1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

What's YOUR take on Citrus, then? Why did you shift from voting Citrus to me? You can AFFORD a mislynch, yes, but the goal should be to lynch scum at all times.

Is there a reason why you're pushing this particular angle of questioning so hard? How does it help you get a better read on me?

That has to be sarcasm, right?

Just CTRL-F his post for the word "mislynch". He's trying to make it seem too hard to appear town.

Also, owner, I posted the interaction analysis. Are you going to just keep having earplugs in your ears and voting me, or are you going to actually re-evaluate the gamestate for once?

I wanted to be lynched Day 1 and 2 because I knew I'd be busy and couldn't really put much time into this game. But now, this game is my only ongoing game, and I am determined to solve it.

Like. Guys. Read the interaction analysis. Citrus is definitely scum. Why aren't you guys seeing it?

---------- Post automerged at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Ehh. When I look at this vote count, I'm honestly just wondering if I should even put in the effort.

owner's death tunneling me and never going to let go. Ditto with Kai and his epic gif I promise to re-use over and over again. Citrus and Bill are probably the scumteam.

miner is probably the only one I can probably even convince to try and switch votes, and mal has his vote somewhere Not Useful.

Just. Why.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think I laid out why I was switching votes in #1484, I've been pretty open with what I've been thinking the last few days. Basically I think the game has reached an impasse where the best way to solve it is to have your flip.

Am I pushing this line of questioning hard? It was like two questions on what I thought was a piece of inconsistent logic. Why are you clearing Kai for the same reasoning you're pushing me as a scumteam with Citrus?

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

The thing is, it feels like you're trying to set yourself up by saying that "we can afford one mislynch". What happened to catching scum now instead of later?

And I'm not exactly clearing Kai, but I just don't think he's the most scummy when I looked over the Jarizok interactions. All of my worlds assume Citrus is scum since Jarizok soft-balled with him hard, and in the worlds where Citrus is scum I just having a hard time putting myself in Jarizok's position and putting two scumbuddies so close to each other.

You disagree with this logic, but to me it feels like you're trying to open up the Kai lynch once you and Citrus mislynch me. Jarizok never directly interacted with you, while he did once with Kai.

4. Bill Door

I mean I've been talking about a kai lynch for at least the last 2 days. This isn't a new thing. I've been pretty clear that my plan is to lynch you and then one of citrus or kai.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sigh. It's no use talking directly to scum.
    miner11121

Come join fluff and I on Citrus. Vote for someone you think is scum, not someone you think is town just so that the PoE can work itself out. In the gamestate you're proposing, we're literally losing if the scumteam of Kai/Citrus is not correct. And I don't think it's correct.
    mallorean_thug

Please make your vote useful. Thank you.

6. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hi, I'm Dumbledore your odd night cop.

N1 green on Proph.
    N3 green on Bill Door.

Let's lynch Citrus.

Day4 Lynch Citrus

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Huh.

Difficult to believe that a parity cop and an odd-night cop are in the same game together.

---------- Post automerged at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

mal, is there a reason why you didn't counterclaim owner when she claimed?

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hi mal citation needed.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

At the end of D2 right? For context, I was at a friend's and we were supposed to eat dinner. I got scolded for sitting on my computer, so I dropped my vote on Proph as it was the leading wagon (I think it was on kai or someone that wasn't getting votes?) in case I didn't return to posting on my computer before Day ended (which I didn't)

---------- Post automerged at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Attacking my word choice for accuracy is a pretty desperate attempt, nice try though.

And why does this interaction analysis have any credibility? Because I'm positive in the past when you've posted them (as town), they had more objective/credible statements. This one is chock full opinionated statements ex: Bill Door pointing out that in one breath you accuse someone for not 'interacting enough' with Jarizok by your analysis and in another town-clear for it. You're starting from the conclusions you want to convey as true and then writing in the reasoning to lead to those conclusions

Near end of Day 2 you asserted willingness to be a compromise lynch again. The second Day end was drawing near with the wagon on you, you bucked that completely, which still would fall in the range of "Day...2 because I knew I'd be busy..." That stance changed because of the imminent lynch deadline, not because your busy-ness changed within a few hours near Day 2 end.

For the record, I am impressed by your pulling off the self-sacrifice strategy, because I haven't seen it employed in recent memory and it definitely had me waffling on you for awhile. Something to add to the bag of tricks to use as scum if I ever get a chance perhaps

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

If you were going to fake a claim to try and get a reaction, you could have at least done so on a newer player like Miner (or Owner, though competing claims so too much drama for likely little gain).

