1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter using Transfiguration to create creatures

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Jigokuno, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

[​IMG]

...FOR ME TO POOP ON.

2. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

I guess I'll give Rise of the Gray Lord a try. I'm kind of reluctant though because the summary already has a very obvious spelling mistake.

3. Foxy Foxy

Foxy Foxy Third Year

You're either thinking of Bunshin No Jutsu from Naruto, or Double Team from Pokemon. Really, if illusions were possible why wouldn't the DE's just do that every battle and stun (AK) people in the back?

Taure: You're right in the low-use aspect of it, but if you hit somebody with a cutting curse, unless it's in the wand-arm area, they'll recover eventually.

But if by the time a tiger gets to them they still haven't vanished it, it's going to do a lot more than a cutting curse would.

On Topic: I had always been under the impression that you couldn't conjure something that didn't exist. Besides the fact that they could be vanished, I'm almost certain you can't conjure a creature with magical abilities (Casting spells).

And so, before any of them could get in close, they would most likely be long-distance vanished.

It is an original idea though... But I don't think it could really work.

Edit: Ah, yeah, nevermind then.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm thinking of Sectumsempra here.

5. Portus

Portus Heir

I think we're both thinking of Crucio here.

6. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

I just read the latest chapter of Project M from Water Mage and it is exactly what I was thinking of when I made this thread.

Spoiler Alert!

In Project M a mentally unstable Harry with multiple personalities and a good deal of control over his mind creates creatures to fight with Thor in the third chapter. Since this is from a different universe Harry's constructs can't simply be vanished. Also since Harry's magic has been altered even with magic it might not be possible for his enemies to vanish the constructs.

I hope Water Mage decides to make creature creation a big part of his story. Since Harry has multiple personalities in his head it would be cool if he conjured bodies for them too. The only time I saw something like that done was in Demon's feign where Harry creates Voldemort to fight Merlin.

7. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

That's not entirely accurate. We see during the maze in GOF that Harry runs into an illusion, but the only thing needed to break said illusion is to simply take a step thereby breaking that illusion at any rate. I would assume they take a long time to set up though. I'm assuming that in order to break an illusion, you must go against your natural instincts when faced with such magic.