1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Nov 8, 2016.

1. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    tldr:

Much the same as Proph's interaction analysis:
    I've come out of rereading Jarizok's posts with Citrus as lock scum. This is on top of Citrus's terrible posts toDay, where he doesn't even try to come up with a scumbuddy for me, or scumhunt, or do anything but try to ride my failed gambit to victory.

And Bill Door , owner , miner11121 , KaiDASH , do any of you have a suggestion for who my buddy is besides Citrus? Because if the only world where I'm scum is the world where Citrus is also scum, the order you guys lynch the two of us in doesn't really matter. But if Citrus is possible in multiple scumteams and I'm not, you /have/ to lynch Citrus first on the off chance I'm town (Which I am, but that's besides the point from your POV).

Like, the biggest reason that somebody would demand to lynch me over Citrus here is either disagreeing with those premises ( as in "No, I think you could also be scum with Kai" or something) or because they're bussing their buddy Citrus toDay to help secure my mislynch.

---------- Post automerged at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Thread music: https://youtu.be/x_2Sso-JoO4

Unfortunately I can't spend my entire day doing post by posts. I'll be around if anybody needs to talk to me though. Especially owner or Bill.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I wanna lynch citrus today. Let's do this instead

Vote Citrus

---------- Post automerged at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Vote Citrus

Gotta make it bold

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

When the only person posting in mylo is the guy about to die something's probably not going right for town.

---------- Post automerged at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Citrus isn't playing like someone who thinks he might be about to lose this game.

3. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Bill Door , what are you thinking about Kai vs Miner? I think that miner has been more independantly scummy, but makes way less sense on a team with Citrus/Jarizok. And Kai has been wrong way more than he usually is as town, but he does have that setupgaming thing about his counterclaim to Jarizok.

4. Bill Door

Kai definitely

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I'm pretty confident in Miner not being in a team with jarizok

---------- Post automerged at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

But also possibly you, I'm not clearing you here.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Or he's desperate considering the deadline is impending and what's more a win here and now is in grasp. If he was doing it more than 8 hours or whatever before Day end, it would be slightly more credible.

Him trying to AtE me basically clinched it for me (notice the transition from appealing to me to ignoring me and begging everyone to lynch me before him the second he decides he can't manipulate me into it), and your not hammering him means it has to be exactly Miner + kai for us to lose here, so no I'm not worried about losing here because mallorean is scum (and if we lose because of this then you and dead peeps can make me eat my words)

---------- Post automerged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

The biggest reason to lynch Mallorean toDay is because he's scum, end of discussion. There is no off chance he's town, and the fact that he's dipping into emotional appeals and false statements is a blaring scum-tell for him

6. Bill Door

I gotta go play football. I'll be back in like 90 mins and will be around until deadline.

---------- Post automerged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Please discus the possibility of lynching citrus while I'm away.

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    lol, Citrus still won't name who my partner is. Because he knows I'm town.

---------- Post automerged at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Citrus, you don't know what a scumtell from me is. And of my scumtells, AtE is not one of them. You saying that it is is a blatant lie.

I've been scum on these occasions:

Smashboards Blazblue mafia : You haven't read this one
    Lovershunt: I was never under pressure and it ended prematurely
    FS Secret Hitler: I just stopped posting, don't think you read this one.
    WH11: Vox caught me, I flailed for a little, then scumclaimed and stopped posting.
    MTGS Blackout Mafia: I just stopped posting, don't think you read this one.
    MTGS cross community on MU: I stuck to votal analysis and framed proph, don't think you read this one either.

Meanwhile, compare this game to Cathunt's endgame? You know the one where I got mislynched for the lose and AtE'd all over the place. Yeah, that one.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I have a new dice I wanna try out, so we'll see how that goes.

9. Bill Door

Kai thoughts on lynching Citrus?

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

owner , miner11121 either of you guys about?

---------- Post automerged at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Come on people, less than 3 hours left. Let's at least talk about it.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Votecount 5.02

mallorean_thug (4): owner, miner11121, KaiDASH, Citrus
    Citrus (2): mallorean_thug, Bill Door

Abstaining (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 to Soft Lynch and 5 to Hard Lynch!

