, because people can just cite no time to lynch anyone else as a reason.

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    And so mal vanishes back into the good night to see if a wagon forms with the seed of doubt Majube placed at DayEnd and his own unexplained accusation at DayStart.

[​IMG]

17. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Look, I'll get to it after my house guests leave. I just dropped in to check on day start during a lull in activities.

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I'll be waiting.

---------- Post automerged at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

EBWOP: Also, Toonami kicks up in an hour. Will respond to you and anyone else in the midnight to 3am time-frame as commercial breaks allow.

19. KaiDASH

You realize he was about 5 minutes away from flipping scum, so he may as well have been talking about mickey mouse for all the relevance this has.

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    So I'm still going with what I said before. He put town in town slots in this list. He put hardly talking people in the yellow, and then put his teammates in red. He put Majube at the bottom cause she was already already voting for him.

[hr][/hr]

Mainly, the big thing for me is that a newbie mafia player, that randed as mafia, doesn't know how to make a good reads list, without coaching. It's one of the things you learn more from experience.

The other thing to consider is that I think there are 3 main modes of play for the typical newbie players when it comes with dealing with how you interact with your partners. (These modes don't cover all playstyles, but I feel that most newbies will do 1 of these 3 things.)

They townside, as in they read townies as town, and read mafia as mafia. Sure, they will sometimes push against townies, but it's harder to do than actually just pushing against their partners. Partners won't necessarily push back on other partners as to sell them being distanced from each other.

They mafiaside (or truly really play to their wincon), as in they paint their partners as town and push on townies. This is more ideal, but harder to do as townies will generally fight back.

Or they ignore their partners completely for most of the game and avoid all interactions with them and hope no one notices.

I feel like Jarizok townsided this game. So like I've been saying and repeating, I still feel like proph and miner are his remaining teammates.

---------- Post automerged at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

aw horizontal line doesn't work here :(