There's no way this is true and we both know that for enough reasons that I'm not going to waste my time doing so, which unfortunately means it won't end up making you feel any better about me, but I guess props for making the attempt even if it's kinda a wet noodle

10. Bill Door

Why now, Mal?

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hi mal I'm trying to think of a more useless n3 check than bill door and the only one i can think of is if you self checked.

So you're going to have to justify that one a lot, thanks.

Also I think everyone should full claim.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Just got back into the thread.

Couple things:

1) Proph, currently it's 5-3. I am definitely not okay with a no lynch, so you're going to have to sell your case well enough for me AND another player to move. As you say, Kai and owner are likely not moving. If your Citrus/Bill world is correct (which I personally doubt because a Jarizok/Citrus/Bill world isn't making sense to me interaction-wise), Bill isn't moving. Citrus isn't moving. How are you going to get Citrus to soft? Sell me Citrus/Bill, because right now I'm not seeing it.

2) I don't know what to say about mal's claim. I don't trust it at all, considering the setup. Making a note of it for later though.

3) Citrus, your post makes me feel icky. Proph wasn't really a majority wagon at all when you voted him. It was actually a 2-1-1-1-1 vote or something like that. Besides, you mentioned in #1215 you'd be back anyways (or at least you thought you would), so I don't trust the Proph vote. As things stand, if Proph flips town, you're going next.

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    But then mafia can prioritize it's kills even better.

---------- Post automerged at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Hi Mafia Role Cop, we will be lynching you tomorrow.

I suspected there was both Mafia Roleblocker and Mafia Role Cop left in the game. Mal doing two green checks could be easily faked as mafia.

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Packing for a plane ride back east, so this will probably be my last post. Wish I had time to case Citrus, but the interaction analysis post, plus his horribly unnatural "mislynch" post, should be enough.

Team is probably Citrus/???. Really confused about mal claiming there, since if his role is legit then owner is scum, but what happened to the no kill N1?

Him dropping the claim and not posting anymore rakes my paranoia though.

Still. Lynch Citrus Tomorrow. Lylo will be tricky but do full reread of game, do the pro/cons list like I did in Concussion Mafia, and look at interactions.

Good luck, have fun, win this.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

How much time left?

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

*insert snarky comment about not checking the timer I took a whole 30 seconds to make*

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Wasn't sure if there were extensions or not in the end.

---------- Post automerged at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Oh, found the new timer again.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

2 <- Later as in when? I'd prefer you give your thoughts before Day ends, specifically prefer before Mallorean posts next (if he does toDay)

3 <- No it wasn't? There were a few votes on Proph, and then there was me and Mallorean on Kai. People refused to consider Kai, there were a few votes scattered elsewhere like you said (1-1-1...), so I voted to consolidate in case and snapped my laptop shut. I spent 2-3 hours prior to that sitting on the thread, and people refused to consolidate until literally the last second (hour). I can't control the fact that it's hard for me to be constantly present especially when I already was for multiple hours prior to the last hour of Day. And like I /guess/ you can argue I did the same by sitting on Kai, but at least I was around for hours almost constantly and poking people for vote consolidation, which is more than I can say about a number (read: at the least more than there are scum) of other players this game

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

2) Later as in waiting to see if he gets night-killed or not. If there really ARE two investigatives in the game, scum can't afford to allow both owner and mal to live since they only have one block (presumably).

3) Based on votecount 2.04 Proph had 2 votes on him before you voted, and there was a scattering of votes elsewhere on all different people. I mean, I'm definitely not blaming you for not being around, since I wasn't either, but I'm just pointing out that proph wasn't really a leading wagon until you made it one.

20. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Wow guys, are we really going to lynch my green check?

I'll admit it, my claim was slightly facetious. I'm not an odd night cop, I'm only an even night cop. And my only check was on Proph. I'm very confident in Bill Dorr being town, and was hoping to avoid being blocked/killed right away if the scum team didn't think I had a check tonight.

But seriously, I'm willing to consolidate onto either miner or Citrus.

Like, if you're somebody that thinks that miner is Proph's buddy, let's lynch miner first.

If you think that miner has been reasonably townie, PoE is a harsh mistress. I'm town, proph is town, you're town from your own PoV. Show me a world where those are true and Citrus is town, I dare you. It would have to be something wacky like miner/Bill. I don't think that's a thing.

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Unfortunately guests from out of town destroyed my ability to play the game the last couple days. And work plus driving people to the airport means I don't have any time today. So this is all I can really give you.

:(