Day 5 will end Thursday, December 1st at 2100 EST or immediately following a Hard Lynch. A timer is available here.

Previous Votals: 1.01 | 1.02 | 1.03 | 1.04 | 1.05 | 1.06 | 1.07 | 1.08 [Final] ||| 2.01 | 2.02 | 2.03 | 2.04 | 2.05 | 2.06 | 2.07 | 2.08 [Final] ||| 3.01 ||| 4.01 | 4.02 | 4.03 | 4.04 | 4.05 | 4.06 [Final] ||| 5.01

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

I have returned.
    mallorean_thug

I listed my worlds before, but in essence they are Kai/mal, Citrus/mal, and Citrus/Kai.
    Bill Door

I'm more confident about mal than I am about Citrus. But this is only taking into account stuff since d3. I keep promising to do a full reread but I never have time to get around to it urgh. I swear I'll do it in F4 though.

Do you have a particular reason why you believe Citrus to be scummier than mal?

---------- Post automerged at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I haven't read any of your scumgames, but I'd like to see this game because my only town!mal comparisons right now aren't favorable for you.

What is AtE?

12. Bill Door

There's something about his fucked up cop claim that just doesn't make any sense from town or scum. Like it's so far out of the realms of something I'd ever do that I can't see the motivation from either side.

When we can't afford a mistake I don't want to go through with that uncertainty. Like in my mind mal is 50/50, but citrus is like 90/10.

Pretty much any world I see has Citrus in it.

Also this entire day feels bad, like we're doing something wrong. Town getting things right isn't this simple. Like, even if mal flips scum we probably lynch citrus next. And citrus isn't playing like someone scared of losing. He's too quiet, if he's town he'd be talking about who mal's partner would be. If he's scum with mal he'd be doing something to try not get lynched tomorrow. By doing neither I reckon he's happy with the way things are going and doesn't think it will get to tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

AtE is appeal to emotion.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

One hour left.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

Gahh. Now you're making me doubt myself.

Bill did you read my post about why I scumread mal's claim? And if you did, please tell me what you thought was wrong about it. Like that's essentially where I'm coming from when I'm voting mal.

Also why can't the world be mal/Kai?
    owner

Would like some input from you too. Tell me I'm being an idiot.

15. Bill Door

Do you mean post #1592?

---------- Post automerged at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

My main issue is that scum mal doesn't really have a good reason to claim. Like it's never worth the risk imo?

Like if the world is mal/citrus, which makes most sense in a scum mal world imo, then there's no real reason to claim. At the time it looked like it was 6town 2 scum, that gives town one mislynch. The most likely progression of kills was proph > Citrus > ?. And at the time I don't think many people had ? as mal. I definitely would have gone for kai last at least. Like at the time he claimed I think a scumteam of mal/citrus was in a winning position, not a position in which they need to pull a weird ass gambit.

Then again I'm not a player who's inclined to ever play weird ass gambits so I don't really know what goes through the minds of people who do.

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

World could maybe be mal/kai but it just doesn't feel like the right scum team. Like look at kai's first post in the thread, that's just way too fucking on the nose.

16. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Sorry, owner, that game got nuked by Sirlin killing the FS forums and I don't have a link to Kai's archive.

17. Bill Door

30 minutes left.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

What he said.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Since owner hasn't been around since daystart, I'll assume you were talking to me.

Bill Door

The thing that I'm most worried about with Kai/mal is that both have pushed many players in the game, and both have been wrong most of the time.
    Like mal pushed Zenzao, and Kai's shoved Proph all game. mal, meanwhile, was protecting Proph all game from a lynch when all Proph did was post "catching up".

Like, that feels like it could be planned?

I guess I see what you're saying in that you're safer with a Citrus lynch. I'm not sure how I feel about it though.

20. Bill Door

Tbf pretty much everyone has been wrong a lot this game. I also don't think any of kai/mal/citrus are the sort to plan a lot in scumchat. Uunless owner or kai show up it doesn't really matter what you think, it'd take two of you to switch off of mal.